Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Trick 'r Treat

Way too much fog..... just too much

It gets to a point where you cant even enjoy the house because you cant see anything.
Or you even miss the scares because you cant even properly see the actors.

I usually dont have a problem with fog, but this tine it actually pissed me off. I loved the little bit i saw but the whole house was nothing but fog.

It gets to a point where you cant even enjoy the house because you cant see anything.

I usually dont have a problem with fog, but this tine it actually pissed me off. I loved the little bit i saw but the whole house was nothing but fog.
I only noticed it in the quarry scene, and I thought it was used to a degree that was perfect for that scene's themeing, felt exactly like how the environment looked in the film.

I only noticed it in the quarry scene, and I thought it was used to a degree that was perfect for that scene's themeing, felt exactly like how the environment looked in the film.

the entrance to the house was too foggy and the scene with Rhonda in the neighborhood (with the sheets) was full of fog. the werewolf scene was full of fog too
The ending had too much fog too. I Understand the room you are taking about needed it. but not the entire house, because not only do you miss the sets but you bump into the people in front of you.

I think they went overboard

the entrance to the house was too foggy and the scene with Rhonda in the neighborhood (with the sheets) was full of fog. the werewolf scene was full of fog too
The ending had too much fog too. I Understand the room you are taking about needed it. but not the entire house, because not only do you miss the sets but you bump into the people in front of you.

I think they went overboard
Maybe you had more of an issue with traversing it than I did, which I completely understand as it gets super disorienting, but I feel like the fog in all of those scenes greatly added to their atmosphere, especially the fog around the Sam figure.

Maybe you had more of an issue with traversing it than I did, which I completely understand as it gets super disorienting, but I feel like the fog in all of those scenes greatly added to their atmosphere, especially the fog around the Sam figure.

it's just hard to see, and it wasn't just me, the people behind me couldn't see either and kept bumping into me.
also the people in front of me kept having to stretch out their hands to touch around. maybe they put more fog yesterday than when you went. I know fog is nice to set up the scenes but not even the movie had that much fog besides the quarry.
there was even fog inside the old man's house... i mean, come on :lol:. when was there fog inside his house in the movie???

it's just hard to see, and it wasn't just me, the people behind me couldn't see either and kept bumping into me.
also the people in front of me kept having to stretch out their hands to touch around. maybe they put more fog yesterday than when you went. I know fog is nice to set up the scenes but not even the movie had that much fog besides the quarry.
there was even fog inside the old man's house... i mean, come on :lol:. when was there fog inside his house in the movie???
Yeah maybe there was more used on Sunday because I only noticed heavy usage in the Quarry scene.

I remember when I told my wife that she had to sit down and watch Trick 'r Treat, and she said she didn't get it.

I explained to her that it wasn't really a full-on horror movie, and instead that it was like a "Love Letter to Halloween"

That is the same sentiment that I felt after I left the Trick 'r Treat House. My first house of the year. The house was absolutely stunning and hit all the right notes. But it wasn't scary. Instead it was a "Love Letter to Trick 'r Treat"

And I am fine with that.

I went to the first weekend and I didn’t see Sam unmasked. Did I just go though at a bad time or is there no Sam unmasked?

I agree it was a little much the first time I went through but the second time it was much better.

This house nailed the movie pretty nicely. Great big sets (though there's a slight drawback to that), a wonderfully creepy atmosphere, plus some nice tricks here and there.

If I had to nitpick, I wanted one of the tales to be portrayed more then it was in the house. However due to those big set's taking up the space, I know they had to make some sacrifices on scenes. Though ultimately, I'm happy with how the house turned out. For my friend Ian, he's a big fan of the film and he was over the moon with it.

This house nailed the movie pretty nicely. Great big sets (though there's a slight drawback to that), a wonderfully creepy atmosphere, plus some nice tricks here and there.

If I had to nitpick, I wanted one of the tales to be portrayed more then it was in the house. However due to those big set's taking up the space, I know they had to make some sacrifices on scenes. Though ultimately, I'm happy with how the house turned out. For my friend Ian, he's a big fan of the film and he was over the moon with it.
I'm honestly baffled that they fit those huge sets in and still made it an acceptable duration.

I only went through the house once, did the dancing werewolf girl ever turn around? And was she wearing prosthetics if she did