Nintendo Switch | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Food for thought, perhaps they may decide to have Let's Go as an Off-year series, as one would focus on console play; and then a more traditional series (more Handheld) can exist in the other year?

Reactions: Magic-Man
Pokémon Japanese fans hate Let's Go to the point Amazon Japan had to turn off reviews.

Ah yes, "user reviews", a totally reliable and not easily gamed system.

Funny thing is everyone I know who got the game is surprised at how good it is.

Almost like most gamers are entitled whiners

For the record: On Amazon US there are about 20 "One Star Reviews", and only 5 of them are "Verified Purchases". So the majority of them are just there to complain because they didn't get what they want.

As a newcomer to Pokemon, I'm glad the Lets Go games exist. It allows me to grow into the franchise. Also, I've heard that the newer Pokemon games are super difficult.

-------------------------------------------------------

A bold prediction for Switch 2019: Ports of Super Mario Galaxy (1+2) and Super Mario Maker will both be released before the end of the year.
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 is tied with Metroid Prime Trilogy as my #1 most wanted HD remakes on Switch. The latter might be more likely due to Metroid Prime 4 coming since Nintendo did the same thing with Bayonetta. It’s pretty much expected by everyone that we’ll get the first 3 games at some point.

Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 is tied with Metroid Prime Trilogy as my #1 most wanted HD remakes on Switch. The latter might be more likely due to Metroid Prime 4 coming since Nintendo did the same thing with Bayonetta. It’s pretty much expected by everyone that we’ll get the first 3 games at some point.

I'd say they're on equal footing, considering that they released a HD remake of Galaxy 1 for Nividia Shield earlier this year, complete with remapped controls. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Mike S
Ah yes, "user reviews", a totally reliable and not easily gamed system.

Funny thing is everyone I know who got the game is surprised at how good it is.

Almost like most gamers are entitled whiners

For the record: On Amazon US there are about 20 "One Star Reviews", and only 5 of them are "Verified Purchases". So the majority of them are just there to complain because they didn't get what they want.
So people should just shut up and buy it anyway? If people are unhappy they can voice their opinion. Who knows, that review could help someone else who wouldn’t like these changes but haven’t been following the game. Being able to hear from people that don’t like it is a lot better than endless positivity or (sometimes) bought critic reviews. Both systems are easily gamed, don’t pretend otherwise.

So people should just shut up and buy it anyway?

Where did I say that?

If people are unhappy they can voice their opinion. Who knows, that review could help someone else who wouldn’t like these changes but haven’t been following the game. Being able to hear from people that don’t like it is a lot better than endless positivity or (sometimes) bought critic reviews. Both systems are easily gamed, don’t pretend otherwise.

If people didn't buy it, they don't have a leg to stand on reviewing it on Amazon. That's not a representation of a product, it's a representation of a fanboy's angst.

Not if they *didn't buy the game*.
If they already know the details of the game that they don’t like without having to play it, yes it’s still legitimate.

The story of Metroid: Other M is absolute trash. Found that out *before* buying thanks to the “entitled whiners.” Saved me good money.

It’s an opinion, a bad one and not informed. But it is not a review.
If someone knows about changes they don’t like made to a series that they enjoy without having to buy it they can legitimately complain based on their past experiences with the series if things they enjoyed are known to no longer be there. A perfect current example would be Fallout 76.
But see, that's different. That is *actually* bad. Pokemon Let's Go is not a bad game. Full stop. It is not a 1/5 star game.

People are rating it that way because they're entitled whiners throwing a temper tantrum because it's not the game they wanted, even though that game is coming out next year.
When did opinion become fact all of a sudden? If someone feels as strongly about Pokémon as I do Metroid it’s just as legitimate. It’s been brought up before that fans have been disliking casual changes made to the series over time. They have every right to feel as strongly as they do.

Me? I don’t really care. It doesn’t seem like my kind of game if it’s really so easy. I’m seeing if next year’s game can finally get me back in after leaving in Gen 4.

If someone knows about changes they don’t like made to a series that they enjoy without having to buy it they can legitimately complain based on their past experiences with the series if things they enjoyed are known to no longer be there. A perfect current example would be Fallout 76.

When did opinion become fact all of a sudden? If someone feels as strongly about Pokémon as I do Metroid it’s just as legitimate. It’s been brought up before that fans have been disliking casual changes made to the series over time. They have every right to feel as strongly as they do.

Me? I don’t really care. It doesn’t seem like my kind of game if it’s really so easy. I’m seeing if next year’s game can finally get me back in after leaving in Gen 4.

It's a SIDE GAME. They're getting their core game next year. That's the problem. They're miserable entitled whiners.

I've played every core game. They haven't changed. I've just gotten older and things are easier.

So you really saying Sun and Moon tutorial didn't overly simplify the game as well as the earlier access to Exp Share which made it to where you had to grind way less than those did back in our day of Pokémon Yellow where you were at least level 30 before you got it.

THATS STILL NOT A REVIEW.

Reactions: captainmoch