Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 236 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Allow me to comment, I was told that he's taking a very..unique approach.

It's not going to be his typical brand of rock, but something else. Chris may of mentioned previously; of a more..classical take. Expect that to be prevalent.
yep now this is my number 1 most anticipated then lol

Not sure what thread to post in but Jason Blum tweeted that Halloween 2018 is likely getting a sequel if it performs well and that Blumhouse would consider getting the rights to Scream, F13, & Alien.

Just saying that we may see Halloween 2018 eventually, likely when H2 comes out.

Reactions: Horror Lover
If they wanted Alien, wouldn't they now have to purchase it from Disney? I mean I could see them selling it just based on the fact that it doesn't seem like a franchise Disney has any interests in but I doubt they'll sell it for cheap.

SCREAM would do great with Blumhouse and how they're branded. F13, I guess we'll see how H2018 does. But DEFINITELY NOT ALIEN, that deserves to be a major budget production. Even the first Alien had massive sets and cost millions - mid-budget back than, but still not Blumhouse low.

But yes, this is what I was referring to.
I'm hoping they combine 4 & 5 of Halloween, skip 6 (who wants to see that, really?), next year be H20, and then in 2020 when H2020 comes out, then we see H2018 as a maze. (Because we def also don't need a Resurrection maze either or at most, combine it with H20, like halfway through, transition to the asylum and then back to his house killing vloggers... which actually could be a great maze haha).

Not sure what thread to post in but Jason Blum tweeted that Halloween 2018 is likely getting a sequel if it performs well and that Blumhouse would consider getting the rights to Scream, F13, & Alien.

Just saying that we may see Halloween 2018 eventually, likely when H2 comes out.
so from what I’m hearing, this year’s Blumhouse is gonna be trash but next years, or the future Blumhouse maze, will be something to look forward to?

So since Unfriended is getting a maze section this year when can we expect a The Horrors of SyFy maze featuring Sharknado, Octoshark, & FaceOff?:grin:

But another note I’d be totally fine if Blumhouse 2.0 is a failure but Blumhouse 3.0(should it ever come) would be epic

If Horrors of Blumhouse came back in the new few years, and that also meant properties like The Purge no longer come to the event, than I'm all for it.

...But DEFINITELY NOT ALIEN, that deserves to be a major budget production. Even the first Alien had massive sets and cost millions - mid-budget back than, but still not Blumhouse low.

While I'd generally agree with you re: Aliens, I do think there are ways to do it on a Blumhouse budget. For example: I always thought it'd be cool to do an Alien movie where a lone Xenomorph crashlands in the farmlands, or in a city. Not that many exotic sets, all you need are a few Egg and Xeno prosthetics, and shoot in abandoned buildings in and around Detroit. Voila. New kind of Alien movie.

so from what I’m hearing, this year’s Blumhouse is gonna be trash but next years, or the future Blumhouse maze, will be something to look forward to?

Real talk, I'm sure Blumhouse 2.0 will be ok if you liked either Truth or Dare or the Unfriended franchise (and there's nothing wrong with that; I actually thought Dark Web was pretty neat). I was actually kind of interested in seeing how they do an Unfriended maze; would they do weird cyber things with it?

Regardless, Blumhouse has, like, fifty gazillion movies in the works, and lots of them actually look pretty sweet. Monkeys, typewriters, Shakespeare. I'm actually interested in how Blumhouse is represented in the future, just because these are such weird properties to use. Would something like that Tremors series they're making make it into a maze? Does Blumhouse open the door for "the Horrors of Netflix" featuring It Follows, Gerald's Game, and the Babadook? How about "A24 presents:" with The VVitch, Green Room and Hereditary? Hell, the possibilities are endless!

So since Unfriended is getting a maze section this year when can we expect a The Horrors of SyFy maze featuring Sharknado, Octoshark, & FaceOff?:grin:

CHANNEL ZERO. CHANNEL ZERO. CHANNEL ZERO.

The showrunner just posted a photo of the new monster and it looks amazing.

CHANNEL ZERO.

Reactions: cdogsumo
Real talk, I'm sure Blumhouse 2.0 will be ok if you liked either Truth or Dare or the Unfriended franchise (and there's nothing wrong with that; I actually thought Dark Web was pretty neat). I was actually kind of interested in seeing how they do an Unfriended maze; would they do weird cyber things with it?

Honestly I’m not necessarily excited for Blumhouse 2.0, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t very curious to see how they incorporate Unfriended & The Dark Web. I’m expecting Truth or Dare to more or less mimic SAW though

There’s no way this won’t at least be considered for next year. Channel Zero has a ton of content but a niche market, same with Twin Peaks(but TP has a bigger fan base); hopefully TrT & KKFOS will be successes so we can get more lesser known IPs.

Still wish we got Scream Queens last year even though it got cancelled. That sorority house would’ve been amazing to walk into

Honestly I’m not necessarily excited for Blumhouse 2.0, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t very curious to see how they incorporate Unfriended & The Dark Web. I’m expecting Truth or Dare to more or less mimic SAW though

There’s no way this won’t at least be considered for next year. Channel Zero has a ton of content but a niche market, same with Twin Peaks(but TP has a bigger fan base); hopefully TrT & KKFOS will be successes so we can get more lesser known IPs.

Still wish we got Scream Queens last year even though it got cancelled. That sorority house would’ve been amazing to walk into

Shocked we haven't seen Channel Zero yet.. or that they haven't done a semi-original Face-Off characters maze, especially since the Face-Off HOH was the highest rated overlay for HOH..

Oh so we are getting them both announced before Sunday. Do you think it'll be back to back like last year with Insidious and HoB the day after? Also I really am glad UM is one of the last mazes announced. Imagine if it got announced in the time slot as The First Purge, leaving TFP and HoB 2 as the last unannounced mazes?

Oh so we are getting them both announced before Sunday. Do you think it'll be back to back like last year with Insidious and HoB the day after? Also I really am glad UM is one of the last mazes announced. Imagine if it got announced in the time slot as The First Purge, leaving TFP and HoB 2 as the last unannounced mazes?

My guess still stands, outside of that addition that @Fallow mentioned that has seemed to point true for Blum being a day earlier than when I predicted it.