Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I’ll second that in terms of the roaming. I saw them at the front of the park around an hour before closing. Probably getting ready for Chainsaw Chase Out.

I went last night, which was as crowded as ever (First Purge was up to 120 at one point) and I’m kicking myself for not going tonight. A whole night of light crowds would’ve been the perfect send-off for the season.

Had an amaaaaazing night, so glad I went, it was an absolute DEAD ZONE. Everything was a walk on, including the rides. They were closing shops and vendors by 9 PM, just nobody to sell stuff to haha. Scareactors were playful and up to antics for sure, including in the mazes. Would go in to a maze and have the whole place to yourself, you could take your time or walk fast and not run into anyone. I did doubles of my favorites, but I easily could've done triples or quadruples if I put enough effort into it.

Roaming chainsaw guys were by Jabba when I saw them. Speaking of which, I saw the show finally -- same dang show, different songs. Don't know why I always believe people when they say "it's actually good/new this year." Quality aside, it is relatively the same \when the structure is beat by beat exact and they do the same type of dances.

I had a REALLY good run through of Stranger Things tonight, both times. Completely changes my mind about the scares for that maze, jumps it up a couple of nothces. So what goes down? Poltergeist definitely gets more and more underwhelming every time I go through it. Just the weirdest pacing of momentum in that one and the only saving grace is the end. It honestly is about as bad as The First Purge; which had some rocking talent in there today, but couldn't save it much -- made me think a tiny bit more fond of it but not alot. And sadly, Universal Monsters just doesn't do it for me because the scares suck sooooo hard. Got a good handful of popouts at the end in a row but that's it. I even had a run through today of TWD that was better. TrT, Halloween, and HOB are still my favorites, with Stranger Things very close behind. I think what really helped is 1) It was nighttime by the time it opened so there was no light bleed, which made the maze more dark 2) cast finally found their groove. Demas were much more ferocious -- they still don't look scary compared to Orlando's, but they sure as hell made up with how vicious they attack. They did a lot more with their hands and reaching -- I guess it just took em a while to figure out the physics of their costumes and how fast they can go. Also, I feel like they reconfigured the first room so the scare is less obvious and that they added some scares I've never seen before in places. Even the face actors were great. Major props to the guys in the lab who'd get in your face and stop you during the little spiel with the creepiest of grins on their faces. That was so unsettling!!!
Oh and Terror Tram was the same. As were the scarezones.

Side note: totally got to go in to Harry Potter World from 4-5. Made my night all the more special.

So if I’m not mistaken, the closing saturday and Sunday surprises Murdy promised were as follows.
-Mike Dougherty in Trick r Treat as school bus kid saturday night
-New chainsaw horde roaming lower, back, and upper lots.
-Added chainsaw actors to ending of terror tram.
-Sam in Trick r Treat scarezone as an actor

I'm glad to see people discussing the black halls with boo holes. On video they appear insanely obvious, are they darker and more surprising in person? I really want hollywood to ditch them...

I'm glad to see people discussing the black halls with boo holes. On video they appear insanely obvious, are they darker and more surprising in person? I really want hollywood to ditch them...

Darker? Yes. More surprising? Not so much. When you’re going through with a big group, the walls really just feel like an obstacle to overcome to get to the next scene. If you’re going through on a slow day or you’re lucky (or unlucky, depending on what you’re into) enough to be at the head of a group, it’s very easy to get lost. The holes are easier to spot but are only really obvious to repeat-goers like us.

Hope everyone had fun last night. It was "dead," but thankfully still plenty of enthusiastic guests (meaning it didn't get boring for the actors).

Chainsaw gang tried out a few different spots (Simpsons, Lower Lot, Metro Sets) as a potential experiment for future events.

And very glad you guys enjoyed some of the surprises. Wondering if anyone here saw Renfield's "surprise prop" in the last couple sets...

Oh, and to no one's real surprise, Monsters got #1 maze.

Hope everyone had fun last night. It was "dead," but thankfully still plenty of enthusiastic guests (meaning it didn't get boring for the actors).

Chainsaw gang tried out a few different spots (Simpsons, Lower Lot, Metro Sets) as a potential experiment for future events.

And very glad you guys enjoyed some of the surprises. Wondering if anyone here saw Renfield's "surprise prop" in the last couple sets...

Oh, and to no one's real surprise, Monsters got #1 maze.

So happy Classic Monsters got Hollywood's HOTY.. Such a perfect maze!

With Monsters snagging the #1 spot, I wouldn’t be surprised or disappointed if it comes back next year albeit slightly altered. I know there were some Creature and Wolfman concepts that were left on the cutting room floor that could potentially see the light of day.

Anyone know the music that plays right before Scarecrowz on the Terror Tram? Or it might've been before Nightmarez. It sounded very familiar, probably from a movie. Has a little girl softly sobbing (I think) mixed in with the music.

Anyone know the music that plays right before Scarecrowz on the Terror Tram? Or it might've been before Nightmarez. It sounded very familiar, probably from a movie. Has a little girl softly sobbing (I think) mixed in with the music.
Im not sure if this is the theme you were looking for but this was played in front of the Scarecrowz section

(0:40)

YES! That's the one. I just watched that movie again maybe a week before last night, so it was at the tip of my brain, I just couldn't access the file haha