Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Best strategy to do as many houses as possible if I’m getting there at 5pm with no s&s & no express? Don’t care for Blumhouse nor AOV, and can do without Halloween 4. So 8 out of the 10. Any help or tips much appreciated.

Last night was much, much busier than the previous Wednesday nights.

I'm going next Wednesday (10/10). I see they increased the Express from $79 to $99 for next Wednesday. Based on LAST night, would it be tough (with stay and scream but with NO express) to do 8 houses +AOV + eating up any leftover time in scarezones? I'm thinking about taking the plunge but don't want to show up and find out we wasted $200.

Although not worth the price if it's a light night, is Express still enjoyable when it's a dead night? Does it still help you fly through stuff on the light nights compared to no express? Do you still feel like you got something from it, even if overpriced?

Last edited:
I'm going next Wednesday (10/10). I see they increased the Express from $79 to $99 for next Wednesday. Based on LAST night, would it be tough (with stay and scream but with NO express) to do 8 houses +AOV + eating up any leftover time in scarezones? I'm thinking about taking the plunge but don't want to show up and find out we wasted $200.

Although not worth the price if it's a light night, is Express still enjoyable when it's a dead night? Does it still help you fly through stuff on the light nights compared to no express? Do you still feel like you got something from it, even if overpriced?

On the first Wednesday, 9/19, Express would have been pretty much wasted on anything except Stranger Things. I mean, it would have saved a few minutes here and there, but I was able to knock out all 10 houses without Express by 9ish. I ended up doing 23 house runs that night.

Last night would have been pretty painful without Express. Other than right at opening and right before closing, most houses had at least a 45 minute wait, sometimes hitting 70+. Stranger Things was 90+ most of the night. I did end up getting in 20 house runs last night with Express, but I was in the very front of the S&S for Stranger Things, and pretty much hustled every minute until they closed at 1am.

If I had to guess, I would expect future Wednesdays to be more like last night. But you never know. If you are at the very front of the Finns S&S, you could probably knock out 8 houses, though I have no idea how much time AoV takes.

Last edited:
On the first Wednesday, 9/19, Express would have been pretty much wasted on anything except Stranger Things. I mean, it would have saved a few minutes here and there, but I was able to knock out all 10 houses without Express by 9ish. I ended up doing 23 house runs that night.

Last night would have been pretty painful without Express. Other than right at opening and right before closing, most houses had at least a 45 minute wait, sometimes hitting 70+. Stranger Things was 90+ most of the night. I did end up getting in 20 house runs last night with Express, but I was in the very front of the S&S for Stranger Things, and pretty much hustled every minute until they closed at 1am.

If I had to guess, I would expect future Wednesdays to be more like last night. But you never know. If you are at the very front of the Finns S&S, you could probably knock out 8 houses, though I have no idea how much time AoV takes.

Since we want to waste time in all the scare zones too, sounds like that seals the deal for express. Just to be sure. Thanks for the on the ground report!

There are no more dead nights until maybe November 1. At the very least, Express will save you hour-long waits for at least four houses.