Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

Experience the Chaos of Dead Exposure: Patient Zero at Halloween Horror Nights™

Return to the darkness.

By: Patrick Braillard

I'm excited to reveal the second haunted house coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2018. This fall, fear will infect you in a brand new house that lives within a world of a fan-favorite from our past: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero.

The original Dead Exposure house shook guests to their core. Easily one of the most terrifying houses we’ve ever had—you entered complete darkness with only bright flashes revealing the zombie horde surrounding you.

We’re bringing back that same terror. But this time, we’re dropping you in the middle of Paris in 1982. The city of lights has gone dark as chaos spreads, unchecked. Hordes of vicious, flesh-eating undead are swarming the streets.

Dead-Exposure-Patient-Zero-Skulls.jpg

The military is forcing those not affected into quarantine and a vaccination is being given. It’s the only chance to ward off the sickness but there are major side effects… blindness.

You’ll be lost in the darkness as the undead hunt you. An attack can come from anywhere. You don’t have to remember the original house, to understand this single truth: They will find you.

I love they’re they using the same technique with a different idea: being blinded from the vaccine (also makes me think of NOES in HHN17 where you started the maze by getting dosed with medicine).

I wonder what made them use Paris as the location? Looking forward to seeing how they pull off the urban feel in total darkness.

Nice to see an original house get an actual teaser video. Makes me hopeful for a proper queue video.

I think whoever calls the shots heard all the complaining last year because this year's marketing has been spot on. First the Stranger Things integration of the gates into the upside down and the teaser image, to this video, plus the timing of everything.

much excites

One thing I'm interested, is if there will be a portion of the maze underneath Paris, within the Catacombs.

That'd actually make sense, as there are plenty of scaring opportunities that could come out of the catacombs of Paris.

Edit: Thinking about it more, I could even see them do something that'd connect Dead Exposure to Black Death Rising from 20 Year's of Fear, similar to how Body Collectors: Collections of The Past was a crossover between BC and Shadybrook.

Last edited:
One thing I'm interested, is if there will be a portion of the maze underneath Paris, within the Catacombs.

That'd actually make sense, as there are plenty of scaring opportunities that could come out of the catacombs of Paris.
the PNG with the glowing faces is titled "Dead-Exposure-Patient-Zero-Skulls," must be referring to the catacombs if they're skulls in Paris.

Also can't imagine there aren't any kind of plague doctor-type people "giving you the vaccination" at the beginning of the maze, right before everything goes dark.:bonk:

Just got back from a trip to Paris and a visit to the Catacombs. Couldn't be more excited if that gets included. It's a very closed in, claustrophobic environment, perfect for scares as you said.

I was more excited before I watched the video of the old one. Looked kind of boring. Can anyone with firsthand experience share an opinion? Description sounds terrifying, video looks "blah."

Eyyyy, I half called with the Catacombs ish.

Interested in location. Location of original DE suggests Tent. But potential of Paris streets and maybe even an Eiffel Tower Tease makes this sound SoundStagey

Edit: Thinking about it more, I could even see them do something that'd connect Dead Exposure to Black Death Rising from 20 Year's of Fear, similar to how Body Collectors: Collections of The Past was a crossover between BC and Shadybrook.

Also can't imagine there aren't any kind of plague doctor-type people "giving you the vaccination" at the beginning of the maze, right before everything goes dark.:bonk:

What if the Plague Doctors (who escaped the catacombs at the end of C:BDR into a museum) are the carriers of the disease? There is no information on what caused the infection yet, so maybe they brought back some old school plague into modern times. In a way, it would also explain how they have been kept “alive” in the catacombs all this time