Aventura Hotel | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it says a lot about where Universal is as a resort when they can be bold enough to try a hotel like this. For me personally, I don’t think it’s some where where I’d stay but I’ve got 3 more great options. For the majority of people, this is a solid addition that will probably encourage people to stay on site for their first time. I think Endless Summer will give the resort a fully rounded experience for everybody with any budget and any expectations.

I would submit a couple more qualifications: Clean and quiet. Beyond that, I'm good. Although, I do love a well-themed hotel like Wilderness Lodge or other deluxes (ex. Portofino, GF, Contemporary). However, for "value", clean, quiet, and nice bed.
I add one more, it has to have a good shower. If I have to wait 20 for hot water or it just dribbles out I'm not a happy camper.

On another note I think I will dream of these guys animating and swarming through the hotel.

Just got a UOAP teaser for Aventura. Once again they bragged on prime rib and lamb at the roasting station in urban pantry. Saw no lamb on the menu sign. And only beef rib?

I think it says a lot about where Universal is as a resort when they can be bold enough to try a hotel like this. For me personally, I don’t think it’s some where where I’d stay but I’ve got 3 more great options. For the majority of people, this is a solid addition that will probably encourage people to stay on site for their first time. I think Endless Summer will give the resort a fully rounded experience for everybody with any budget and any expectations.

And that's totally fair. Aventura won't be for everyone, but I think you're right that Endless Summer will add something for every price point. I wish I could say the same for the Mouse, but I can see Universal start to peel away some of the Disney resort crowd, albeit a small amount.

Reactions: Scott W.
Aventura seems like it would be great for weekend getaways for FL Res. that live outside the Orlando Metro area. Especially during HHN, The Holidays, and Mardi Gras. I don't see a lot of appeal for families with kids or international visitors who tend to stay longer than a couple of days.

And that's totally fair. Aventura won't be for everyone, but I think you're right that Endless Summer will add something for every price point. I wish I could say the same for the Mouse, but I can see Universal start to peel away some of the Disney resort crowd, albeit a small amount.
Aventura seems like it would be great for weekend getaways for FL Res. that live outside the Orlando Metro area. Especially during HHN, The Holidays, and Mardi Gras. I don't see a lot of appeal for families with kids or international visitors who tend to stay longer than a couple of days.

I think that Aventura is probably the most perfect hotel for a 2 or 3 day stay on site. I don't think it has the amenities and activities for a longer stay that CBBR really excels at with the lazy river, great pool and bowling. For anybody staying at Disney who maybe wants to travel to Universal for a few days and not spend a fortune, this is the hotel to stay at.

Yep, I don't want to stay offsite or pay Porto prices just for a place to crash so I don't have to I-4. No dealing with transport back and forth either.
Question is will the CBBR busses make a loop to drop you at Adventura? Have not seen coverage of a bus area yet.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
From the UAOP email;
"10% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at all hotel outlets"

Think they mean "at this hotel"? OR
Starbucks at CBBR does not honor a pass discount so maybe they mean "unless we rent space to Starbucks"?
Confusing

The resort shuttle for Sapphire is across the street from The RP shuttle spot. They didn't want busses in the main Sapphire entry I guess. Maybe that will change with the addition of Aventura.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Not sure how that would work, I have to go the first floor of the garage to go back home after HHN? And walk up the hill? If that happens then the boat to SF is going to be packed.
truely packed. I'll wave as the Cuban boatload goes by the RP:wave:
probably people will figure out to take the RP boat and walk. Not that far. The City Walk dock for Sapphire will have to be reconfigured methinks. After further review I believe The Sapphire pick-up at the dock is on the end of the 4 now. So they can just extend toward the concert venue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
I add one more, it has to have a good shower. If I have to wait 20 for hot water or it just dribbles out I'm not a happy camper.

What about when the shower head is 5 ft from the floor so you have to crouch under it?

It looks like google is undecided about the hotel

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 44