Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would get the vibe if Hill House comes, it'd be a simple facade or none at all.

I do hope ST (as that should return) gets something like the Orlando scene of the logo. Or at-least, something like Singapore's neon sign.

Reactions: chris.g
Anyone catch this?

Jordan Peele's 'Candyman' Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release! - Bloody Disgusting

Candyman would be such an awesome curveball. They could have the scene where Helen listens to Candyman's legend, then through Cabrini-Greene with all the crazy graffiti and the asylum, plus Candyman's lair and the mirror scene. They could do some neat stuff with the bee-hive imagery too (like AHS Cult but with subtler politics).

Anyone catch this?

Jordan Peele's 'Candyman' Confirmed and Set for 2020 Release! - Bloody Disgusting

Candyman would be such an awesome curveball. They could have the scene where Helen listens to Candyman's legend, then through Cabrini-Greene with all the crazy graffiti and the asylum, plus Candyman's lair and the mirror scene. They could do some neat stuff with the bee-hive imagery too (like AHS Cult but with subtler politics).
It is coming out in June 12th 2020 so I wouldn't expect this year with the release date being that late.

I know im late. But I saw someone mention "white whale" having something to do with the colors black and white. Classic Universal monsters were black and white. I see murdy doing another Universal classic monsters 2. But the twist is they can go the orlando route like the dead exposure uv maze they did this year

If Universal Monsters returns, I would highly suggest that people shouldn't look to see something like that happening.

Invisible Man, is already a beautiful scene that uses UV to a new and exciting form for Universal Hollywood. They don't need to make the entire maze that.

If anything, the only two major additions I'd suspect, is Gilman from Black Lagoon making an appearance in a particular scene, and Nosferatu.

Last edited:
Murdy said he designed and cut a bunch of scenes for UCM.. I wonder what else was left on the cutting room floor..

Part of me thinks that the masquerade scarezone was partially made up of scenes that were supposed to be in the maze (eg Red Death phantom was in the original House of Horrors maze + hunchback was the original classic monster). If the maze ends up changing location, the stuff from the scarezone could be mixed in.

I also feel like Dracula was originally going to have a higher presence in the maze (Renfield crammed into the Mummy's room made sense, but I couldn't help but feel like he once had his own little room). Probably they could just fill in the little black spaces in the maze, like the wolf transition and the little section right after the hanging bodies.

Maybe just a little more theming for Phantom's sewer? That felt like the most fleshed out part of the maze, but it might be cool to see a few extra props in their like his weird coffin bed from the movie. With Poltergeist not coming back, they could recycle one of the coffins as the bed. Plus a few masked phantoms thrown in the mix. Iunno, I just really love Phantom.

Creature from the Black Lagoon is a given.

So The Shining is the obvious red herring here, but I can’t think of any other potential properties he could be referring to. Any guesses?

Attachments

• C61D6F02-A59E-43D1-837F-68FFFDFF50E5.jpeg
    C61D6F02-A59E-43D1-837F-68FFFDFF50E5.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 29
So The Shining is the obvious red herring here, but I can’t think of any other potential properties he could be referring to. Any guesses?
Doctor Sleep? I thought it was coming out in 2020? Or maybe Hill House...it's a stretch but there are some 70's aesthetics (though it's the early 80's) and Al Bowlly performed with Ray Noble who put out a song called "Haunted House" with Al Bowlly as the vocalist.

Anyone catch this?

If you think a Jordan Peele Candyman is going to be politically subtle, best to have at least tone more think. :)

Reactions: rageofthegods
I know I was in the minority, but I enjoyed Cult, other than the liberties taken with the Zodiac story.

No, I enjoyed the season overall too, especially the first half. I thought it had a very solid mystery and some neat creature designs, and that episode set on election night with Kai recruiting his followers is one of my favorites in the series.

I thought the second half petered out a bit, though crazy Kai is still alot of fun.