SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No shamus last day is not today! Was there today and they weren't saying it at 4:20

Not the show, the family coaster in the Happy Harbor area.

Probably, Infinity Falls walls went up in April last year, so if this is for next year we're getting towards that sort of time.

Surprised that it's this early. Wondering if they'll close the rest gradually, or close all at once shortly after Shamu Express closes up shop today.

Reactions: DuelingDragonskid
I would hope they re-theme the coaster as Air Grover and reopen that before closing too many of the other rides. They need to have at least one kiddie ride open and that’s the best one.

I’m sure the big nets and ship will be closing next though. The awning over the nets was already removed.

I know the roller coaster

I thought you were confusing the show and the coaster, more or less.\

I would hope they re-theme the coaster as Air Grover and reopen that before closing too many of the other rides. They need to have at least one kiddie ride open and that’s the best one.

So basically a SW version of Barnstormer? :tease::toast:

EDIT: From Thrillgeek,

I thought you were confusing the show and the coaster, more or less.\

So basically a SW version of Barnstormer? :tease::toast:

EDIT: From Thrillgeek,

I was informed that the awning was removed some time ago (likely in prep for Irma). The wall around the splash pad has been there for a while as well. That is however a new wall blocking Swishy Fishies.

Glad to see they will have a new/updated family area for 2019. It will be interesting to see how far they go with the upgrades. I would also expect a sesame themed parade to be added for 2019 as well.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I learned today that the Shamu coaster cars were packed up and shipped back to Zierer, and a brand new train is coming to replace it with the new Grover themed cars. The Zamperla rides are all getting new fiberglass theme elements except the Sea Carousel which will go down for its annual rehab in May and have the octopus on top removed and the entrance relocated to the main pathway. The little railroad is supposed to move to the covered area next to Wild Arctic where they had touch tanks for a while. This summer while so much of Happy Harbor is scheduled to be closed for remodeling they are planning on bringing some temporary inflatables in to offer something more for kids to do in the interim.

I learned today that the Shamu coaster cars were packed up and shipped back to Zierer, and a brand new train is coming to replace it with the new Grover themed cars. The Zamperla rides are all getting new fiberglass theme elements except the Sea Carousel which will go down for its annual rehab in May and have the octopus on top removed and the entrance relocated to the main pathway. The little railroad is supposed to move to the covered area next to Wild Arctic where they had touch tanks for a while. This summer while so much of Happy Harbor is scheduled to be closed for remodeling they are planning on bringing some temporary inflatables in to offer something more for kids to do in the interim.
Moving the train to that area near Wild Arctic is a great idea! Now we just need a ride or two between Key West and Turtle Trek and we got a good spread out offering for kiddies!

Moving the train to that area near Wild Arctic is a great idea! Now we just need a ride or two between Key West and Turtle Trek and we got a good spread out offering for kiddies!

I was just discussing that with someone in park operations today. A couple of "family flat rides" scattered on the other side of the park would do the trick. Well themed Dumbo spinner type ride, full sized teacups, and maybe an airboat troika ride like San Diego got would offer something for kids and families.

db_2018_0429_ParkMap_2019Teaser1.jpg

Credit to Screamscape

I was shocked to see this all blocked off yesterday, but they are really moving full speed on this now! The familiar facades of Sesame Street will all be going in there. This will almost be a Sesame Place within SeaWorld with the scope of the project. I'm guessing they are planning on branding it as Sesame Place at SeaWorld and wouldn't be surprised to see the parade (that they've added in the other parks) added with it.

Reactions: Alicia
No surprise there. It was already assumed when they closed Shamu Express earlier this month and started taking the nets/play structure down. At least now there is something on a park map showing 2019.