Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn’t he already design the AHS Asylum Maze last year? I could’ve sworn he said that one maze was pulled and we already know that AHS was originally on last year’s lineup

I know im late. But I saw someone mention "white whale" having something to do with the colors black and white. Classic Universal monsters were black and white. I see murdy doing another Universal classic monsters 2. But the twist is they can go the orlando route like the dead exposure uv maze they did this year
The black and white relating to white whale was just me alluding to Twilight Zone being thrown around as a rumor.

Reactions: chris.g
Invisible Man, is already a beautiful scene that uses UV to a new and exciting form for Universal Hollywood. They don't need to make the entire maze that.
New and exciting?! Haven't they been using this in a maze from 2011 and onward? For sure 2014 in Clowns, but I remember all the way back in the first Alice Cooper iteration them doing some fun things with it, which I think was spawned by them testing with it in 2010 for HOTC.

I wish. I was watching Orlando’s 27 AHS House the other day and the Asylum and Coven parts looked awesome

That was the only year I've been to Orlando's HHN, but that was pretty much our favorite maze of that year. The Asylum parts in particular were outstanding. While the Coven parts were good, they didn't get nearly as much space, so that part felt short.

Reactions: horrornights789
That was the only year I've been to Orlando's HHN, but that was pretty much our favorite maze of that year. The Asylum parts in particular were outstanding. While the Coven parts were good, they didn't get nearly as much space, so that part felt short.

Did they do Roanoke better than us? They’re section seemed pretty small but they crammed in all of the characters and the sets matched the show pretty well. Hollywood’s maze was good but was way too Pig Man heavy

It's been a year, but I do seem to recall the Roanoke section was fairly small. In my faded recollection, it was about %50 Aslyum, %30 Coven, %20 Roanoke.

The one that made the biggest impression on me (in a bad way) was their Blumhouse, which was Purge, Sinister, and Insideous. Purge was literally two of the smallest rooms I've ever seen. I was like, why did they even bother at all?

Another "bad" trend from Orlando is that maybe 1/3 of their mazes have absolutely no facade at all. We all complained about just one here. I'm surprised they don't complain about that more in Orlando (although maybe they do, I don't visit their thread very often since I'm generally not there).

Another "bad" trend from Orlando is that maybe 1/3 of their mazes have absolutely no facade at all. We all complained about just one here. I'm surprised they don't complain about that more in Orlando (although maybe they do, I don't visit their thread very often since I'm generally not there).

Here’s the thing, what you thought wasn’t a facade if I recall (as in Soundstages didn’t have a facade outside of them), is a facade to us. It’s just inside. The SoundStage is the “entrance”.

I guess, I but I also have no memory of a facade for Hive (a tent maze) or Saw (in a soundstage, but no facade I can recall, even inside--if my memory serves, you entered the soundstage and the maze just began out of nowhere), and Blumhouse was just a big graphic tarp--I don't really count that as a facade. It's just a giant sign that you happen to walk through to get to the maze.

That's 3 out of 9, or 1/3.

Hive had a Marquee outside the tent for it if I'm not mistaken..as for Saw, *Shrug*.

Roanoke, AvP and Black Sabbath have been examples to where the main facade, was within the maze itself (even if AHS had the signage outside the maze for USH). USH, didn't even try to do a facade in the soundstage (even though they could've easily done the logo if they wanted too) for Stranger Things.

As far as Orlando..unless you are the tents, they keep the big facades as part of the first scene in the maze; if I'm not mistaken. That was how it was done for Carnival, Scary Tales, Polt, Trick r' Treat and other houses for Orlando this year.

Trust me, I want facades in front of the houses as much as you all do, but I would rather have an excellent house with no facade than an okay or even good house with a facade.

It’s just a shame that ST was okay and had no facade. To be fair none of the events had a facade for their ST house.

Reactions: HHNManics
Trust me, I want facades in front of the houses as much as you all do, but I would rather have an excellent house with no facade than an okay or even good house with a facade.

It’s just a shame that ST was okay and had no facade. To be fair none of the events had a facade for their ST house.

I mean, it could've been just a Marquee like how Singapore had one of a neon sign outside of the maze. And then that, could've easily worked for HHN.

I know most of us know this already, but at least it helps really reinforce why it's not in the foreseeable future during our speculation months here and knock down temptation to give into conspiracy thinking about the possibility of it coming. That and hopefully it'll kill off requests from GA people on Twitter for demanding it, at least a bit.

I know most of us know this already, but at least it helps really reinforce why it's not in the foreseeable future during our speculation months here and knock down temptation to give into conspiracy thinking about the possibility of it coming. That and hopefully it'll kill of requests from GA people on Twitter for demanding it, at least a bit.

Gotta say, I'm loving this new era of Murdy just being straight and saying certain highly-sought properties aren't on the docket. Previous years it felt like those poor people who didn't know about the leaked lineups were being strung along for the ride and exploded whenever it wasn't something like IT or the Conjuring. I understand that he can't do it for every property (that would take the fun out of speculation), but for highly-requested ones like Scream, it's so refreshing.

Last edited: