Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Carowinds

A GCI would be nice but from the park’s perspective, the type of coaster Carowinds needs is the kind that will attract visitors. A wooden coaster could do that. At the same time however, a multi-launch coaster is capable of doing that, and it would be something the park truly doesn’t already have. I think the park is satisfied with having only one major wooden coaster.

Really happy with this, it's probably the best addition they could have made to the park. I don't think it'll beat Fury but it looks like it could easily be the second or third best attraction in the park. :exclap:

image.jpg

Looks like Mack is now confirmed.

^It would be nice if you sourced the pic as a courtesy (I know where it came from).

So I came to terms (weeks ago) with it not being a GCI, especially once those showed up at the park approx May 18th. However it's great to get a Mack at Carowinds! I'll be there 2 weeks from today to get some pics of the construction myself.

So, someone hyper-analyzed the blueprints and came up with this layout:

Man, this looks incredible. I kinda wish that this wasn't being built, though. Just jealous because Florida won't be the first in the US to get a Mack mega-coaster :fist:

So, someone hyper-analyzed the blueprints and came up with this layout:

Man, this looks incredible. I kinda wish that this wasn't being built, though. Just jealous because Florida won't be the first in the US to get a Mack mega-coaster :fist:

And technically, Carowinds isn't THE FIRST in the Northern America's to get a Mack Launch Coaster.

That goes, to Manta's honor from San Diego.

Well, that is more of a family-coaster. I don't count it.

I'm referring to the likes of Icon, Blue Fire, and Helix.

From those I've talked too, Manta at San Diego does pack albeit a punch, even if it's not as large in height as Icon/Helix/BF, it's just as large. Hell, I'd argue it's the better of the Mantas.
Don't discount Manta. It may look "eh", but it REALLY packs a punch for a family coaster. There's a surprising descent amount of airtime. If the Potter coaster is anything like SWSD's Manta, it's going to be an excellent ride. I would even go as far as to put Manta in my top 5 coasters in SoCal (Even though it's at the bottom haha). Super under-rated ride.

But anyway, this looks really good. Guess I'll have to make my way out to Carowinds next year.

Keep in mind, Carowinds got the worlds longest, fastest, and tallest giga, along with a new entrance in 2015. And this is going to be bigger than that? Also, that's a copperhead snake on the right.

I'd say the first Launched Hyper in Cedar Fair history would be more than enough reason.

Well, it's been confirmed to be a Mack by Screamscape, who also leaked the blueprints (those have also been verified by leaked photos of the blueprints on site). And, even if this is a launched hyper, it's not the first in the chain. There's one at Knotts.

Well, it's been confirmed to be a Mack by Screamscape, who also leaked the blueprints (those have also been verified by leaked photos of the blueprints on site). And, even if this is a launched hyper, it's not the first in the chain. There's one at Knotts.

There's been a family Spinning Coaster at Knotts, but in no way have Cedar Fair done a coaster of this scale with Mack.

And allow me to make a clarification.

It'd be the first Multi-Launch Thrill-Hyper from Mack to be seen in Cedar Fair history. That alone, is big for a lot of reasons.

There's been a family Spinning Coaster at Knotts, but in no way have Cedar Fair done a coaster of this scale with Mack.

And allow me to make a clarification.

It'd be the first Multi-Launch Thrill-Hyper from Mack to be seen in Cedar Fair history. That alone, is big for a lot of reasons.

Some guy commented on the Twitter post, saying that this expansion will cost 50 million. Fury and the entrance costed 30 million, to give some perspective.

Either this is going to have an insane amount of theming, or there's something else coming as well.

Some guy commented on the Twitter post, saying that this expansion will cost 50 million. Fury and the entrance costed 30 million, to give some perspective.

Either this is going to have an insane amount of theming, or there's something else coming as well.

Keep in mind, that commentor doesn't exactly have enough posts to be justifiable though.

Looks, can be deceiving :bow:.