Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 264 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One last tidbit, there were TONS of kids at the event this year, most likely due to Stranger Things. There could not be a worse year to try and pull this stunt, unless next year they have a Laika maze or something.

I think it's normal to laugh at it and think it's funny to yourself. But in general, the concept of doing it is not funny and is indefensible. I'm actually shocked there's people here defending it. Somethin wrong with y'all in the head lol

Infant came through in a stroller. We were flabbergasted, can't believe they let them into the park.

Infant came through in a stroller. We were flabbergasted, can't believe they let them into the park.
While I strongly agree they shouldn't let infants into the park, how are you going to draw that line where an op will have to say, "I'm sorry, you can't bring your child into this event"? You could say that there can't be anyone under 5 or something, but then if the parents throw a hissy fit about not letting little Johnny in because he looks under five, how will they prove his age?

I guess the best they can do is discourage parents from bringing their kids. Too bad there are too many dumb and selfish parents out there.

While I strongly agree they shouldn't let infants into the park, how are you going to draw that line where an op will have to say, "I'm sorry, you can't bring your child into this event"? You could say that there can't be anyone under 5 or something, but then if the parents throw a hissy fit about not letting little Johnny in because he looks under five, how will they prove his age?

I guess the best they can do is discourage parents from bringing their kids. Too bad there are too many dumb and selfish parents out there.

There's a pretty practical solution: no strollers, and no carrying children through mazes. Easy to enact rules with clear & present safety justifications; rules out any child who can't walk unassisted (i.e. infants).

Reactions: ush.hacker
That would have to be clearly stated as much as they clearly state "not recommended for children under 13." But putting, "only people able to walk through the mazes are allowed" which now sounds awkward and not true since people in wheelchairs go. It's a weird balance in the terminology and something the attorneys probably can't figure out, so they just ignore it.

Also it would suck to have a baby, bring it in a stroller, get all the way to front gate and told to go home back 3 hours since they didn't read the FAQ section. It's not like wearing a costume or facepaint that they could just buy new clothes, change, or wash off in the bathroom.

Reactions: Rideguy70
That would have to be clearly stated as much as they clearly state "not recommended for children under 13." But putting, "only people able to walk through the mazes are allowed" which now sounds awkward and not true since people in wheelchairs go. It's a weird balance in the terminology and something the attorneys probably can't figure out, so they just ignore it.

Also it would suck to have a baby, bring it in a stroller, get all the way to front gate and told to go home back 3 hours since they didn't read the FAQ section. It's not like wearing a costume or facepaint that they could just buy new clothes, change, or wash off in the bathroom.

The rule wouldn't be "you have to walk through the house" - the rule is "no strollers" and "no carrying children."

This isn't just out of personal annoyance, it's a safety issue. Volume levels at HHN are no joke, and infants' ears are especially sensitive. It's not something someone that young should be exposed to.

Y'all see that Stranger Things video with some of the cast going through the maze? That's going to be HHN this year.... kids... kids everywhere.

I don't mind kids as long as they're respectful. Many of them are unsupervised and are... not.

But if some thrilled kids are enthusiastic to see the Stranger Things maze and dabble in some of the more intense stuff, I'm all for it.

Reactions: Freak
Kids aren't the problem. It's the irritating and disrespectful teenagers, but that's a whole different story....

Yeah, it's honestly not the age itself that matters - it's attitude. I don't care how old you are - don't disrespect actors/staff or the maze environments/experience.

It'll never change, unfortunately. I haven't noticed a macro uptick in bad behavior, but it's very obvious that a bulk of adult guests are getting progressively drunker toward the end of the event (leading to some rougher maze experiences).

Guys, any theories as to why the Mummy queue spot is a walk-on after 12 AM the last 2 years?
If it only happened this year, I'd ration it was the IP, but it also happened to The Shining which is pretty big.
Just seems odd to me.

Guys, any theories as to why the Mummy queue spot is a walk-on after 12 AM the last 2 years?
If it only happened this year, I'd ration it was the IP, but it also happened to The Shining which is pretty big.
Just seems odd to me.

I'm gonna make a probably wrong guess:

It's probably because the entrance is also the entrance to the backlot. So maybe by 12 am, people have stopped going to the backlot (which means they're less likely to just be lured in by the maze) and have started returning to the lower+upper lots (so people are less likely to turn around and enter another maze)

Reactions: Clive
I'm gonna make a probably wrong guess:

It's probably because the entrance is also the entrance to the backlot. So maybe by 12 am, people have stopped going to the backlot (which means they're less likely to just be lured in by the maze) and have started returning to the lower+upper lots (so people are less likely to turn around and enter another maze)

Ding ding.

Entrance is in an awkward spot, en route to the tunnel/metro. Many people miss it entirely or need directions, but as Rage pointed out, some of it is basic crowd flow; it's the same reason Halloween and Monsters balloon at the very beginning and very end of the night but plateau in the middle.

Reactions: ush.hacker
The rule wouldn't be "you have to walk through the house" - the rule is "no strollers" and "no carrying children."

This isn't just out of personal annoyance, it's a safety issue. Volume levels at HHN are no joke, and infants' ears are especially sensitive. It's not something someone that young should be exposed to.

When I worked at Disney, our rule for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was the child had to be "capable of sitting by themselves in the chair without assistance" so people couldn't be like, "CLEARLY JOHNNY IS FIVE YEARS OLD" when in reality Johnny was clearly two. If an "age limit" were to be enacted, I think "no carrying children/no strollers" is a good way to go about it.

That being said, I know plenty of little kids that enjoy HHN. They're just of an age where they can walk without needing to be held.

Sorry to double post, but a couple things:

-I liked everything better a second time around. Got a better run through on everything.

-They’re selling alcohol all over the park now including the Backlot.

Sorry to double post, but a couple things:

-I liked everything better a second time around. Got a better run through on everything.

-They’re selling alcohol all over the park now including the Backlot.

It helps when it's the start of the week. Actors are more rested. Less crowds = more energy/recovery time, too.

And yeah, surprised this hasn't been talked about more. Alcohol sales have been expanded park-wide - this looks to be a permanent change.

John's second Twitter account is tweeting from Ireland. Started last night with the last one 8:55 am (I am assuming that is Ireland time) which means he missed last night, tonight and probably this weekend.

Reactions: rageofthegods