Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Trick 'r Treat

Kreig's house is the only facade-worthy scene for the house in the movie. I would imagine that would be it.

True. Rhonda’s house was pretty but it’s not very memorable, whereas Kreeg’s was actually pretty creepy. If that’s where we start I’m curious as to how they’ll go from that to the Principal’s house

True. Rhonda’s house was pretty but it’s not very memorable, whereas Kreeg’s was actually pretty creepy. If that’s where we start I’m curious as to how they’ll go from that to the Principal’s house
The transition from Kreig’s to Rhonda’s house are right next to each other (or another house down? Maybe it was the Principal who was inbetween. They’re all on the same block.) in fact, they could get away with not using her house at all as nothing really happens there. They can transition to the principal’s house/backyard and use her hanging body in a transition hall of wooden fences to his backyard. They only have so much space to work with.

As for transitions between “stories”, I’m envisioning a wall with a comic strip depicting the scene under blacklite. Think the pumpkin scene at the end of Halloween ‘16. That can be one of the few times everybody would let the “black wallz” slide because they would be used appropriately.

The transition from Kreig’s to Rhonda’s house are right next to each other (or another house down? Maybe it was the Principal who was inbetween. They’re all on the same block.) in fact, they could get away with not using her house at all as nothing really happens there. They can transition to the principal’s house/backyard and use her hanging body in a transition hall of wooden fences to his backyard. They only have so much space to work with.

As for transitions between “stories”, I’m envisioning a wall with a comic strip depicting the scene under blacklite. Think the pumpkin scene at the end of Halloween ‘16. That can be one of the few times everybody would let the “black wallz” slide because they would be used appropriately.

It does kinda look like Krieg's house, doesn't it? That's kinda weird/cool if they chose to start it at Krieg's house, because that's where the ending of the film was; what would the finale be for TrT if not Krieg's house? Maybe a short, blacklight "comic book" section like Freak mentioned?

Perhaps some transitions can be similar to Silent Hill, given that it was also in the Mummy queue. Wooden fences on black walls, some street lights and ominous trees with fogs between buildings and such. It was pretty effective for it's physical constraints.

Just to clarify, when we were talking about Rhonda, I forgot it was the kid dressed up as a witch, not the lady in the robot costume. Still, Rhonda’s house just wouldn’t make sense considering we never see inside.
It does kinda look like Krieg's house, doesn't it? That's kinda weird/cool if they chose to start it at Krieg's house, because that's where the ending of the film was; what would the finale be for TrT if not Krieg's house? Maybe a short, blacklight "comic book" section like Freak mentioned?
I was thinking of walking through the comic book covers under a UV light to transition, but having multiple angles of that for a finale room would be really awesome. Have all of the antagonists pop off the pages, if you will.
Perhaps some transitions can be similar to Silent Hill, given that it was also in the Mummy queue. Wooden fences on black walls, some street lights and ominous trees with fogs between buildings and such. It was pretty effective for it's physical constraints.
I feel like this will feel similar to Silent Hill in terms of style and scope of the sets. To this day, that is still an impressive house knowing how immersive it was in such a small space. Really, all they would have to put in would be Kreig’s house, Principal’s house, the school bus swamp, and the werewolves. Maybe squeeze in the festival into a small scene. Mummy might be perfect for this venue.

I doubt they would do this as they’re not big on queue videos, but it would sweet if they projected the rules of Halloween film they show at the beginning of the movie into the wall while we’re waiting.

I feel like this will feel similar to Silent Hill in terms of style and scope of the sets. To this day, that is still an impressive house knowing how immersive it was in such a small space. Really, all they would have to put in would be Kreig’s house, Principal’s house, the school bus swamp, and the werewolves. Maybe squeeze in the festival into a small scene. Mummy might be perfect for this venue.

I doubt they would do this as they’re not big on queue videos, but it would sweet if they projected the rules of Halloween film they show at the beginning of the movie into the wall while we’re waiting.

Actually, the festival could be pretty easy to do: have it be like Halloween 2 in 2016, with a series of little alleyways and a "party" going on behind picket fences. Vampire wilkins is the primary scare-actor.

This was him talking about the first treatment he wrote and how it will have green walls and burnt Umber (Like a red color) walls. So I think we will see transitional hallways of color than Black walls.

Do not post any pictures that were not taken in public areas.

Only warning that will be issued. Posting any photos after this warning will result in an immediate ban.

Thanks.

Trick r' Treat, has had hype built up by the Hollywood community for a decade now. Perhaps outside of The Exorcist (and another possible IP for this year), this WAS the most requested for die-hard fans. And it's understandable, as Legendary when they made this film with Doughtery became a cult-classic for the right reasons.

Color me very interested to see what Murdy, Willams, and the entire Hollywood team give to this experience.
Same for me I love TrT, hell I would make SAM the Icon. I live in Orlando, but I will be out at Uni Hollywood for 11 days of meetings, so I can't wait to see what Murdy has up his sleeves for this. I did find something out, that when the bus is driving down the street towards the quarry they actually pass the CHRISTINE car from the movie. So maybe that is the 80s theme hint for Orlando. I love coming out there because I love the west coast haunts. Cant wait hurry up Sept 24th

I saw this earlier today. Yeah all of it is painted black but there’s a window in one of the rooms. If anything I think the black is a basecoat for putting up the wallpaper in Kreeg’s house (just guessing that’ll be the finale) if they want to distress it any underneath the words painted on the walls. I’m not losing hope. Yet

Attachments

• 7BAACAA1-474E-4789-9C01-CB0967FE1AFD.jpeg
    7BAACAA1-474E-4789-9C01-CB0967FE1AFD.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 17