Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought we had a thread about this, but I can't find it. For lack of a better space, I'm putting it here.

The list of projects Uni said they would be giving more info on this year at the beginning of the year:

• A̶n̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶H̶o̶g̶w̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶l̶e̶
  • Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular being replaced
  • Something new going in where Terminator 2: 3D was
  • A̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶v̶e̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶U̶n̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶a̶l̶ ̶C̶i̶t̶y̶W̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶E̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶
  • O̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶e̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶
  • The continued global expansion of our partnership with Nintendo. Our sister park in Japan has already broken ground on Super Nintendo World; I’m sure you can’t wait to hear what’s next.
Now that the F&F opening it mercifully behind us and they didn't give an update on the nighttime show at the media event (for some ungodly reason), that has to be next considering it's opening in like 2 months.

After that the question is what's next: Potter coaster details or the Bourne show. The Bourne show isn't gonna make much of a splash, so I could also see them getting announced at the same time.

The biggest question of course, is Nintendo. It seems all but confirmed SNW is moving to Park 3. Will Uni just ignore that they said they'd be giving an update this year or will they announce the new development at the end of the year and say it will feature Mario and Co? Personally I think the former is more likely than the latter. Or maybe the rumors are true and they'll announce that KidZone is becoming Pokémon or LC is becoming Zelda this year.
My prediction is that shortly before submitting the plans for the south resort to the county, Universal or Comcast will make an announcement to the effect of, "We are beginning the process of a major expansion at Universal Orlando Resort which will include a new entertainment complex, multiple new resort hotels, and a new theme park featuring family-favorite characters such as Mario, _________, and ________. (Insert IP's)"

I would also not be surprised if they wait until after the summer season is over or mostly over before releasing details about Potter or Bourne to maximize the resonance with people planning trips for next year.

Reactions: JungleSkip
The tall one on the bottom looks tippy as hell, but big enough to have a round bar in the center:cheers:

The eyes of the world will be on Orlando when Star Wars opens and Walt Disney World has its 50th anniversary. These are the times I expect the biggest announcements to be made. It will give Universal the most media bang for its money. Even articles about Walt Disney World will have the last paragraph or two about upcoming events at Universal.

Ah yes. I well remember the plethora of Universal announcements during your past vacations. We should take up a collection to send you on more vacations, so we get more new ride/show announcements. :lol::thumbsup:

During my last 2 vacations:

Kong announced
Nintendo announced.
The Walking Dead attraction announced.
SeaWorld announces no more killer whale breeding
Toothsome announced
Mako opening news
Kong opening news and attraction details

:lol:

If I was a high level exec for Comcast, Evaluating the future landscape of our business... I'd be aggressively moving forward on any and all live entertainment and themepark entertainment opportunities.

The Cable, Phone and Internet Money is there today, But in as little as 5 years it could all be gone. That's not hyperbole either...

Comcast is in a very unique situation to put themselves in a position to be on par with, and go head to head with Disney parks. We're all excited, but I don't think people really understand the gravity of what were seeing here. This is just getting started, and it is a totally unprecedented war where the first shots have just been fired.

If the opportunity to buy Sea World comes up, It will absolutely be considered and I'd wager high it will be aggressively pursued. I would be 100% surprised if Comcast passed on the opportunity to essentially create a duopoly in Orlando. Disney or Universal, No other players. Buying Sea World would put Universal in a place to have the most diverse offerings in Orlando, and capturing families through that diversity in entertainment. I'd expect the animals to all go away, and the primary ride attractions stay and get rethemed.
Lol Comcast will be plenty profitable from their home offerings. They will just jack up rates or put data caps on service so they still get more money when you stream. In fact they are already doing that certain places. Oh and net neutrality just got killed so that opens up new revenue. Now it's a good idea to invest in any case right now given the return they are seeing and healthy economy but the only way they are hurting in 5 years is if actual laws kill their regional monopolies or ability to squeeze consumers. That or Elon Musk bails us out but the effectiveness of starlink is still somewhat unknown.

Comcast's and Disney's futures will be determined by who wins the bidding war for Fox's assets.

Comcast is planning an all-cash bid that could end up costing around $90-100 billion in cash for Fox's assets and Sky...

If they win the assets, their entire business model will change.

For Disney, it's different because they're doubling down on content as a 100% content company. They won't change much, they'll still be a 100% content company.

For Comcast, they'd go from 60% cable, 40% content, to a mix that's around 45% cable and 55% content.

And their content business would be growing faster in the future, so the company will only be more dependent on content in the future.

Of course, we have to see whether an extra $90bn in Comcast debt affects the Orlando resort. It shouldn't, but we have to see wait and see just how big the numbers are.

Comcast's and Disney's futures will be determined by who wins the bidding war for Fox's assets.

Comcast is planning an all-cash bid that could end up costing around $90-100 billion in cash for Fox's assets and Sky...

If they win the assets, their entire business model will change.

For Disney, it's different because they're doubling down on content as a 100% content company. They won't change much, they'll still be a 100% content company.

For Comcast, they'd go from 60% cable, 40% content, to a mix that's around 45% cable and 55% content.

And their content business would be growing faster in the future, so the company will only be more dependent on content in the future.

Of course, we have to see whether an extra $90bn in Comcast debt affects the Orlando resort. It shouldn't, but we have to see wait and see just how big the numbers are.
Good info. I just hope we don't see blame it on Shanghai turned into blame it on Fox.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.