Aventura Hotel | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just checked out he preview and I feel like I'm very easily pleased with most things. I love CBBBR and I'm super excited for the Endless Summer hotels, but this place continues to do nothing for me.

I hate that it's themeless... Whoever said it's like a Vegas hotel from 10 years ago hit the nail on the head. It's just very basic and bland and looks to small to handle the Orlando crowds. I'm sure the rooftop bar will be nice, but I feel like it's a bit of wasted potential, why not put a signature restaurant up there along side the bar. I would stay here in a heartbeat if the price was right, but I feel like this is one of the least exciting hotels to me that is run by Uni/Disney.

Reactions: NuteGunrayWasFramed
Anytime you build a public space, you have to decide what it's going to look like. Almost always it's an established theme. Rarely does anyone come up with something original. If they do, most people hate it.

eh when I'm in Orlando give me over done kitschy themes!!! I can appreciate a soft mattress at the Holiday Inn Express off I-95 on the way.

I mean CBBBR actually feels like it's a part of my vacation. I make a point to spend some time there enjoying the hotel and I love the retro beach theme.

I do agree with Disneyhead though and I see the "theme" they were going for... but I don't feel like they really got it right... It's not really all that modern/sleek... it's more retro modern... but not in a fun campy way. I do love the floor to ceiling windows and I'm sure it has a nice view, but I just don't see it as anything more than a place to sleep. Where as most of the other hotels on property you want to explore.

I mean it's a net positive thing I guess. This was before the land acquisition and they added a lot of capacity to a very small footprint so it's good. I just don't see anything exciting there.

Like I loved Royal Pacific but I was very disappointed with the room itself. This seems to have a view and some nice features. I’m excited to try it in October. Cabana though will always be bae.

Reactions: jrn14
eh when I'm in Orlando give me over done kitschy themes!!! I can appreciate a soft mattress at the Holiday Inn Express off I-95 on the way.

I mean CBBBR actually feels like it's a part of my vacation. I make a point to spend some time there enjoying the hotel and I love the retro beach theme.

I do agree with Disneyhead though and I see the "theme" they were going for... but I don't feel like they really got it right... It's not really all that modern/sleek... it's more retro modern... but not in a fun campy way. I do love the floor to ceiling windows and I'm sure it has a nice view, but I just don't see it as anything more than a place to sleep. Where as most of the other hotels on property you want to explore.

I mean it's a net positive thing I guess. This was before the land acquisition and they added a lot of capacity to a very small footprint so it's good. I just don't see anything exciting there.
I'm not sayin' it's a great theme. Just that it's a theme. It's not a "place" like the South Pacific, Italy, or a '60s Motor Lodge but it's still themed. I'd call it, "Contemporary Martini Bar".

How do the room keys work on this "tech hotel"? Are they still the kind that need to be put in the door or are they RFID enabled tap-to-enter?

As a local who doesn't stay at hotels, I think this place looks nice. I'd definitely consider staying here once I move out of the area in a few months and have to take vacations to Orlando :lol:

My favorite hotel theme is "Place to Sleep, With Room Service."

I would submit a couple more qualifications: Clean and quiet. Beyond that, I'm good. Although, I do love a well-themed hotel like Wilderness Lodge or other deluxes (ex. Portofino, GF, Contemporary). However, for "value", clean, quiet, and nice bed.

Reactions: Brownie54