Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Price Increases (General)

Well that sucks. It's like they want you to stay on-site.... still going to stay off-site and rent a car on my next trip though.

I also think the parks are doing it to help offset the costs of all the added security checks they've needed to install

I hadn’t even considered the added security. A valid point.

I would add that the parking garages are hardly pure profit as the upkeep and building maintenance is sure to be high.

Still, this pricing is completely outrageous.

Last edited:
It would be easier to ignore the parking prices if they could put together a competent parking operation. The maintenance issues on the walkways and escalators I can live with as long as I'm not seeing the same ones down consistently over a short stretch of visits. Crap breaks, and they have a whole lot of them in a relatively small area.

It would be easier to ignore the parking prices if they could put together a competent parking operation. The maintenance issues on the walkways and escalators I can live with as long as I'm not seeing the same ones down consistently over a short stretch of visits. Crap breaks, and they have a whole lot of them in a relatively small area.

Especially since I've seen a-hole teens yank back the moving banisters easily, causing an escalator or moving walkway to shut down. While it's an easy reboot, it does take time.

Universal needs to hold steady on pricing right now. Disney is receiving some serious blow back from their recent moves.

Exactly. Seeing a lot of "both are the same!" snide comments.

I hadn’t even considered the added security. A valid point.

I would add that the parking garages are hardly pure profit as the upkeep and building maintenance is sure to be high.

Still, this pricing is completely outrageous.

Absolutely. This is where Universal is at a disadvantage in terms of upkeep and maintenance.

Once upon a time (probably a decade ago now) the car-parking at Disney paid for at least 90% cast member costs (execs not included). Sheer profit from parking on a bit of empty land.

Well that sucks. It's like they want you to stay on-site.... still going to stay off-site and rent a car on my next trip though.

True if they didn’t charge for parking at the hotels and with Disney following suit, it’s a bad time to be driving in Orlando.

I actually wonder if Orlando are pushing at the resorts to increase parking prices to reduce the cars on the heavy congested roads.

I *think* they've also increased their parking at the resorts.

taking a quick peek, it says Cabana Bay is $14/night and I remember it being $12
And looking at Royal Pacific it shows $24 and I remember it being $22

I *think* they've also increased their parking at the resorts.

taking a quick peek, it says Cabana Bay is $14/night and I remember it being $12
And looking at Royal Pacific it shows $24 and I remember it being $22

It was $24 when I stayed last month. This was my bill for parking and 6 drinks at the pool.

hard rock.JPG

Ok. It was definitely lower ($12 for CB and $22 for RPR) when I last went, but that was back in 2017, so they probably increased it, just sometime earlier within the last year and a bit.

I questioned it when they told me the price because it was more than the theme park parking but they didn’t seem to think anything of it.

Looking back at how good I seen them deal with other people I could have created hell about the pricing and they probably would have dropped the charges. When I arrived at Sapphire Falls some stuck up woman was demanding free parking and charging for her Tesla 3 plus she wouldn’t let anybody drive her car but still wanting the valet service and I overheard them discussing giving it to her just as she drove off in a terrible mood.

The customer service at the Universal hotels is excellent and I don’t think that gets mentioned enough.

The first time I stayed at Sapphire, they forgot to charge me for parking. But they still let me out of the parking garage gate when I beeped them from the closed gates when I left the resort.

If anybody is planning on staying at Cabana Bay soon and concerned about the parking, book through Virgin Holidays.

virgin cbbr.JPG

I wonder if they'll extend this to next year.

Just saw this with the parking charges at Dodgers stadium:

fozkq1ca0mu11.jpg

Just given the state of the garage, this seems a bad move. Half the escalators and moving sidewalks were busted Wednesday night. (Literally half, coming to and from Jaws.) Signs are the roof are so sun-bleached they are illegible. And the parking crew is a special kind of stupid.

You may not like paying $25 at WDW but they (1) will park you quickly and safely anywhere/anytime other than EPCOT on a Food & Wine weekend and (2) make sure there's eventually a tram to give you a ride if you want it.

it adds insult to injury. visiting the park with out of town family is embarrassing when they notice things like that, or when they feel unsure about their car's safety when they see dirty parking lots or broken lights or stuff like that