Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2018 Holidays at Universal Orlando

Hey, after The Grinch movie thread gained so much traction... it looks like we are getting Jim Carrey Grinch and regular Grinchmas for another year. So rest easy folks.

I wonder if new lagoon show gives the opportunity to do Christmas nighttime shows.
Interesting. In their large Christmas survey (that I saw on another web site ;)) from a couple of years ago, from which they adopted many of the 2017 enhancements, they did have lots of questions about interest in a nighttime lagoon Christmas show. So I would think that may be a possible add on in the future for 2018 or 2019 Xmas.

Interesting. In their large Christmas survey (that I saw on another web site ;)) from a couple of years ago, from which they adopted many of the 2017 enhancements, they did have lots of questions about interest in a nighttime lagoon Christmas show. So I would think that may be a possible add on in the future for 2018 or 2019 Xmas.

I wouldn't be surprised if new holiday additions are a 2 or 3 year phased roll out to get it where they want it to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if new holiday additions are a 2 or 3 year phased roll out to get it where they want it to be.
I think you're probably correct....Also, those Rudolph rights are done at Sea World, so that's something Universal might do in future years since they now own the rights due to their Dreamworld acquisition and the end of the Sea World rights contract. .

I think you're probably correct....Also, those Rudolph rights are done at Sea World, so that's something Universal might do in future years since they now own the rights due to their Dreamworld acquisition and the end of the Sea World rights contract. .

New Grinch could possibly be this year's phase, while USF gets something Rudolph.

New Grinch could possibly be this year's phase, while USF gets something Rudolph.
Seems unlikely for new grinch this year. They posted about Grinchmas on the UOAP group this week and wouldn’t expect them to change with saying that’s coming back.

As Skubersky noted, SeaWorld apparently still has Rudolph; which may make things..complicated for this year.

What I am going to guess, is CineSpec getting a custom Grinch moment and maybe the Ranken/Bass Saint Nick is coming to Town.

I would assume they would add a float this year. Could be wrong, but would be a good decision.

Seems unlikely for new grinch this year. They posted about Grinchmas on the UOAP group this week and wouldn’t expect them to change with saying that’s coming back.
I was told they trashed the props and sets for Grinchmas last year (when they normally store and reuse) because they were developing a new Grinchmas based on the new film.

I was told they trashed the props and sets for Grinchmas last year (when they normally store and reuse) because they were developing a new Grinchmas based on the new film.

Out of curiosity, would that mean then that the show change would be announced at a closer date to the Holiday's start, or no?

Well then. Their social media team needs to not use old footage for saying it’s coming. It won’t bother me, but might others.

Out of curiosity, would that mean then that the show change would be announced at a closer date to the Holiday's start, or no?
I imagine it would.
Well then. Their social media team needs to not use old footage for saying it’s coming. It won’t bother me, but might others.
What else do you expect them to promote it with? A new show hasn't been created and the movie isn't out.

I imagine it would.

What else do you expect them to promote it with? A new show hasn't been created and the movie isn't out.
More so say all new Grinchmas coming. Not saying it’s returing and using the old footage giving people the idea it’s the same.

From Screamscape

"SeaWorld Entertainment has announced that they have signed a 5-year contract extension to their deal to use the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Friends characters. This will keep the characters in use through to January 31, 2024 at the SeaWorld parks in San Diego, Orlando and San Antonio, at the Christmas Town events at Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg and at A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place."

Guess we won't see Rudolph at Universal any time soon.