Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING! I'm hearing the games will not be demolished, instead are being removed intact! No clue if that means they will show up elsewhere in Jurassic Park, in another land like across from the other Toon Lagoon games, or just left backstage for the time being. That is all.
Damn. :(

I understand those who like them, I get it. I just think the wider the walkways and the less opportunity to get distracted/slow traffic by looking at or wanting to play games, the better.

Although if those are gone and the travel booth is gone (thank the Gods) and raptor encounter just around the bend, they have an opportunity to completely rework that area.

Damn. :(

I understand those who like them, I get it. I just think the wider the walkways and the less opportunity to get distracted/slow traffic by looking at or wanting to play games, the better.

Although if those are gone and the travel booth is gone (thank the Gods) and raptor encounter just around the bend, they have an opportunity to completely rework that area.
I remember that area being a lot easier to navigate through back in the day....I'm hoping they put the electric fences back someday...It really added life to the park making it feel like you were actually in JP

If they do decide to make the land into JW (the trademark for Camp Cretaceous leans that way) will we see any changes to the DC outside of a name swap on the sign?

Reactions: Magic-Man
But how will guests know about Blue Man Group! (In Oct we walked past this with Mike and Ann and there was a dude pushing dinging plan hard, super uncomfortable)

I'm guessing never as they'll be removed.

Anyway.....

Potter & T2: 2019
JP Coaster/VB?: 2020
USF?/??: 2021
Fantastic Worlds: 2022
USF/??: 2021

Pokemon?

If they do decide to make the land into JW (the trademark for Camp Cretaceous leans that way) will we see any changes to the DC outside of a name swap on the sign?

Honestly, I could see the coaster being as if a "Phase One" of a Jurassic revamp, with perhaps "Phase Two" being the 2021 addition for Islands, if Universal wants to have something there to help spread crowds for the plausible Kidzone replacement of Pokemon.

Reactions: Quint
I made this to highlight the track long ago, seems it may be relevant again...

PteranodonPath.png

I think 2 or 3 raptors in the line like this image would be great. Keep them well away from prying hands, a similar distance to the floating avatar body in the Flight of Passage line.

View attachment 8627

I would expect something similar to this in the queue or in the "pre-show" building.

I think @Alicia or @RollermanDan can correct me, but I thought people were more saying, that it'd replace a portion of the original extended queue for River Adventure (at-least, during the time of the coaster project being in the work physically).

From what I'm seeing, they will have a permanent home on behind the pizza place / next to JPRA. Entrance for the raptor encounter would be just to the right of JPRA as see in the image at the bottom of this post.

A bigger raptor encounter and a coaster on a relatively small plot of land just seems unlikely.

Plenty of land, promise.

Pretty good, but that taller section has to go about 30-40 ft. to the left.

Surprisingly no. I believe it will remain open, however, the coaster entrance may be down there with extended queue taking up some of the lower waterfront area on left side.

It'll be down there unless plans have changed.

More dominoes will be falling soon.

Bye, Bye, Bye.....pass.

Was to close on the 14th of this month (few days from now) but I'm hearing it might not be that exact date. Very soon though :).

BREAKING! I'm hearing the games will not be demolished, instead are being removed intact! No clue if that means they will show up elsewhere in Jurassic Park, in another land like across from the other Toon Lagoon games, or just left backstage for the time being. That is all.

We had in our update months ago the location of the "new" games area would be just in front of the Discovery Center. While I'm not sure if the exact ones that just closed will be moving or whether we will see brand new ones be constructed, but they'll be there.

Now, will we enter the Raptor Encounter via the River Adventure entrance, or will it have it's own separate entrance like it does now?
:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 404
I would expect something similar to this in the queue or in the "pre-show" building.

From what I'm seeing, they will have a permanent home on behind the pizza place / next to JPRA. Entrance for the raptor encounter would be just to the right of JPRA as see in the image at the bottom of this post.

Plenty of land, promise.

Was to close on the 14th of this month (few days from now) but I'm hearing it might not be that exact date. Very soon though :).

We had in our update months ago the location of the "new" games area would be just in front of the Discovery Center. While I'm not sure if the exact ones that just closed will be moving or whether we will see brand new ones be constructed, but they'll be there.

Thanks for all this information.

Thanks!

That spot where you have the games marked is current closed to the public and has been since I think Potter opened, will be great to see it opened back up!

Also, @Alicia, does this project require the removal of the Island Skipper Tours queue and dock?

Plenty of land, promise.

*rubs chin*

Attraction entrance off the lagoon?

Also, @Alicia, does this project require the removal of the Island Skipper Tours queue and dock?
No clue, only demo permits I've seen are for the Triceratops trail and surrounding areas. If so, it'll be permitted differently, or a separate phase. They may be focusing on where the ride starts/ends first, and then move on to that section.

*rubs chin*

Attraction entrance off the lagoon?
That's correct. Shocking, but correct. I mentioned it yesterday too.
Surprisingly no. I believe it will remain open, however, the coaster entrance may be down there with extended queue taking up some of the lower waterfront area on left side.

No clue, only demo permits I've seen are for the Triceratops trail and surrounding areas. If so, it'll be permitted differently, or a separate phase. They may be focusing on where the ride starts/ends first, and then move on to that section.

That's correct. Shocking, but correct. I mentioned it yesterday too.
Wow, if the DC remains open and they don't obstruct the view they could sell tickets to this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.