Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 325 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Stitch is easily my favorite Disney character and I hate that attraction. It’s bad. Little kids cry during it.

Like I said, I know it’s a hated attraction.

The only excited people responding to the ride on Facebook and Twitter are mostly people who haven’t been on it yet.

The fact that Universal are skipping a massive grand opening speaks volumes.

Having said that, like we all know, great things are coming. We have to get over this speed bump.

Hopefully now, we’ll start getting some more announcements and if Universal want to spin this bad PR by making those announcements, I see that as a silver lining.

Really hope so. People are already asking if it’s going to suck like FF. People also assume more screens.
No, it will suck in completely different ways.

"Typical Universal. This sucks! All it is is thrill rides with no infant lap sitting and Gammy can't ride anything because of her pacemaker, wheelchair, and oxygen tank!"

Reactions: SpatulaShack
The twitter announcement of the ride's opening has 64 replies. An insignificant amount of people. The Facebook post has a bunch of comments, but a quick scan shows most of them are not complaints. It also has over 2 thousand "likes", which doesn't read to me as people burning Universal at the stake.

I think you're a bit too desperate for this to be a flop.
Why would I be "desperate for the ride to flop?" I'm obsessed with Universal and have been since I was a kid (I'm 34 now). All I want is for the parks to succeed and I'm super excited about the future.

Meanwhile... you're using the fact that people "liked" an announcement of a ride opening on Facebook as evidence they literally like the ride? It appears no amount of evidence short of Nate Silver conducting a national poll will convince you the general public doesn't like it.

Last edited:
Like I said, I know it’s a hated attraction.

The only excited people responding to the ride on Facebook and Twitter are mostly people who haven’t been on it yet.

The fact that Universal are skipping a massive grand opening speaks volumes.

Having said that, like we all know, great things are coming. We have to get over this speed bump.

Hopefully now, we’ll start getting some more announcements and if Universal want to spin this bad PR by making those announcements, I see that as a silver lining.

They are still having the grand opening with actors so that’s not true.

Why would I be "desperate for the ride to flop?" I'm obsessed with Universal. I have been since I was a kid and I'm 34 now. All I ant is for them to succeed actually. You seem desperate for this not to be a flop and you're using zero evidence to prove your point. I mean, you're using the fact that people "liked" an announcement of a ride opening on Facebook as evidence they literally like the ride? If that isn't desperate, I'm not sure what is.

No. I'm not saying they like the ride. I'm saying nothing I'm seeing on Facebook, a source you directly referenced, points to the overwhelmingly negative reaction you were talking about. I never said in our back and forth people are going to like the ride. I said they're not going to actively hate it/complain about it in numbers that would make a difference to the powers that be. Big, huge difference between that and "like".

I don't really care one way or another how a ride I have little interest in even experiencing does.

No amount of evidence short of Nate Silver conducting a national poll will convince you the general public doesn't like it.

Nah. I'll hear about how the guest reaction surveys are going in a few weeks, then I'll know. I just expect them to turn out like Fallon did, which was surprisingly well.

The negativity being expressed here is just as ridiculous as the apoplectic reactions to Horizons closing. A mediocre ride isn't the end of the universe.

And to be honest, the reaction to F&F is completely and utterly baffling, considering if you followed theme parks at all during construction you should have known what was coming. The thread seems like just an excuse to dump on Universal at this point. Which, fine, they deserve a little dumping on now and again, but I really do not understand the continued level of angst over one ride.

It’s not ridiculous to hold Universal to the high standards they have established for themselves over much of the last 8 years, and to then be annoyed when they put out something as creatively lazy as this attraction. Because “we knew what was coming” does not mean we need to excuse it or go easy on it.

Universal is capable of delivering a better product than this, and they should have done so. Period.

Nah. I'll hear about how the guest reaction surveys are going in a few weeks, then I'll know. I just expect them to turn out like Fallon did, which was surprisingly well.

There is absolutely nothing that suggests they will turn out like Fallon's other than you saying so but fair enough. Apparently you think the general public is under some sort of mind control that prevents them from being able to be disappointed by a theme park attraction. Mind you, Kong's GSATs weren't that great even though I and many others love that ride. Why would it follow that F&F would suddenly have good GSATs when this is shorter, has no AA, and has a ride title that is counter-intuitive to expectations?

There is absolutely nothing that suggests they will turn out like Fallon's other than you saying so but fair enough. Apparently you think the general public is under some sort of mind control that prevents them from being able to be disappointed by a theme park attraction. Mind you, Kong's GSATs weren't that great even though I and many others love that ride. Why would it follow that F&F would suddenly have good GSATs when this is shorter, has no AA, and has a ride title that is counter-intuitive to expectations?

Oh my god. I'm just gonna end this here because you clearly are not comprehending what I'm saying.

No. I'm not saying they like the ride. I'm saying nothing I'm seeing on Facebook, a source you directly referenced, points to the overwhelmingly negative reaction you were talking about. I never said in our back and forth people are going to like the ride. I said they're not going to actively hate it/complain about it in numbers that would make a difference to the powers that be. Big, huge difference between that and "like".

I don't really care one way or another how a ride I have little interest in even experiencing does.

I think the big difference between this and Fallon is the GP aren't expecting Fallon/Tonight Show to really be a ride. So they are surprised it is. The GP fully expect Fast and Furious to be a ride. Specifically a thrill ride.

I think the big difference between this and Fallon is the GP aren't expecting Fallon/Tonight Show to really be a ride. So they are surprised it is. The GP fully expect Fast and Furious to be a ride. Specifically a thrill ride.

Well based on these responses, people are thrilled that Universal could take this IP and turn it into something dull...

Reactions: Disneyhead
Sure. But all the whining about it isn't gonna change that.
If we're allowed to rave about how good a newly opened attraction like Diagon is, why can't we go on and on about how bad a recently opened attraction is? Yeah, it's "whining" and "hammering in the same point over and over," but... this is a discussion forum. For a brand new attraction. That's kind of the point of this thread right now.