Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

From the HHN Website:

Michael Myers, the Shape, the Boogeyman. He is an unrelenting force of destruction. No one is safe in Haddonfield when he is stalking in the shadows. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers expanded on the brute strength of Michael Myers as he escaped from a prison transfer and hunted down his niece in Haddonfield.

You’ll be dropped right in the middle of Michael Myers’ path, where he is on his way to eradicating his niece. He takes out everyone in his way…and you’ll be right in the middle of the action. Try your best to escape the bloodbath – not even Loomis, Myers’ psychiatrist, can save you.

Experience this nightmare come to life on select nights from Sept. 14 to Nov. 3. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers joins the event line-up, featuring more haunted houses than ever, five scare zones and a powerhouse show. It’s the 30th anniversary of Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, so make sure to watch it before you come to the event.

Odd that there is no mention at all of the reboot. Seems like kind of a missed opportunity there for the studio.

Odd that there is no mention at all of the reboot. Seems like kind of a missed opportunity there for the studio.
It's not odd if they don't have the rights to mention the reboot.

EDIT - The reboot is also why they're advertising this so specifically as Halloween 4. If they just said "We're doing Halloween," the implication would be "We're doing the reboot." But they're not. Because the rights, they have to specify.

Then it's odd that the studio didn't give them the rights (and ask them) to mention the reboot in the announcement.
Why would Universal want to pay for the rights to mention a movie they're not using?

Why would Blumhouse want to advertise with a movie that THEIR movie is ignoring?

Sometimes, implied advertising (public consciousness) is more effective than direct advertising. That's what we're seeing here.

Really don’t think you need to mention the reboot for a Halloween house. People just care about Michael, not really the fact there is a new movie coming out.

Why would Universal want to pay for the rights to mention a movie they're not using?

Why would Blumhouse want to advertise with a movie that THEIR movie is ignoring?

Sometimes, implied advertising (public consciousness) is more effective than direct advertising. That's what we're seeing here.

Not saying UNI should pay for the rights, but it's an easy tag line to add to the end of the copy.

"...and be sure to catch an all new Halloween in theaters blah blah blah..."

Uni and Blumhouse have a good working relationship. They could have knocked some bucks off the licensing for BoH2 in exchange for a quick tag.

Not saying UNI should pay for the rights, but it's an easy tag line to add to the end of the copy.

Uni and Blumhouse have a good working relationship. They could have knocked some bucks off the licensing for BoH2 in exchange for a quick tag.

I mean, but back on Legacy’s point, Blumhouse is wiping Halloween 4 out of canon.

“Come and see the new Halloween film which will make the film this House is based on irrelevant!”

"A few bucks" would still be in the five-digit range. There's more important things to spend money on.

This house should be pretty fun and some settings overlap with the reboot. They both have gas station scenes, a crashed vehicle from the asylum, and asylum, a kids bedroom with Micheal, and likely hous exterior chase scenes. The reboot Laurie’s house would’ve been so creepy but I think Halloween 4 is a great substitute, IMO it’s the best sequel before the franchise cliff dived.

Still don’t know how they’re fitting this in Shrek though

Ok but after this year can HHN & Michael Myers just stay broken up for a while?? Like can it be at least a few more years before they get back together?

Let’s see if they can go 3/3 on the Michael Myers houses. It is a bit of a let down they didn’t continue the anthology with Halloween III: Season of the Witch, but understandable since Michael is missing and they already have plenty of hokey horror properties this year.

Anyone else find it odd they changed the name of the last house based on Halloween II to Hell Comes To Haddonfield, yet this is the actual movie title, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers?

Also, do we think the first scene will be the last scene of the previous house again; this time from 2016 when Michael was on fire?

I actually think that Halloween 4 is a decent sequel in an otherwise incredibly uneven series.

I mean, I think I'd personally argue that it's probably even the 2nd best sequel, after Halloween 2.

I'm so curious to know if they'll re-cast the mask to look like the sometimes hilarious version used in the movie. And if Jamie's character (the little girl) will show up, if at no other point than at the end of the house.

I'm really looking forward to this house though. I thought the first was a masterpiece and the second was quite good as well.

Let’s see if they can go 3/3 on the Michael Myers houses. It is a bit of a let down they didn’t continue the anthology with Halloween III: Season of the Witch, but understandable since Michael is missing and they already have plenty of hokey horror properties this year.

Anyone else find it odd they changed the name of the last house based on Halloween II to Hell Comes To Haddonfield, yet this is the actual movie title, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers?

Also, do we think the first scene will be the last scene of the previous house again; this time from 2016 when Michael was on fire?

Halloween 2 & 3 are both owned solely by Universal so they were able to change the name of the H2 house without problems. That fire scene was really cool so it’d be a fun way to start the house

You guys keep assuming that the rights holders for Halloween 2018 can be "bought."

Legacy's right. There's a reason they aren't mentioning the reboot. (And anything Murdy is saying on the Hollywood side is spin.)