Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kennywood Park

Just back from Kennywood. Toooooo HOT today. 100 plus degrees in the sun all day, 94 in the shade....Anyway, Nick Paradise, Kennywood spokesman, said they will reveal the ride towards the end of this month. He was also coy, when asked, about whether the new rebar jutting out of the Lagoon is linked to the attraction. He didn't deny it....Interesting, if it ends going over that far into the park.

Happy I stayed inside all day and played video games (needed a break after being busy for six weeks straight).

Happy I stayed inside all day and played video games (needed a break after being busy for six weeks straight).
Are you still working the job out of Pittsburgh? ...It was so hot they had ice water stations set up everywhere in the park. Never saw that before. Good thing we left. A thunderstorm rolled in and hit them a bit ago. We're lucky here, the whole system missed us. Pittsburgh, with it's river valleys, ends up with really diverse weather.

Guessing a Bermuda Blitz or Mack Launch as most likely, with T-Rex as the dark horse choice.

Can't wait to see what Kennywood has in-store for today, as this should be exciting.

Amazing. The entire area of the park themed to the Steelers. I don't think anyone expected that. This is very impressive and will definitely drive attendance. Pittsburgh is very tribal when it comes to anything Steelers....This is pure marketing genius for a park that is largely regional, Steelers territory.

This is getting fantastic positive feedback here in Pittsburgh. The "yinzers" are excited with the 3 acre themed Steeler area plus the adjacent Steeler themed coaster, the supreme invert of inverts. This is really something you would expect from Universal or Disney. A themed football land, like wow. People live & die with the Steelers here, they're that popular and that much of the social/cultural fabric.

This is getting fantastic positive feedback here in Pittsburgh. The "yinzers" are excited with the 3 acre themed Steeler area plus the adjacent Steeler themed coaster, the supreme invert of inverts. This is really something you would expect from Universal or Disney. A themed football land, like wow. People live & die with the Steelers here, they're that popular and that much of the social/cultural fabric.
I'd imagine some special Kennywood Terrible Towels will be for sale. Haha.

Here is the Steelers press release.

‘Steelers Country’ coming to Kennywood

Looks like I may have to make a Pennsylvania trip next year. This looks REALLY good. It’s pretty clear S&S was heavily inspired by RMC. That has got to be the most unusual first drop I’ve ever seen.

I recall back when people suggested Uni should have a football IP to their parks. Funny to see a park actually do that.