Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 383 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hotel like the Breakers would be nice, been there plenty of times and it is on a completely different level then Rosen Shingle Creek. Also, another theme I thought about was Spanish. Not Mexican Spanish but actually Spanish style from Spain. I would imagine it to be a deluxe if not moderate.

The old Tomb Raider coaster (now called "Time Warp" since Paramount sold the park to Cedar Fair) at Wonderland hasn't aged well. While cool when it came out, riding it now is a pretty lacking experience....

I was just referring to the laying down / flat vehicle. The ride itself is pretty tame.

A Harry Potter/Wizarding World hotel would print money, but I think it's too late since they'd really want to have it connected to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade somehow.

A Harry Potter/Wizarding World hotel would print money, but I think it's too late since they'd really want to have it connected to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade somehow.
Supposedly UC has had a blue sky proposal connecting a small hotel to the back of Diagon, but it's never been approved.

Been to The Breakers on Palm Beach a few times since it's only about 30 minutes away, but have never stayed there since the prices are outrageous. It's a gorgeous hotel, but I wouldn't expect something like that at a Universal Resort. It's way too high-end and would price too many people/families out of ever staying there.

Damn, some of these sound awesome. Hope they show up here.
I know most of these will never happen, but I would have to guess they are looking at a plussed FOP design for Dragons. Few of those could easily be used for that. Mix that with some sets and you would have a better FJ.

Ehh, I can see most of these patents coming along with that PAC-MAN bumper-car patent.

How do you make your theme park unique? A one-of-a-kind layout, immersive lands, and unique rides.

That's a lot of motion simulator stuff. Hopefully (if those concepts ever come to fruition) they're spread out around the world, and don't all end up in the next park or USF.

I mean, the new park will be blessed with having a completely new park, leading them to do whatever is best for the park's future.

I do think one of them is going to be there, and if I'm a guessing man; it's the flying simulator.

I'm trying to think of how any of these would fit with what we know for Park 4, and I can't figure it out. The one seems perfect for a JW Gyrospehre coaster/dark ride for Beijing though

The Rosen Shingle Creek is an embarrassingly cheap knock off of something like The Breakers or The Don Cesar.

This is The Rosen Shingle Creek.

becc6097_z.jpg

This is The Don Cesar.

loews-don-cesar-hotel.jpg

Freshly waxed Italian marble has a certain panache.

That's actually The Breakers in Palm Beach. Which is another Henery Flagler resort.
Never thought you were so fancy.

Reactions: Disneyhead
My issue with that for HTTYD is that it would be the same issue as with Flight of Passage: It wouldn’t really feel like you’re riding a dragons it’d feel like a ride vehicle
The ride vehicle looks like a huge hang glider. What if we (for HTTYD), because we are not friendly with any dragons yet, to go with them on an adventure with this specially made hang glider. It's made from wood and cloth to fit the world. What if this ride part on rails and part screen like Hogwarts zipping in and out screens and dark-ride area's.

I like how off the wall these patents are. They sure dare to dream.

I mean, the new park will be blessed with having a completely new park, leading them to do whatever is best for the park's future.

I do think one of them is going to be there, and if I'm a guessing man; it's the flying simulator.

I think that two of the patents will show up in the new park: the gyrosphere and the flying simulator. I can't see that weird hang-glider patent showing up anywhere, the motion theater wouldn't really fit any of the IP's we know of, and the glowing harnesses seem like they'd be put on Hulk instead of whatever coasters we end up with here.

Those, in addition to the awesome Mario Kart patents, the DK coaster (maybe), the puzzle theater, and the PAC-MAN-style bumper cars, would make the park pretty unique and definitely set it apart from IOA and USF.

Status
Not open for further replies.