Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of ice.....If some of the southerns here want to see some snow and ice there's potential for a historic snow storm in the N Carolina. I'm a weather buff, I get excited by these things!

DtsjynkW4AA1539.jpg

Another new Intamin LSM coaster with gaps between each set of magnets. Seems like it's just something that they're doing on most/all of their coasters now. There doesn't seem to be much of an effect on the launch, although the gaps on this are smaller and it's hard to tell from just a POV. I don't think the spacing will have much of an impact on how the launch feels (if any), but we'll just have to wait and see.

Another new Intamin LSM coaster with gaps between each set of magnets. Seems like it's just something that they're doing on most/all of their coasters now. There doesn't seem to be much of an effect on the launch, although the gaps on this are smaller and it's hard to tell from just a POV. I don't think the spacing will have much of an impact on how the launch feels (if any), but we'll just have to wait and see.

The only other thing I could think of was to replicate how a motorcycle would accelerate with quick gear changes.

Speaking of ice.....If some of the southerns here want to see some snow and ice there's potential for a historic snow storm in the N Carolina. I'm a weather buff, I get excited by these things!

DtsjynkW4AA1539.jpg
Since you're a weather buff, I know two forums you might enjoy, especially since you're in the NYC Metro Area! though you might already know about them

Since you're a weather buff, I know two forums you might enjoy, especially since you're in the NYC Metro Area! though you might already know about them

I am on American Weather and 33andrain quite often! 33andrain is fairly new but an amazing site with many meteorologists and weather experts. Let me know about the ones you like please.

The train will be bigger than the gaps so it shouldn't make any difference unless each train only has one magnet/point of contact.

made an unexpected quick, one day trip to UoR. Not much to see whilst running around....

View attachment 8481 View attachment 8482

Looks like paper mache.

Mad dog probably sporting the flips as we speak.
I had to change the route home, hug the east coast, and take the forever long I95 through DC. We left early enough and the bad stuff hit our traveled areas a few hours after we drove through. Our normal fast route home via I77 in western North Carolina, western Virginia mountains and WV mountains got buried. If we would have tried that route, we'd still be stranded somewhere in the mountains, 4 wheel drive not withstanding.

I find it so odd that they would put that poly tarp on the roof and just leave it with unfinished wood sticking out. I can’t imagine that material is designed to lay out in the Florida sun and rain for extended periods. It’s as if the final roofing isn’t ready or has issues.

I find it so odd that they would put that poly tarp on the roof and just leave it with unfinished wood sticking out. I can’t imagine that material is designed to lay out in the Florida sun and rain for extended periods. It’s as if the final roofing isn’t ready or has issues.
I agree. Everything was moving along with that structure and then they got half way done with the polystick and abandoned it for like 2 weeks it seems like

Status
Not open for further replies.