Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else notice it's the same plot as Star Tours? We have an informant on our vehicle that must be protected from the bad guys. And at the end, instead of saying we're all part of the rebellion, they say we're part of the family.

If we're allowed to rave about how good a newly opened attraction like Diagon is, why can't we go on and on about how bad a recently opened attraction is? Yeah, it's "whining" and "hammering in the same point over and over," but... this is a discussion forum. For a brand new attraction. That's kind of the point of this thread right now.

Ultimately, it’s not a matter of whether an opinion is good or bad - but whether there is a discussion happening. The original point was to just provide some personal insight instead of just copy/pasting Twitter reviews one right after another.

Good review doesn’t garner the same reaction as bad reviews. It’s not a sharing of opinion anymore at this point, but a dogpiling. As mods, that’s where we gotta draw the line.

Who did the CGI for this attraction? I'm going to go with a guess here and say it wasn't ILM unlike Fallon, which has amazing CGI.

Anyone else notice it's the same plot as Star Tours? We have an informant on our vehicle that must be protected from the bad guys. And at the end, instead of saying we're all part of the rebellion, they say we're part of the family.
Maybe the ride would have been better if C-3PO was the driver...

Who did the CGI for this attraction? I'm going to go with a guess here and say it wasn't ILM unlike Fallon, which has amazing CGI.
Yea, Fallon had ILM and Kong has WETA. I haven't been able to figure out who did this one, but it is somewhat reminiscent of the Harry Potter attractions to me, most specifically Hogwarts Express. (Not that HE is bad, but I get the same uncanny valley feeling from some of the larger effects and movements in the movie that you don't see on the ILM and WETA ride movies.)

Yea, Fallon had ILM and Kong has WETA. I haven't been able to figure out who did this one, but it is somewhat reminiscent of the Harry Potter attractions to me, most specifically Hogwarts Express. (Not that HE is bad, but I get the same uncanny valley feeling from some of the larger effects and movements in the movie that you don't see on the ILM and WETA ride movies.)

Yes, it's the same company that did HE.

For those who have been on it, if they re-did the show scenes with better CGI and maybe some different action, would the reaction be better, or is this just a case of it overall being bad?

A Fast & Furious animated series... just what no one wanted.

source.gif

Reactions: jrn14

A little late, but they were shooting a commercial on Saturday while I was there for softs. They had the two teens running up to the attraction and panning up to the signage. Figured it was for a Now Open spot, but damn opening was much sooner than I thought lol.

On another note, yeah it's not very good. My wife who has never seen any of the movies told me after our ride "They should be ashamed of this ride" :shrug:

I live hours away and was in Orlando this weekend. Drove past Volcano Bay and was thinking of popping in and checking out Supercharged but it wasn’t worth the $10 parking fee.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
On another note, yeah it's not very good. My wife who has never seen any of the movies told me after our ride "They should be ashamed of this ride" :shrug:

Your wife's opinion isn't valid because she's married to someone who posts on a theme park forum and is therefore not considered part of the "general public." The "general public" will magically disagree with nearly every person on the internet currently and give it a great score on internal surveys!! #sarcasm

Your wife's opinion isn't valid because she's married to someone who posts on a theme park forum and is therefore not considered part of the "general public." The "general public" will magically disagree with nearly every person on the internet currently and give it a great score on internal surveys!! #sarcasm

Alright now....