Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Oh it shows it expanding its footprint? I guess I didn't notice it was larger in the rendering. I meam? T2 is marked as well but it's building is being reused to an extent, so I thought the same might happen for SES.

Is there enough space for the building to be expanded? It's on an awkward corner of the hill, so it's very tight. I could seem them expanding the building's footprint into the side and front queue areas, but that doesn't seem like much space.

Still, a decent sized family dark ride could probably fit in there as long as the queue isn't long.

My hopes for SES are:

1. Ideally a family dark ride THAT ISN'T A SIMULATOR.

2. Theme park version of Wicked The Musical or another elaborate stage show.

3. An improved version of Special Effects Stage with more audience interactivity and not such a high reliance on the screens.

4. Our own USH version of USS's Lights Camera Action show.
I'm rooting for number 1 or number 4!  :)

Oh Yes!! i would really love to have a version of lights camera Action! in USH! That'll be so Awesome! and a Wicked Musical would really be cool for our park.

Just had to remind everyone that....

9 years ago today (July 1st, 2009), "Creature From The Black Lagoon: The Musical" - A Raging Rockin' Show debuted in the castle theatre!

SVMyWON.jpg

The Creature's arrival to USH... lol

Full show

In all seriousness, the costume for the Creature was NOT terrible and it really is a shame they don't make the Gillman a photo-op character in the park (same for Wolfman & Bride of Frankie)

Trying to follow in the successful footsteps of Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular, this was a failure. The integration of NBC's Today Show was a very far stretch. The Castle Theater needs to be completely removed due to a lot of issues, which I will not go into here. But the Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Musical was destined for failure.

The Castle Theater needs to be completely removed due to a lot of issues, which I will not go into here.
The only "issues" this theatre has was the removal of "Beetlejuice" and "Bill & Ted"...

I still love the giant cheesy Creature puppet... even though this show was beyond terrible. Anytime I watch it, i keep thinking "Oh its not THAT bad..... wait, nevermind" haha

LOL, just another added event in a history of poorly conceived events at USH...

LOL, I still cannot believe this show made it past the Universal Creative desk! However, in all fairness, the amount of money given to this show was visible. the set dressing was fine. The script and conception was all wrong!!!

Now we have Supercharged...

Kind of a toss up on what's worst, the Creature From Black Lagoon Show or the guy that did the video. The guy who did the video is definitely more obnoxious than the show itself.
If it helps, he isn’t always like this. It’s just his angry persona. He’s more friendly.