Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Two questions:

1) has killer clowns been confirmed? Everyone is talking as if it's been announced but I can't find an announcement.

2) why are people so psyched for it? I have never heard of it before this discussion, and the audience reviews are, um, disappointing to say the least. Seems we have a whole house of "cheesy, crappy, funny horror movies." Wouldn't killer clowns be just more of the same?

it isnt just because of nostalgia.... it isn't just because of the movie quality, the movie is kinda silly. it is not a regular horror movie,
it is more of a comedy than anything else

The reason I am SO excited and the reason some other people are excited is because of how visually awesome the movie is,
the visuals of the movie and the subject of the movie are what makes it perfect for a theme park event. The costumes of the clowns, the stuff they can do with their guns, their spaceship, their superpowers, their way of killing people, All of that visually could translate perfectly into a halloween event. be it a zone or a house.

Killer Klowns is a lot similar to Trick r Treat. a lot of people dont find the movie that great or the plot that engaging or new, but the visuals of the movie and the characters of the movie were what made the zone last year so amazing. specially seeing little Sam in the zone, that was very very cool, probably the highlight of the zone for a lot of people.

I love Killer Klowns as a movie because they did things i have never seen before, they went over the top with their jokes and they have outrageous scenes in the movie. seeing klowns shoot killer pop corn at people is one of the reasons i love the movie. seeing the klowns inside their spaceship is why i love the movie. Just their costumes alone is why i love the movie, these clowns are some of the best clown costumes I've ever seen in a movie, they are very iconic in how crazy they look.

like i said earlier, if the zone nails the way the clowns look i would be extremely happy. I just hope one of the clowns drives a tiny motorcycle lol

I hope it’ll be Carnival or something like that. Chucky & minions taking over something in Hollywood would be an awesome zone

be careful what you wish for lol

77f2f0b60f430f65b6d1923610991608.jpg

the visuals of the movie and the subject of the movie are what makes it perfect for a theme park event. The costumes of the clowns, the stuff they can do with their guns, their spaceship, their superpowers, their way of killing people, All of that visually could translate perfectly into a halloween event. be it a zone or a house.

ok I really can't wait now. This zone is going to be so much fun.

Reactions: horrornights789
ok I really can't wait now. This zone is going to be so much fun.

it depends what they take from the movie but there are a lot of easy gags that can be done in the scarezone, and for cheap
The Balloon dogs are easy, it is just a string being help up with a dog balloon.
the pop corn gun is easy.
the Cotton candy corpse cocoons is easy, just foam cocoons with faces on them
their little clown car is easy,
their T Rex Shadow puppet is easy,
the balloons with people inside is easy to do, just have a couple of big balloons with silhouettes of people inside
even the pop corn monsters could be done with just a single prop on top of a table
Im not saying they are going to do all of this, but it would be cool if they do some of it.
I just wanna see a clown walking a Balloon dog damn it :lol:

As long as there are no costumed...what's the PC term, "little people" running around with mini knives, this zone has hope.

but dude. We had a chucky house in the past already and we had chucky in a scarezone more than once.... as late as 2015....
it isn't new to our HHN..... come on now lol

Last edited:
but dude. We had a chucky house in the past already and we had chucky in a scarezone more than once.... as late as 2015....
it isn't new to our HHN..... come on now lol

I’m well aware, but from the zone footage I’ve seen online (and the bit of him I saw in the 25 zone) he didn’t seem to work too well zone-wise.

Now house-wise, popping out from tiny boo-holes in a toy store or a related location, that has me interested.

I’m well aware, but from the zone footage I’ve seen online (and the bit of him I saw in the 25 zone) he didn’t seem to work too well zone-wise.

Now house-wise, popping out from tiny boo-holes in a toy store or a related location, that has me interested.

it works well enough in the zones, if anything they can say we are being shrunk to his size lol . the house ones looked the same.

it works well enough in the zones, if anything they can say we are being shrunk to his size lol . the house ones looked the same.
It’s not about how he would “look” in a house (if you’re referring to costume-wise), it’s about how in a house you are afraid of how many places Chucky can be hiding in this enclosed space with many nooks and crannies, a factory or a fair or any number of locations, due to his smaller size.

In a zone he’s just a small person in the street with a knife, his main target on you would be your shins. :afraid:

It’s not about how he would “look” in a house (if you’re referring to costume-wise), it’s about how in a house you are afraid of how many places Chucky can be hiding in this enclosed space with many nooks and crannies, a factory or a fair or any number of locations, due to his smaller size.

In a zone he’s just a small person in the street with a knife, his main target on you would be your shins. :afraid:
Unless he's the distraction, and it's everything else you have to worry about.

I mean, if it's a carnival type fair I could easily see carnival game prizes come to life, with him as the barker for the zone (thus the casting call for voice actors with possible puppeteering experience).

Personally I'm hoping for the Hollywood Toy Convention (or Fair) to have been taken over, and he's brought to life all of the various toys from the booths, still acting like the barker. Gives a lot more potential for variety, as well as little vignette carts from the various booths.

Unless he's the distraction, and it's everything else you have to worry about.
I think Chucky will be on a stage just like Chance with look a like minions and some toys as scare actors, if this zone is indeed coming.
This is what I want from a Chucky zone.

From the footage I’ve seen in Hollywood he’s the thing you’re supposed to be intimidated by in the streets, and that just doesn’t work for me.

Finally got a chance to watch KKFOS and I loved it. Cheesy, goofy, campy 80’s perfection. I’d love to see the parade section featured in the potential SZ-but is it all that realistic to expect to see it?? Is it general consensus that float will be built?

I’m on board for Chucky but Chucky’s Insult Emporium...
kK07c92.gif

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
And let's not forget what happened in Hollywood with their Auctioneer in the Purge zone.

Can't imagine Universal putting in any thing that "insults" people deliberately. Just asking for trouble unless they place huge warning signs at the entrances/exits telling you that by entering this zone you consent to being insulted and made fun of, so no suing us or complaining to newspapers/tv stations.

Other than PG vs. R-rated content, what is different conceptually with this compared to the insulting fountain in IOA?

okay but now you are talking about the nature of scarezones vs houses,
because when they had Frankenstein and the wolfman in a zone they werent that scary, but their houses were pretty scary.
that can happened to any character... was Sam in trick r treat scary? no, not at all, but he might be pretty scary in the zone. so what you are saying can apply to every single character in a zone at HHN. because zones by their nature are not that scary... I mean, you are surrounded by people and loud talking and food stands and people taking pictures. what you are saying literally applies to Sam in trick r treat.

and ill tell you a secret, the Chucky house was not that scary either. it was a cool house and had a lot of cool stuff in it and chucky was great, but i wouldn't call it one of the scariest houses of that year. it really wasnt.

okay but now you are talking about the nature of scarezones vs houses,
because when they had Frankenstein and the wolfman in a zone they werent that scary, but their houses were pretty scary.
that can happened to any character... was Sam in trick r treat scary? no, not at all, but he might be pretty scary in the zone. so what you are saying can apply to every single character in a zone at HHN. because zones by their nature are not that scary... I mean, you are surrounded by people and loud talking and food stands and people taking pictures. what you are saying literally applies to Sam in trick r treat.

and ill tell you a secret, the Chucky house was not that scary either. it was a cool house and had a lot of cool stuff in it and chucky was great, but i wouldn't call it one of the scariest houses of that year. it really wasnt.
I agree, characters are generally scarier in houses, but I also believe that zones can be quite frightening. I genuinely got quite a few scares in last year’s clownsaw zone, and in 26’s Lair of the Banshee(s?). Especially at other parks like BGT, zones can be very intense if they are either intimidating or filled with hiding places for SAs.

Chucky in a zone isn’t frightening to me. He’s too small to be intimidating, and Hollywood(zone) doesn’t have many hiding spots. I feel the Chucky and KKfOS locations really should be switched. Chucky could do with the more confined nature of Sting Alley, and KKfOS deserves the big streets for the parade invasion.

I also never claimed that a Chucky house would be “the scariest house” of any given year, just that his character has more scare potential in a house setting.

Other than PG vs. R-rated content, what is different conceptually with this compared to the insulting fountain in IOA?
Uhh, PG vs. R-rated content is a huge difference in today’s culture.