Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did? To what parts? I just searched for a recent video and they all seemed to be the same ride.
I know those things that used to jump overhead (never can remember names) are projections now instead of (busted) animatronics. The pyradactyl still doesnt move though

They did? To what parts? I just searched for a recent video and they all seemed to be the same ride.
additions plus replacements for the dino's that didn't work anymore....It's a pretty dark ride so ride videos could have problems picking the screens up.

Guys, let's remember: screens are here to stay in the theme park biz. They're a cost-effective and more practical way to enhance the story and the "realness" of the environment. UC realizes they can't just lazily have the screens be the entirety of the experience. They will most likely be used as story/FX enhancers from this point on.

^ This. Screens need to be used sparingly, like they are on rides such as Forbidden Journey.

Don't get me wrong - I think screens and similar tech can be used to great effect.

I'm just not a fan of how Forbidden Journey and Kong use them. I think if they're used with multiple layers of depth, and perhaps 'hologram' tech, it could be really cool. Especially as smart set extension, collaborating with the practical AA's.

Watching the big Rex and Indominus AA's going in for one another should be fun.

Going to be honest, the Carousel Domes for FJ, are innovative and minimal. They help transition the cars from one physical set-piece to another, and I honestly love how they use that, especially with how it incloses you from the outer confines of the environment (with aid of seating).

Jurassic World..is going to be a fun attraction to watch. For a myriad of reasons, some I somewhat expressed previously and some I can't disclose of now. But either way, this should be fun to see. :toast:

With seeing how the ride is shaping up, does anyone else think that Rex 1, the head, will be reskinned as an I-Rex? There has to be an encounter with the I-Rex before the final showdown and I think that it's highly plausible that they will do this...

Last edited:
With seeing how the ride is shaping up, does anyone else think that Rex 1, the head, will be reskinned as an I-Rex? There has to be an encounter with the I-Rex before the final showdown and I think that it's highly plausible that they will do this...

My guess is the is the T-Rex head will be replaced with I-Rex. Then for the drop we only see iRex, and just before it appears to attack the riders, the T-Rex pops out of the water fall. That's just my guess.

I am assuming projection mapping will be involved. If it works like the KFP show, it should be good.
From what I was told, what you see done for Kung Fu Panda, as far as the projection mapping goes, is only a SMALL taste of what they've got planned for this JW revamp..

They're a cost-effective and more practical way to enhance the story and the "realness" of the environment. UC realizes they can't just lazily have the screens be the entirety of the experience.
Realness? I don't consider a flat surface to be very "real" looking. And screens are even more unreliable than practical effects... If a practical effect goes down, it has a back-up effect (look at Mummy Orlando). When a screen goes down, well... there goes your entire ride. You honestly think Universal realizes they can't be lazy & rely on screens? Have we not paid attention to the recent rides/attractions to open at the park over the years? If you want GOOD screen integration, look no further than Disney Shanghai's POTC. "IF" JWRA can end up with that level of quality & immersiveness, it won't be an issue.

Lets not make excuses for the use of screens. Sure it can enhance a ride when executed properly, but there is way too much reliance on them to the point of laziness. Everyone gets all riled up over excessive cgi in movies instead of practical effects, theme park rides should be no different. Go back to the basics, then use cgi to enhance, or in this case- screens.

I think the head trex should be replaced with an elevated screen scene of the trex and irex fighting, kind of like in Shanghai pirates when Jack and Davy Jones have the sword fight. Then they could use practical effects of the floor above you bending and pipes breaking and splashing down on us in the vehicle, i-beams snapping etc... my hopes at least, That head animatronic has to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.