Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland's 3rd Park Rumor Discussion

Do you guys think Disneyland will build a thread gate park in the Future
Honestly, there is a good chance, but I don’t think it would be near the current parks. There isn’t any space left!

They seem to really want to avoid this option though. I’m pretty sure the rides per park at DLR are larger than any other resort.

The only two possible locations that they could build a 3rd gate are the Toy Story/CM Parking lot, or Angel Stadium. We'll have to see how Disney chooses to develop the lot originally intended for the Eastern Gateway parking structure then we'll probably have a better idea what the long term plans are.

I have my doubts Anaheim will get a 3rd gate until DCA's attendance actually starts to match DLR's... and who knows if that will ever happen.

IMO, Disney needs to work on making California Adventure a better 2nd Park before they can even start considering making a 3rd gate, unless they want to do a water park.

Btw, are we sure there isn’t a thread already for this.

Disneyland Resort isn't Orlando, it's in Anaheim in Orange County, situated near hotels, fast food places, convenience stores, and the like at least when I visited OC for DL resort for a while and two weeks ago. That's why Walt Disney himself regretted the fact he should have bought more land in Anaheim, as local residents and owners bought hundreds of acres and built convenience stores, retail shops, and restaurants near Disneyland (at the time, Anaheim was filled with orange groves, not anymore though). I don't think there will be a 3rd theme park ever at Disneyland Resort, unless you want to tear down the hotels and restaurants nearby, which I doubt the owners would go along with the decision.

I would argue there could've been a chance, if Disney didn't get themselves into trouble on the original Eastern Gateway structure.

Now? I think it's chances of happening have been lowered drastically, atleast, until Anaheim and Disney find some way to make amends for that hellhole of a situation.

The only two possible locations that they could build a 3rd gate are the Toy Story/CM Parking lot, or Angel Stadium. We'll have to see how Disney chooses to develop the lot originally intended for the Eastern Gateway parking structure then we'll probably have a better idea what the long term plans are.
From what i've heard from insiders, Disney still wants to do the Eastern gateway. Their plan is to hope the midterm elections go their way and people will be put in there that will be willing to vote DL's way...

OR

Even with the new garage currently being built, parking is likely to be a nightmare. If the elections don't go their way, their play then becomes to play the blame game ("We presented a fully thought out plan and you rejected us and look what happened")

I could see this happening in the coming decade, but I agree with the sentiment that they need to improve DCA first (which *would* help with crowd flow, if done right). The larger problem, in my view, is that DCA is all over the place in terms of execution as far as I see it, so I’m not sure the idea of a third gate excites me as much as it should.

I’m also not sure the kind of metrics they look at to consider Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, and the Marvel-themed area as successes, but if they’re pleased with their results, I could see a park made of primarily IP-centric lands in the cards.

:eek:O:

I could see this happening in the coming decade, but I agree with the sentiment that they need to improve DCA first (which *would* help with crowd flow, if done right). The larger problem, in my view, is that DCA is all over the place in terms of execution as far as I see it, so I’m not sure the idea of a third gate excites me as much as it should.

I’m also not sure the kind of metrics they look at to consider Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, and the Marvel-themed area as successes, but if they’re pleased with their results, I could see a park made of primarily IP-centric lands in the cards.

Honestly, I do think it may be possible..but it's not going to happen anytime soon. And if anything, why would they want to do it right now; when DL and DCA are both in need of attention? On-top of that, Anaheim and Disney weren't (not sure to how it is now..) on the best of terms.