Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

GET ON WITH IT!!!!

Well, I love where this is going. :toast:

Imo this is it for LC. Probably the first of several closures. Just can’t see them putting a new show right next to the soon to open Pottah coaster.

It probably won't be now, but yeah. It's a start; and while I am not happy with them leaving it vacant (just tear the sucker down for now, is what I'd say), if it's them just postponing the development..then perhaps that's not entirely a bad thing? Either way, it's not exactly easy for me to spin this in a positive light.

It does show their idiocy in some ways, a lot more than previously in a few manners.

While I agree that the plot and the stunts were not that great, I can’t believe so many people despised this show so much. I personally loved the incredible set and the pyrotechnic effects (no other stunt show in Orlando makes better use of pyrotechnics than this show). The finale was great. I can think of so many other theme park shows that I would like to see replaced instead of this one. But few of them take this much space, I guess.

New Poster here. I just wanted to say why is everyone coming so negative about this whole situation. Like shouldn’t be exciting that they are finally taking a “horrible” show out of the lineup. If they Universal is asking for cost cutting measures then management has to comply.

Agreed!!! Happy that this monstrosity is going, gives hope for the future.

It's not really about closing down the show. It's about cutting costs in a park that has record attendance, even though the attendance increase this year is single not double digits the revenue increase is in the vicinity of double digits, and not replacing it with anything and leaving valuable space 'vacant', in a park (IOA) lacking expansion space and tight on capacity, and limited entertainment shows. It's a cheap bush league move that you would expect if Blackstone/GE was still calling the shots.

It's not really about closing down the show. It's about cutting costs in a park that has record attendance, even though the attendance increase this year is single not double digits the revenue increase is in the vicinity of double digits, and not replacing it with anything and leaving valuable space 'vacant', in a park (IOA) lacking expansion space and tight on capacity, and limited entertainment shows. It's a cheap bush league move that you would expect if Blackstone/GE was still calling the shots.
LC is still stuck in the Blackstone/GE days to be honest...It never recovered

Wouldn't it be interesting if this was a necessity to reallocate funds due to cash running low on another project in development? If surveys had shown different numbers for any other entertainment offering, things might have gone differently.
Hmmmm...

Hope those in the show find positions elsewhere ASAP

If they leave it vacant that makes two vacant theaters in the park. The park needs more entertainment to break up the thrill rides. Sometimes it's nice to sit down and be entertained.
I agree, what I liked was I could grab a beer from the cart and sit at the top in the last row. It has a back on the bench and a breeze so the show was an afterthought. I would always go in after everyone was seated, no waiting in line for that one.

New Poster here. I just wanted to say why is everyone coming so negative about this whole situation. Like shouldn’t be exciting that they are finally taking a “horrible” show out of the lineup. If they Universal is asking for cost cutting measures then management has to comply.

There's a certain amount of fatalism when it comes to UOR. If everything, and I mean everything, isn't perfect then it's doomed. Nay, not just doomed but going to retroactively destroy our memories of it too. And run over our dog.

Pipedream more likely. This will be vacant for 2 years at least. Look at T2.

T2 won't be closed for two years, stop with the hyperbole.

Love the optimism. But outside of purchasing all that land, I don’t see what would spawn such optimism with the direction Universal has been taking lately. My faith is pretty much shot.
Simply put- it’s a bunch of dinosaurs running the show.

As I said above there's a certain amount of fatalism that is mind blowing when it comes to UOR. Might I point out your "it's not so bad" review of F&F?

Wouldn't it be interesting if this was a necessity to reallocate funds due to cash running low on another project in development? If surveys had shown different numbers for any other entertainment offering, things might have gone differently.

I'm wondering this too, or to put it this way, what if they have a fixed entertainment budget and they want to funnel the money towards something to run year round instead of just seasonally. Maybe something really popular that opened this summer that involves expensive fireworks.

referencing T2 as an example of footdragging. Was reported that permits weren't applied for until June. If you think the project is flying along good for you.
That was because during the demolition they found more issues than they had planned for. They have been working the whole time, but are just now getting around to building the new show.

just leave the stage as it is and just put a harry potter themed magic show :lol:
have people in robes do magic tricks and maybe bring a choir to sing the theme of the movies and call it a day lol