Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Margaritaville Resort & Island H20 Live Water Park

I hope this fails. NOT what this area needs.
I’m curios why you think that?

It’s seems like an all around good thing to me. As a local to this area it will bring some extra shopping and dining options that I’m looking forward too. I’ve been wanting to check out a Fords garage and if I like it I’ll have one nearby. The vacation rentals market in that area has been growing quite a bit and this will be another option and help with overall growth. I do a lot of work in that area photographing vacation properties so this will possibly help add even more work for me. I suspect others in the area will benefit in other similar ways. Only real downside I see is more traffic, but what are you gonna do.

@s8film40 is right--traffic will be even more of a nightmare, but vacation rentals are the future of Osceola County (well, the present too). This is moderately upscale, will do a lot to boost the image of 192, which at the moment is still primarily known as the location of de facto homeless shelters.

This is exactly what Osceola County needs, more growth and tax revenues! They need all the help they can get since the other side of 192 is in decline and Disney seems to be building out that side of the property now as well (AK, Flamingo Crossing)

Why? This isn't helping the community grow like it needs too. Another timeshare rental property vs trying to diversify the economics. I just hope they aren't successful at all. Osceola county needs a wakeup call. But that's a different debate lol.

No rational company is going to relocate to that particular stretch of 192. I agree in theory with what you are saying--maybe in, say, Harmony or up along OBT--but the tourist sector isn't going anywhere, and this is a huge plus for it. If anything, cleaning up 192 is probably the first order of business in luring a major job provider to Osceola--upper management isn't going to want to live in a $200k house where there kids go to school with kids who live in a motel room.

Why? This isn't helping the community grow like it needs too. Another timeshare rental property vs trying to diversify the economics. I just hope they aren't successful at all. Osceola county needs a wakeup call. But that's a different debate lol.
I'm all for diversifying the economy in the area, but I think the reality is it's either this or cattle farming.

No rational company is going to relocate to that particular stretch of 192. I agree in theory with what you are saying--maybe in, say, Harmony or up along OBT--but the tourist sector isn't going anywhere, and this is a huge plus for it. If anything, cleaning up 192 is probably the first order of business in luring a major job provider to Osceola--upper management isn't going to want to live in a $200k house where there kids go to school with kids who live in a motel room.
Well. I am definitely all in for a clean up of 192. If this Kick starts that , that's something.

I live on the edge of St Cloud near the turnpike, and there is a definite growth plan for the area. I mean even Kissimmee has grown twice over in the last 12 to 15 years.
Splendid China area really has nothing to do with that side of Kissimmee (other than bringing in tax dollars for Osceola). Let them add the tourist stuff there and the county can then repurpose the tax money to projects on the South East side of the county...in areas like Harmony or the boggy creek expansion project....eventually we will have a huge influx of jobs near Lake Nona, and that will spill over into the same areas that need improvement.

If you people want home cookin', you must eat at Mrs. Mary Bobo's in lynchburg. It must be part of your day at Jack's Place.

Anyways, no LuLu's ?

Margaritaville Orlando Resort's waterpark is moving full speed ahead. 100s of new slide pieces are in the holding lot with plunge pools and slide tower foundations going in. This will be the next wet n wild with better theming.