Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Jobs

May 17, 2010
New York
I’m not sure if this is the right board for this, but I figured I’d give it a shot. I’m wondering what the best route to take in trying to get a job with Universal? I’ve been going to the parks for close to 20 years in a row now and know just about everything there is to know about it.

My most recent trip has me seriously considering moving to Orlando in the future. Talked to some people who moved to Florida from up north and always rave about the more laid back nature of it. I’m over the hustle and bustle of New York and all the nasty people ( have been for quite some time).

Working for Universal would be a dream. I work in customer service so I’m pretty well trained in all aspects of that. I see a lot of people walking around the parks with name tags on, not sure what their actual job title is but I imagine management of some sort.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Best route? Get hired for HHN in some capacity. Doesn’t have to be as a scare actor, either.

HHN is an easy ticket into the company and it gives you a few months to network and possibly move up in your department over time (can be quick) or to transfer elsewhere within the company once the event is over.

I’m not sure if this is the right board for this, but I figured I’d give it a shot. I’m wondering what the best route to take in trying to get a job with Universal? I’ve been going to the parks for close to 20 years in a row now and know just about everything there is to know about it.

My most recent trip has me seriously considering moving to Orlando in the future. Talked to some people who moved to Florida from up north and always rave about the more laid back nature of it. I’m over the hustle and bustle of New York and all the nasty people ( have been for quite some time).

Working for Universal would be a dream. I work in customer service so I’m pretty well trained in all aspects of that. I see a lot of people walking around the parks with name tags on, not sure what their actual job title is but I imagine management of some sort.

Universal Orlando Resort Careers - Apply Online

I have always worried that working for the parks would somehow jade me about them or take some enjoyment away. With that said, I would still give it a shot and enjoy no more wintertime misery.

I mean, New Yorkers come to Orlando in droves. Get ready for that week of Spring Break... (of which, the Orlando parks have like two months of Spring Break to cover most of the country/Canada). You’ll get to learn all the types of guests: NY/NJ, Brazilians, Midwesterners, the “I’m really here for a conference,” etc. It comes with being a huge tourist hub.

I moved to Orlando after growing up in Pennsylvania and living in Ohio for four years. It’s deffinately an adjustment, but there are plenty of Northerners who have done the same thing. Rent and car insurance are going to get costlier, most likely. The humidity stinks. I was cold... maybe, four days a year on average?

There are a lot of good things, too. Getting a job at Universal was quick and painless. Free access to HHN is worth it alone, plus hey have a deal with SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Tampa to get in for free. I never grew tired of the parks, but it is very youth-oriented (high school graduates/college-age young adults will make up most of your co-workers, aside from some retired folks). It’s fun in your 20’s... less so in your 30’s, but you’re also by a big city, so there are lots of jobs and opportunities out there.

I did it, for over five years. Slept on a friend’s couch until I got a job/place to live. Loved it most of the time, though there were some rough days. Where else can you say that you’ve worked at Jurassic Park, or for the Daily Bugle? I say, go for it... but be realistic about proper budgeting and go in with a good attitude.

Last edited:
You’ll get to learn all the types of guests: NY/NJ, Brazilians, Midwesterners, the “I’m really here for a conference,” etc. It comes with being a huge tourist hub.

How do you tell the people apart? Got any cliches you'd like to share about each? NJ here and I'm sorry for sharing our misery haha.

How do you tell the people apart? Got any cliches you'd like to share about each? NJ here and I'm sorry for sharing our misery haha.

If you meet any tourists that are rude and miserable there’s a good chance they’re from NY/NJ haha. Another reason why I want to leave. Just over all of the people here