Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, something else to point out, judging by videos that I've seen online in the past week, Rex 2 is a hit or miss. When it wasn't operating, there was a similar black curtain covering it with the waterfall and the audio off....

Hmm, I get the distinct feeling that UC's Hollywood division wants this closed sooner, but can't due to operations, so they are taking a direct approach, allowing both the attraction to operate as they test some of the more...larger aspects, of this attraction.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Pk3062
While I completely understand it, if that's the purpose of this - it's kind of a shame for those experiencing the attraction for potentially the first/last time if hardly any of the effects are working (or even in place). I saw a recent ride-through and at least 6 AAs were out completely.

Reactions: Ryno27 and belloq87

- Parasaurolophus isn't even in the water

- The spitters aren't there

- Black curtain is there and the piping is removed

- Rex 2 isn't working

The good news is they turned on the two soak canons on the left of the splashdown today because of the heat!

Touch subject.. Is it better experience a chopped down version than not experience it at all??

My take at least from that video is there was now A LOT of down time during the ride where there is nothing happening.

Especially with the speed of the raft....snoozeeeeeee

I'm just hoping that the 2nd T-rex is working before august, because I have some friends coming from out of state that have never been to universal and I would hate for them to see all the nonworking dinos

The movie would be made up overseas, but Americans are generally serious how good movies really are. Looks like the Incredibles II would be enjoying its reign over FK at the domestic BO at the end.
Yeah it depends. Star Wars movies are notoriously bad performers overseas... and China is slowing down in the box office so we will see what happens

Seems on the similar level to Jurassic World, but that the praise is going for what Bayona has done for the film.

That said, wait for audience reactions over the next few weeks, as it hits international release this weekend.
Now it's officially rotten... 59% of good reviews... we will need to see the response from audiences.

Hard to predict this far out. The first Jurassic World being that huge of a hit was a surprise (that had to do with timing, audience demand, and Chris Pratt’s drawing power). So we will see.

Even if it’s #2 for the opening weekend, the ride needed a shot in the arm, and the Jurassic franchise, as a whole, is still popular.

Universal doesn’t have a comic book franchise to really call its own. The top three movies of this year are all Marvel IPs (then A Quiet Place, and Solo as of this writing). So even if it does as well as the first JW film, it should be a hit.
We will see, once in a while you get a shocker like Solo, in which everyone said it was a sure bet and then... it crashed and burned in spectacular fashion. One thing is for sure, the movie will make less at the box office than JW since the tracking is showing that and it will be really hard to top the JW phenomenon which took everyone by surprise. We'll see how well it does. Being in the realm of mythical situations, do you think that if it fails as bad as Solo will it do anything to the JW overlay? Look what happened with the Monsters Universe. All bets were off and there was no stoping that train until The Mummy happened. All the plans Universal had with that shared universe were scrapped (movies, merchandising and all, even theme park rumors)

Jurassic World had a similar thing to The Force Awakens going for it though. Classic franchise and people wanted to be in that world again. They weren't going to let critics keep them away.

Currently JW2 is sitting at 59% on RT, albeit it should be noted there are probably a few hundred more reviews to come in, but if this type of split of positive/negative continues, it's not going to look good for the film.

It absolutely will not do near as good (at least domestically) as JW did. I think a good comparison is The Avengers (2012) which had a huge $623M and then Age of Ultron (2015) dropped to $459M. Overseas grosses will still presumably be large enough to turn a big profit though, much like Age of Ultron.

It takes a debut north of $200M to hit $600M or higher in almost every case (unless you're James Cameron, basically). JW:FK is not on track for that.
Totally agree. Reviews matter until they matter. Some movies are successful even when they are awful. In many cases box office and reviews align, like in the case for Solo. JW 2 being in 59% might be a case of split audiences and will hurt its legs, but we will see. I agree with all you said and I would add that it's impossible for JW 2 to do as good as JW

Can anyone confirm this information? Are they really working already?

Last edited by a moderator:
the first JW had a big chunk of anticipation on it's side. I don't see the sequel doing quite as well due to no real demand.

But who knows.

I'm sure if you enjoyed the first JW, then you'll probably like this one. The movie was a brain fart, but people still seemed to go see it.

Operating an attraction with a large black curtain is pretty weak..........

I have been told that the expected 9 month turn around for JW is extremely tight. I have no doubt they will move forward with anything they possibly can. Hense why many dinos are currently out.

Reactions: Pk3062
I have been told that the expected 9 month turn around for JW is extremely tight. I have no doubt they will move forward with anything they possibly can. Hense why many dinos are currently out.
Any word on any new things/ enhancements inside the show building?

I believe the press release mentioned a new color scheme (probably blue and grey) for the whole aesthetic of the attraction. I'm assuming that'll extend over to the show building.

Ok, happened to come across this video earlier today...

It looks like the T-Rex was completely removed for a bit back in March.. Looks like they may have been/ still are repairing the T-Rex extensively for the JW conversion. Good to see....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
Man, it's gonna really suck when you know HHN is coming within a month and a half, and this ride is already being removed by then, so you won't have something to go on when the HHN lines are really long.

Status
Not open for further replies.