Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can already see/hear Hulk and MSHI, see Suess, see Toon Lagoon, and see the tropical jungles of JP from the same patio that’s supposed to be in Scotland, so sorry if I don’t buy the immersion ruining coaster addition.
So because of those things further in the distance, put something much closer in as well and make things potentially worse.

Sound logic.

If only that were the way they operated. However, they simultaneously planned for both USH and UO when they designed Kong and Fast 360. So.......

And to bring this up...

an early rumor I got in the day's of 2017, were that this project was for both the two coasts.

It's probably coming, and it should be a bit better than quite a lot of people are thinking.

And to bring this up...

an early rumor I got in the day's of 2017, were that this project was for both the two coasts.

It's probably coming, and it should be a bit better than quite a lot of people are thinking.
I was told the same thing in 2014. Something that we as fans don't consider is how much lead time is required for these projects.

Jurassic Park land is in a tough spot to expand like I said if they were going to expand something from WWOHP would have to leave and Reign Of Kong would have to leave. So since that’s not happening Jurassic World should move over to the fourth gate. People keep saying their should be 2 JP themed lands in both parks. But potter has 2 lands in both parks and could have 3 with FB. Sorry I think Kong would’ve been better off in Lost Continent as a few people suggested. The timing was a little off bring Kong into IOA. Call me crazy. But a gyrosphere ride had plenty of room in Kong’s space or a mossasaurus show unless you save him for a river adventure overhaul.

So, with all the rumors, it seems this coaster is based upon this scene:

PxSffKL.gif

If they really go this route, they should end the ride with an Indominus Rex - it would help make up for the minimal theming. Also, "Hunt for the Indominus Rex" would make a great ride name, if not a bit long.

So, with all the rumors, it seems this coaster is based upon this scene:

PxSffKL.gif

If they really go this route, they should end the ride with an Indominus Rex - it would help make up for the minimal theming. Also, "Hunt for the Indominus Rex" would make a great ride name, if not a bit long.

Considering the I-Rex's role in the River Adventure revamp for Hollywood, I would assume if the Indominus is mentioned; it would only be in passing for the Raptor.

Do you guys actually forget about paying hundreds of dollars to get in and dealing with the crowds or is that just hyperbole?

Inland is immersive, while the coastline has always had views of the other lands (which I like looking over). It's still a themepark, just have fun while your there guys.

My logic is “I’m getting a cool new coaster that I will ride and enjoy 10x more than I will every worry about sightlines and noise on a restaurant patio”.
Mine is “if this is all they could do in JP, maybe they should’ve done a big addition elsewhere in the park for the same timeframe. There’s no shortage of possible candidates when it comes to land.”

I mean Raptor Hunt is probably going to happen so let’s just prepare ourselves now. I’m just wondering if the story is- this is a coaster inside of JW or we are riding the animal a la DC. Oh well I’m always down for an Intamin launch.

Mine is “if this is all they could do in JP, maybe they should’ve done a big addition elsewhere in the park for the same timeframe. There’s no shortage of possible candidates when it comes to land.”

We don’t get to make those calls. I’m not gonna whine and moan when I get a new ride that should be very good

If this coaster is going to be themed from that scene in Jurassic World then yes please transform the current JP land into JW. Where does all other future JW attractions go though once the land transformation is done? Something next door has to be torn down. I’d put the mossasaur in the updated river adventure and the I-Rex. Maybe put in the indo raptor as another attraction or put him when you go up the lift hill in the JP building. Wouldn’t a museum scene be necessary for the Indo Raptor though? It is the last created hybrid of the franchise.

Whilst maybe not the thread for it, I’m more than surprised Universal still haven’t invested in Family dark rides. Maybe SLoP will come to the other park soon? Seems to be a whole lot going on at IOA meanwhile the Studios are in a pretty poor state (in my opinion)

Does anyone think going by the layout this could be a fairly short coaster? I understand they are working with a limited space and I'm grateful for another coaster in the park. Just wondering how long it will last considering we're expecting it to reach 70-odd mph?

Status
Not open for further replies.