TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because of Space Mountain. That’s all that’s good. Everything else is incredibly mediocre
maxresdefault.jpg

I've heard the footer for the building is about to get poured and apparently it runs very close to the roadway. Hearing that made me wonder if this will be an exact clone of the Shanghai version or will it be modified to fit the site?

I want to love it. I just cant. :lol:

It's just so uncomfortable

I think a lot of it is nostalgia for me. I didn't think it was that rough until I went to DL. Being in the dark certainly helps it otherwise it would be incredibly boring like you said.

A track return is a must with some kind of story and scenes would make a huge difference. I think it’s at the point where a complete redo is the only option.

I actually really like how rickety Space Mountain feels, and I particularly like the single-file seating. Two riders per row, like Disneyland's, just doesn't seem like it would feel as thrilling.

I don't mind the seating. I mind the roughness and the boring coaster.

I think a lot of it is nostalgia for me. I didn't think it was that rough until I went to DL. Being in the dark certainly helps it otherwise it would be incredibly boring like you said.

A track return is a must with some kind of story and scenes would make a huge difference. I think it’s at the point where a complete redo is the only option.
I really think they need to do a total tear down of both sides and just come up with one layout much like Disneyland has with side-by-side seating so that capacity isn't lost. They could do what TRON has and have a two load stations (think Big Thunder Mountain), that way trains are always loading and trains are always departing onto the track.

I like Disneyland's version, but I don't know that I would want it to be a carbon copy. It's a fun coaster, the only thing I don't like is that it's mostly turns (a TRUE wild mouse) whereas WDW's has 2-3 drops, which is why I enjoy WDW's more despite DL's obviously being of higher quality.

I really think they need to do a total tear down of both sides and just come up with one layout much like Disneyland has with side-by-side seating so that capacity isn't lost. They could do what TRON has and have a two load stations (think Big Thunder Mountain), that way trains are always loading and trains are always departing onto the track.

I like Disneyland's version, but I don't know that I would want it to be a carbon copy. It's a fun coaster, the only thing I don't like is that it's mostly turns (a TRUE wild mouse) whereas WDW's has 2-3 drops, which is why I enjoy WDW's more despite DL's obviously being of higher quality.

If I remember correctly, the MK building is larger than the DL one which should allow for a little more creative freedom.

Whenever I walk by the Speedway I am transported to another world....specifically a go-cart/fun center in Anywhereville, USA.

I wish that they would get rid of this thing...it sucks.
Awe, c'mon, I always get nostalgic memories of using my old gas mower. :lol:
I actually really like how rickety Space Mountain feels, and I particularly like the single-file seating. Two riders per row, like Disneyland's, just doesn't seem like it would feel as thrilling.
:agree: 100%

Reactions: belloq87
To get this back to TRON for a second, permits were filed the other day for "Building Completion" related to this project, with Whiting-Turner listed as the contractor. They've done many projects for Disney of late, including Pandora, Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge and are also on tap to do work related to the Star Wars Hotel. The permit can be seen at the link below:

Disclaimer

The permit expires in August 2019, but that's just for building the show building. Nothing related to the actual coaster or the canopy that covers the show building.

Reactions: ChristopherSE