Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

I looooooooved the last house and went into that with no expectations. I will be doing the same here.

Be ready to set that bar very low. As of now the house is a wide miss for me. Wrapping up exec reviews and it's not going to be a stand out. Unless you are an avid fan of the series I don't see this house doing much for anyone. Will have to see how it plays to the general public.

Be ready to set that bar very low. As of now the house is a wide miss for me. Wrapping up exec reviews and it's not going to be a stand out. Unless you are an avid fan of the series I don't see this house doing much for anyone. Will have to see how it plays to the general public.

Is it just a really generic house? It seemed like some scenes would translate really well(Gas Station, everything in the Sheriff’s House, Rooftop Scene, Power Plant). Hopefully the rifle kill on the Sheriff’s daughter is in the house since that was the best kill in the movie IMO

As of last night's review it is still not done. The cast isn't sure of the beats it felt like, lights were on, that sort of feeling. Sunday is the last review for houses ahead of the preview midweek.

So many times I have watched a movie and enjoyed it because it was so bad that it was good.

That is kinda how I feel about Halloween 4. There were quite a few things that I felt weren't done right, and in a weird way that it made it almost endearing to me. Endearing to the point that I almost made a second run through to see if it could be just as "good" a second time.

At one point during my walkthrough, I could clearly see 3 different Michael's at the exact same time.

On the plus side, this proved that Michael can't be everywhere. There are just a whole bunch of him in Haddonfield.

Was a decent house, but its blandness in both scares and sets is evident when compared to the rest of this year’s stellar lineup. Very clearly was the last minute house. I might go through this one more often if it didn’t pull such long waits so often, at least HoB is at the back of the park so it usually isn’t packed.

Really hope the school scene and the Rooftop chase make it in the house since both of those had a ton of atmosphere.
They don’t. (At least I think the school doesn’t, it could have just been poorly themed)

So many times I have watched a movie and enjoyed it because it was so bad that it was good.

That is kinda how I feel about Halloween 4. There were quite a few things that I felt weren't done right, and in a weird way that it made it almost endearing to me. Endearing to the point that I almost made a second run through to see if it could be just as "good" a second time.

At one point during my walkthrough, I could clearly see 3 different Michael's at the exact same time.

On the plus side, this proved that Michael can't be everywhere. There are just a whole bunch of him in Haddonfield.

HALLOWEEN 4 (the movie) is not great, but it ends strong. Too bad 5 essentially brushes 4's ending aside with a shrug.

They don’t. (At least I think the school doesn’t, it could have just been poorly themed)

I know, was a little disappointed but they did nail the movie pretty well. I was really happy that it followed the story well and progressed from
The Asylum to the streets of Haddonfield to the Sheriff’s house to the attic to the mines.
It’s a pretty fun house that I’ll try getting repeats at, IMO it’s easily tied for the best Shrek house with Asylum in Wonderland

Still not a fan of the sets or the idea of using the IP again. Doubt I ever will be. That said ... the Michaels were all killing it last night. Maybe it's the old "chip on the shoulder" effect like Blumhouse last year, but they are clearly aiming to challenge Dead Exposure for cast of the year. And as good as the Michaels are ...

The asylum inmates early on are even better. One had a teen girl in front of me in tears, just would not let her go. They steal the house.

In my anticipation list I picked this house as the "Dark Horse", and the run through I got was very befitting of it. While the set's are on the forgettable side, the cast truly made this house as they were super aggressive! Several of the Michaels got some good scares on me (Especially the first masked Michael, holy crap!), but there was one character who I didn't expect get me good.

If I could sum up H4, it's "GOD D**N-IT, DR. LOOMIS!!!". Seriously, both of them in the house got me. An I screamed that line both times as I ducked.

I actually really enjoyed this house. I've experienced the last two and thought this was a good continuation. I got some good solid scares.

I think this is the most underrated house of HHN28. I’ve done it 5 times now, and 4 of my runs were truly excellent. The cast here is absolutely killing it. The sets aren’t that creative, but I barely notice because I’m so caught up in the scares.

I do wish Rachel was represented, as I think she was a really great Final Girl... better than Laurie to be honest.

It’s either my second or third favorite house (behind Poltergeist and maaaybe Trick ‘r Treat).

I agree this is a cast driven house, and of my four runs, I had two that were excellent.

Other than the set pieces, my biggest gripe is that I, a 5’ 11” man, am taller than a few of the Michaels. The last two Halloween houses had Michaels that were intimidating in size to me. That is sorely missed in this iteration of the franchise.

one thing i really really love about this house is the last room (the really big room) that kinda looks like a swamp or something with fences and plants and stuff, the room where Dr Loomis shoots michael.

the room is simple but i really love how it makes you feel like really being in that setting. i love that the room is really big and i love the props.

Are you all going through the same house as I am because this is definitely at the bottom of my list.

Agreed.

Like, the cast is alright, but this is literally gonna be washed from my mind by next year. That last scene is the one standout scene and we've already seen two versions of it.

Agreed.

Like, the cast is alright, but this is literally gonna be washed from my mind by next year. That last scene is the one standout scene and we've already seen two versions of it.

At its heart, isn't Halloween just a guy with a knife popping out to scare you? I don't think concepts like that work well in a setting where you are spending all night having people jump out at you.

I'm betting most of the ones who love it love the IP and would love pretty much anything they did done well, and the others are more "meh" on the property.

I LOVED the walking dead takeover one year I went, and the house was not scary but felt completely like I stepped into the world. But I was really enjoying the IP at the time and I know many others hated the walking dead HHN stuff.

Is it possible that people's love or not of Halloween films drives most of the satisfaction score?

Is it possible that people's love or not of Halloween films drives most of the satisfaction score?

There’s a bit of name brand recognition and “mental queueing” that happens with this property for good reason. I enjoyed the first house and it’s a top house for me. But this year just feels flat and uninspired. It could be that H4 isn’t as iconic and could be the sets don’t covey a story as well. It’s not to say this house is awful but it’s foregettable in a year of stronger stuff.

Are you all going through the same house as I am because this is definitely at the bottom of my list.

Agreed.

judging from the comments on fb, the reason some people are loving this house is because this house has the fastest scares, Ive noticed people saying that this house had the least "empty rooms" and the the house where you get attacked the most, (I guess since it might be easier for the actors to set up in their boo hole, as well as the rooms where Michael doesnt have a boo hole)

I've seen at least a couple of people saying that this was their favorite house because they got scared the most or because they saw the actors the most. maybe they just got lucky and got all the scares at once,