Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

Doubt it because China owns a majority of SHDL.

hmm, so Disney is the..Minority, in the case of SDL (Even though they are rights holders)?

__

I think what's good to see, is how things are seemingly being wanted to be kept on-course, and to keep people who are along the position of power at 21CF & the minor companies along with it. What I'm curious of, is NatGeo.

De
hmm, so Disney is the..Minority, in the case of SDL (Even though they are rights holders)?

__

I think what's good to see, is how things are seemingly being wanted to be kept on-course, and to keep people who are along the position of power at 21CF & the minor companies along with it. What I'm curious of, is NatGeo.
Depends how long they keep them on. Companies are notorious using these Execs. as place makers for transitions, and then they mysteriously disappear within a year or so. Disney has a really bad rep in film & tv industry of being very difficult to work for. I wouldn't put too much stock into them keeping these people on for now. They'll probably use them only as long as they need to, and then, poof, they're gone.

__

Intellectual Property doesn’t have much protections in China.

EU approved with it having to sell off some assets in the EEA markets....additionally Disney called off sale of Endemol Shine and will continue co-ownership.
European Commission Approves Disney’s $71 Billion Acquisition Of Fox | Deadline
According to Bloomberg, Comcast is done with European M&A since they have acquired Sky.
Bloomberg: Comcast done with Europe M&A after Sky - Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA) | Seeking Alpha
'“Our plate is full; we know what we are doing; we’re pausing the share buyback and focusing on the balance sheet," CEO Brian Roberts says about continental expansion.'

I think that means a temporary 3-5 year pause to lower debt load by $20-30 billion. I'd be surprised if it meant any sort of longer pause than that; Sky is strong in the UK but needs further asset purchases (read: cable units) in Germany, Austria, Italy, and Spain to stabilize their continental operations.

'“Our plate is full; we know what we are doing; we’re pausing the share buyback and focusing on the balance sheet," CEO Brian Roberts says about continental expansion.'

I think that means a temporary 3-5 year pause to lower debt load by $20-30 billion. I'd be surprised if it meant any sort of longer pause than that; Sky is strong in the UK but needs further asset purchases (read: cable units) in Germany, Austria, Italy, and Spain to stabilize their continental operations.
Wise move on Comcast part. Consolidate, learn the market inside & out, & get Sky where they want it to be....and then, if the situation warrants, pursue whatever looks right for the market.

I’m not sure why anyone would think this would not happen but just in case you thought differently, here ya go. It’s done.

Disney Gets China Approval for Fox Acquisition | Hollywood Reporter
It's a credit to Iger and his personal relationships that it got through.

There's serious bad-blood between the US and China right now on trade related issues, and China's slow-playing US corporate mergers that require Chinese approval; some are going to probably end up cancelled if China is as aggressive in other sectors as they've been in slowing semiconductor mergers.

It's a credit to Iger and his personal relationships that it got through.

Oh it totally comes down to Iger and his abilities. I never doubted that he would make it happen. Plus, it seems that Disney has always had a pretty good relationship with China in general.