Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a themed wood coaster fits the area best or a T-Rex from RMC. T-Rex would give, if it worked, a smooth ride that could really be tailored to swoop in and around the area with a small footprint for the footers. IOA doesn't have a wood coaster and this could fill that need. Hard to say which management wants. I am just not sure about wing coasters. Gatekeeper at Cedar Point is boring. Wild Eagle at Dollywood was pretty good and I haven't been on Holiday World's.
A woody, I think not. Even Disney didn't do it although it was in their original concept art. It was probably to expensive and they rather would pay their cast members a bit more.
r-1503373573-Excavator5.jpg

JP is not getting an RMC. If Universal is going through with a JW overhaul, then a woody wouldn’t really fit the new image they have for the land. RMC’s/ woodys may fit in small areas, but some parts of this coaster that may intrude a little out of the tric area, cant be having the supports that these types of coaster have. Short lifts w launches and low to the ground is something I could see for this ride. A ride like maverick is a great example. Launched wing is good too. Something sleek and stealthy is what would go best for this new reimagined JP.

JP is not getting an RMC. If Universal is going through with a JW overhaul, then a woody wouldn’t really fit the new image they have for the land. RMC’s/ woodys may fit in small areas, but some parts of this coaster that may intrude a little out of the tric area, cant be having the supports that these types of coaster have. Short lifts w launches and low to the ground is something I could see for this ride. A ride like maverick is a great example. Launched wing is good too. Something sleek and stealthy is what would go best for this new reimagined JP.

If we got a launched wing coaster, I’d be so happy.

That's a good point. Is this "Jurassic world" land a theme park we are walking into? Is it an attraction within Jurassic World? Is it a land with 2 attractions within Jurassic World? etc...

Any way you slice it, if this is going to be JW- Discovery Center needs to go (as much as I love the iconic exterior). Ideally, they keep us Jurassic Park and keep DC (and reimagine the inside); but I only see two options for a coaster here:

1) They keep it Jurassic Park, a woodie would work perfect to go alongside a reimagined DC.

2) They make it Jurassic World, which needs to be a sleek modern looking coaster, Discovery Center needs to go; and they need to make an extremely modern looking building with lots of windows and tech- or even a Table Service restaurant/building instead. JPRA gets updated Animatronics and ride vehicles are either reskinned for JW or new. Camp Jurassic can stay as is- being a "nostalgic" kid area in JW.
In typing that, a restaurant with lots of windows looking at the lake and "jungle" around you with a modern closer moving around it that you can see would be pretty awesome.

I love HRRR, but it really does have too many brake-runs.
Idk I've been on a lot of coasters and the blocks on HRRR don't really bug me. They usually have great air time leading in and they give you a second to anticipate the next maneuver. Now for a major coaster I think the choice to go with such small trains is a bit silly, but I'd prefer a Jp coaster like that because it's more intimate and multiple blocks could indicate show scenes.

I think that a themed wood coaster fits the area best or a T-Rex from RMC. T-Rex would give, if it worked, a smooth ride that could really be tailored to swoop in and around the area with a small footprint for the footers. IOA doesn't have a wood coaster and this could fill that need. Hard to say which management wants. I am just not sure about wing coasters. Gatekeeper at Cedar Point is boring. Wild Eagle at Dollywood was pretty good and I haven't been on Holiday World's.

I've heard wing coasters are quite forceless. I honestly don't care if an RMC single rail is loud so long as it's a big time thrill to make up for the loss of Dragons. Seriously, they put Kong at the entrance to JP, so there's clearly some wiggle room.

Jurassic Park at IOA is Jurassic Park. The most recent attempt and the setting for this is on Isla Aventura. So believe it is or it can actually borrow ideas while keeping the aesthetics, which saves millions on rebranding. Isla Aventura can easily take place after the second failed attempt at Isla Nublar which would be the events of the first Jurassic World film. This also avoids comparisons and having everything to be exact. Part of the reason this was done in the first place. This allows us to have ride elements from Jurassic World, original JP and others. The only thing you would even modify if they cared to is the footage of John Hammond in River Adventure queue and label it "archive footage from our founder." It is even in the show scripts for the land that Hollywood films have grossly exaggerated our missteps in previous parks. This allows the land to be remain less time stamped.

This would also keep merchandise going because Jurassic Park outsells JW merch by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.