Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Stranger Things

There are still cotton balls attached to the spores.; At least last time I went through the maze there were. Unless, they pulled them off.

I've taken a pretty close look and didn't see them, but perhaps they've been replaced or were gone by the time I had the opportunity to explore down there.

All they had to do was use a soap bubble machine like the snow at Disneyland. Knott’s could afford it for Dead of Winter. Don’t tell me HHN can’t afford it. That’s what Orlando did.

All they had to do was use a soap bubble machine like the snow at Disneyland. Knott’s could afford it for Dead of Winter. Don’t tell me HHN can’t afford it. That’s what Orlando did.

Hell, Singapore has seemingly done the Upside Down with more care than Hollywood. Its hilarious to see Hollywood screw up like that.

I think at Midsummer Scream they specifically said they didn't want to do that, as they wanted the particles to move in all directions of the xyz axis and not just down and side to side, though I agree it would have probably looked more convincing, but hey theres always next year.

I think at Midsummer Scream they specifically said they didn't want to do that, as they wanted the particles to move in all directions of the xyz axis and not just down and side to side, though I agree it would have probably looked more convincing, but hey theres always next year.

I mean ultimately nothing moved at all. The fiber optics have small, hidden fans that theoretically move them but don't do anything in practice.

I did see trace amounts of cotton on a handful of fiber optics today. Most of it appears to have been removed... I think the original plan might to have been relatively large cotton encasing each fiber optic, for a more glowy, ethereal effect.

I mean ultimately nothing moved at all. The fiber optics have small, hidden fans that theoretically move them but don't do anything in practice.

I did see trace amounts of cotton on a handful of fiber optics today. Most of it appears to have been removed... I think the original plan might to have been relatively large cotton encasing each fiber optic, for a more glowy, ethereal effect.
The only thing that moves is the projection of more particles, but its much too faint to see clearly

Stretch FX is an incredible material to work with, but quickly wears down due to over use. I really hope they replace the 2 sections of paneling that rely on this effect halfway through the season. (Being honest, they won't)

Stretch FX is an incredible material to work with, but quickly wears down due to over use. I really hope they replace the 2 sections of paneling that rely on this effect halfway through the season. (Being honest, they won't)

They did last year for the Baghuul scare - a few times, in fact.

The Demagorgon one takes more stress because it's the claws doing the tearing instead of gentler gloved hands.

ALSO: I spoke too soon. Operations concerns have led to a 4:30 opening on peak nights (i.e. Friday-Saturday) and a 5:00 opening on non-peak (Wed, Thurs, Sun).

From October 29th to November 2nd, Universal Studios Hollywood will be offering for the first time; a daytime "Lights On" experience, included with admission to the park; giving you the chance to see a lights on version of Stranger Things.

This really surprises me, but, cool opportunity for guests. Do you have a link?

From October 29th to November 2nd, Universal Studios Hollywood will be offering for the first time; a daytime "Lights On" experience, included with admission to the park; giving you the chance to see a lights on version of Stranger Things.

This tells me one of two things..

1. Universal is testing the viability of a Hollywood version of Unmasking The Horror behind the scenes tours..

2. Universal is testing the viability of Stranger Things possibly becoming a year-round attraction in the future ala TWD by testing how non-HHN guests react to the IP in the daytime..

This tells me one of two things..

1. Universal is testing the viability of a Hollywood version of Unmasking The Horror behind the scenes tours..

2. Universal is testing the viability of Stranger Things possibly becoming a year-round attraction in the future ala TWD by testing how non-HHN guests react to the IP in the daytime..

I also think they know that the number one complaint re: Stranger Things at Horror Nights is people can't get their pictures of/with the Christmas Lights, Eleven, etc. (I realize VIP get the photo ops, but obviously that's a tiny percentage of the guest population.)

Do you think it'll be an actual guided tour or you just walk through it like normal? Probably an even longer line if people are stopping to take pictures, I imagine...