Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully both. So is Chucky going in Sting Alley with Killer Klowns From Outer Space in Hollywood? Or is it reverse

From what I have heard, reverse that order.

I am thinking the zone extends along the waterfront for the parade then in through the alley for some other scenes (I am envision the bikers and clown scene, but have no inside information)

I am thinking the zone extends along the waterfront for the parade then in through the alley for some other scenes (I am envision the bikers and clown scene, but have no inside information)

Ah.. that would make sense that Vamp ‘85 is taking part of New York. KKFOS is gonna be awesome though; hopefully they have the cotton candy

Ah.. that would make sense that Vamp ‘85 is taking part of New York. KKFOS is gonna be awesome though; hopefully they have the cotton candy

I think the parade scene from Killer Klowns would be amazing in Hollywood. Plus, Hollywood is huge and I don't think a Chucky scarezone needs that much space.

I hope the zones are amazing and i would still be happy about killer clowns which has been my dream for HHN all this time.

But i am getting a little bit worried about it, I Agree Chucky does not need that much space (Unless they are planning to add other toys or a lot of different characters and do something really creative with that much space.)

I hope everything works out well but I would have loved to see the parade in Hollywood and i wish they made a tent where Academy of Villains had their stage. Not even a real tent that you could enter but just a tent surrounded by clowns with invisible dogs in leashes. lol
There was a lot they could have done with killer klowns in Hollywood. they could have even had the puppet show and have the Firemen clowns.

I just hope Killer klowns is not a tiny zone. I hope it is big enough.

I hope the zone has their little car too lol

I hope the zones are amazing and i would still be happy about killer clowns which has been my dream for HHN all this time.

But i am getting a little bit worried about it, I Agree Chucky does not need that much space (Unless they are planning to add other toys or a lot of different characters and do something really creative with that much space.)

I hope everything works out well but I would have loved to see the parade in Hollywood and i wish they made a tent where Academy of Villains had their stage. Not even a real tent that you could enter but just a tent surrounded by clowns with invisible dogs in leashes. lol
There was a lot they could have done with killer klowns in Hollywood. they could have even had the puppet show and have the Firemen clowns.

I just hope Killer klowns is not a tiny zone. I hope it is big enough.

I hope the zone has their little car too lol

If what I have heard is true, this KKfOS zone is just a testing ground for next year...

At least it’s a testing ground for Hollywood’s event next year, but then again so was T’rT last year and we all saw how that turned out...

Assuming that is true, I really do not expect a lot from a KKfOS zone as far as scenes, but next year? Well, I will expect more then if it comes to fruition

If what I have heard is true, this KKfOS zone is just a testing ground for next year...

At least it’s a testing ground for Hollywood’s event next year, but then again so was T’rT last year and we all saw how that turned out...

Assuming that is true, I really do not expect a lot from a KKfOS zone as far as scenes, but next year? Well, I will expect more then if it comes to fruition

I wonder if this might be a trend of cult IP’s being zones then houses.

I guess if we get an amazing house for next year i can wait and see what they have planned. makes me kinda sad if the zone is minimalistic but I guess if they get the costumes right and if they look the same as in the movie then everything will be all right.

I Guess i will pray that people give positive comments about the zone in the surveys :lol: it would be a shame if it gets trashed or something :'(

I guess if we get an amazing house for next year i can wait and see what they have planned. makes me kinda sad if the zone is minimalistic but I guess if they get the costumes right and if they look the same as in the movie then everything will be all right.

I Guess i will pray that people give positive comments about the zone in the surveys :lol: it would be a shame if it gets trashed or something :'(

Look at it this way, T’rT was in the exact same camp and it ended up being many people’s favorite zone last year. Heck, they even gave it some great sets and I would hardly would have called it a minimalistic zone. The main issue I took with T’rT was that it had a far too crowded location to be effective for scares. If they end up expanding the KKfOS zone in the ways I expect, then they seem to be rectifying my main issue with last year’s cult classic zone

I really want Chucky to be featured at the event in some shape or form. He is my favorite horror slasher. When I think of Universal horror, my mind always goes to Chucky. It is getting me a little worried that our clues are Tents and Fairs for the zones. How could that tie in to Chucky...... Unless it is a TOY FAIR????

Worried? Why? It would be totally in continuity to have Chucky at a fair.

That being said, without any inside information I am expecting a setup similar to “Chucky’s Insult Emporium” with an actual scare zone around

Worried? Why? It would be totally in continuity to have Chucky at a fair.

That being said, without any inside information I am expecting a setup similar to “Chucky’s Insult Emporium” with an actual scare zone around

Wow! That is totally true. Both of those ideas would be great. I'm leaning toward the Insult Emporium though because I feel that would make the zone way more enjoyable. Thanks!

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Look at it this way, T’rT was in the exact same camp and it ended up being many people’s favorite zone last year. Heck, they even gave it some great sets and I would hardly would have called it a minimalistic zone. The main issue I took with T’rT was that it had a far too crowded location to be effective for scares. If they end up expanding the KKfOS zone in the ways I expect, then they seem to be rectifying my main issue with last year’s cult classic zone

yeah thats true, but TrT was in such a wonderful location. the trees and the pumpkin lights added so much to the atmosphere of that zone.
if TrT zone was in front of Disaster or anywhere else it would have not worked as well. I guess since Klowns is going to be in a weird place (as far as rumors go) it makes me wonder and hope for the best.
honestly if you added those doors in a TrT area in San Francisco it would have not been as great as it was. I guess the new location is whats making me have doubts

yeah thats true, but TrT was in such a wonderful location. the trees and the pumpkin lights added so much to the atmosphere of that zone.
if TrT zone was in front of Disaster or anywhere else it would have not worked as well. I guess since Klowns is going to be in a weird place (as far as rumors go) it makes me wonder and hope for the best.
honestly if you added those doors in a TrT area in San Francisco it would have not been as great as it was. I guess the new location is whats making me have doubts

Why is the location an issue? If they extend it towards the lagoon running up to F&F then it has a wonderful city scape as a backdrop. That works perfectly with the following scenes:

I am curious to see where they decide to build the tent

Sorry to keep this going, but I have a few more points:

1. While I do think there will be a show scene or two, I really am not expecting many show scenes. This expectation comes from what I saw in T’rT last year where there was really only one show scene (candy bar) and some decorations and characters from the movie around the zone.

2. I think the aesthetic of my proposed area for KKfOS more closely matches the brickwork heavy and residential look of the movie

3. If there really are plans for a house, I expect show scenes to be in there, not in the zone

4. For me (and this is a personal opinion) the T’rT zone last year strived for the ambiance, but once it got crowded or the show was going, I felt it lost much of its atmosphere. This area has always been good at creating ambiance just from the surroundings (they seriously don’t even need a zone here and it would be just as effective), so T’rT was hardly special to me in that regard. Also, the crowd patterns and noise bleed has been a constant issue in this area since they started running shows and compacting the zone to just that walkway.

With the larger space and the sort of expectations one should have after seeing how T’rT was adapted, I think KKfOS will be a winner

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
A few things:

1) Are we thinking we are getting a large set piece in the area where AoV has been the past few years? If so, which IP would benefit from having a large set piece there?

2) KKfOS is a movie I have never seen, however talk of foam and that short clip of the shadow puppets posted above would fit the sting alley area the best. Foam would be out of the way from the GP that doesn't want to take part in the foam and the shadow puppets on the brick work in that area would look just like the film.

3) They could do a really unique cast change if they didn't put a set piece near Mel's for KKfOS. A single parade float with the whole cast could leave Vine street and basically do the parade route backwards going in front of Transformers and down South Street to go backstage next to FF where it would turn around and wait for the next cast change. This would mean it never went through any other SZ and wouldn't cause much of a traffic jam if it happened once every 45 minutes or so.

4) While I think the Chucky fair idea is great, I hope they don't put up a bunch of carnival games for guests to play in the middle of the zone. Would kinda kill the mood for me as it would be more of a cash grab than a SZ in my eyes.

5) I can't see Universal ever doing Chucky's Insult Emporium again. While most people would love it, you would have those few people that would be up in arms if he talked about them. Clips from Hollywood show he was quite inappropriate. If guest complained about the voodoo show which got it shut down in like 2 days, I can't see Chucky making it past opening night. It just the PC world we live in now sadly.

A few things:

1) Are we thinking we are getting a large set piece in the area where AoV has been the past few years? If so, which IP would benefit from having a large set piece there?

2) KKfOS is a movie I have never seen, however talk of foam and that short clip of the shadow puppets posted above would fit the sting alley area the best. Foam would be out of the way from the GP that doesn't want to take part in the foam and the shadow puppets on the brick work in that area would look just like the film.
I helped out with the current spec map.