Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll reiterate what I've said before. I don't 'personally' like unthemed steel coasters messing up the sight lines in a real theme park. But I do understand Universal's reasoning to put this coaster in. It's a good business decision on their part. It will satisfy their thrill demographic, balance out the resort, pull in that thrill demo for attendance, and also pull in the locals for attendance. And, it's an answer to the too many screen attractions complaints of it's USF neighbor park. I'd make the same decision if I was in their position, even though I don't personally care for it. It's not personal, it's business.

Kinda surprised people are actually talking/worried about sight lines in Jurassic Park with the addition of this coaster. JP was already destroyed when they added Potter and Kong years ago. At this point it doesn’t really matter what they do.

I'll reiterate what I've said before. I don't 'personally' like unthemed steel coasters messing up the sight lines in a real theme park. But I do understand Universal's reasoning to put this coaster in. It's a good business decision on their part. It will satisfy their thrill demographic, balance out the resort, pull in that thrill demo for attendance, and also pull in the locals for attendance. And, it's an answer to the too many screen attractions complaints of it's USF neighbor park. I'd make the same decision if I was in their position, even though I don't personally care for it. It's not personal, it's business.
Exactly! This is a great add that will satisfy the thrill seekers that feel cheated by the loss of Dragon Challenge. While they're at it, I'm sure they'll give some love to the whole land as well.

That is... compact.

I had hoped that the track would only make a single pass in front of the DC, but it looks like that is not the case. I'm not sure how to feel about all of this. I think it's strange that they're building what might be their most highly themed coaster ever just next door, only to build a not-so-themed, potential eyesore of a coaster right after.

Does anybody else think they will eventually change the Discovery Center exterior to the Pyramid shaped building in JW? Or do you think Universal will cheap out and put a coat of blue paint and call it a day? Interior wise I’m sure that will get updated. It’s painfully outdated in there.

0E4C506D4795F14AA4E4381D15E4B73FA17D70BA

That is... compact.

I had hoped that the track would only make a single pass in front of the DC, but it looks like that is not the case. I'm not sure how to feel about all of this. I think it's strange that they're building what might be their most highly themed coaster ever just next door, only to build a not-so-themed, potential eyesore of a coaster right after.
Welcome to my world. One step forward, two steps back.

Does anybody else think they will eventually change the Discovery Center exterior to the Pyramid shaped building in JW? Or do you think Universal will cheap out and put a coat of blue paint and call it a day? Interior wise I’m sure that will get updated. It’s painfully outdated in there.

Changing the exterior would be a MAJOR mistake. I think the JW design is, frankly, pretty ugly and uninteresting.

Interior redesign? Have at it.

Keep in mind, Patents don't indicate if they're directly for a particular set IP or not. And that, Patents can and would, potentially just not be used.

Remember the X-Wing patents Disney filed back in the day?
The X Wing vs. Tie Fighter coaster? That wasn’t Disney. It was someone just drawing up a concept fully knowing it was way too ambitious to ever actually be feasible for anyone to build.

Changing the exterior would be a MAJOR mistake. I think the JW design is, frankly, pretty ugly and uninteresting.

Interior redesign? Have at it.
I don’t agree. If there going to change to JW then they should go all out. As for it being ugly well that’s all subjective.

I doubt they’ll rebuild the outside, and I don’t think it’s needed. I hope they gut the inside

That is... compact.

Well if it goes out it's got to come back. Going around the DC would be more intrusive, this way keeps inland more immersive.

The potential for future Jurassic World attractions in IOA looks like is pretty non existent right now. The new coaster will be a nice addition to the land. Perhaps a river adventure makeover. I think new dinos from JW should be added into the discovery center. But in terms of JW expansion in IOA it’s pretty much a dead end.

The potential for future Jurassic World attractions in IOA looks like is pretty non existent right now. The new coaster will be a nice addition to the land. Perhaps a river adventure makeover. I think new dinos from JW should be added into the discovery center. But in terms of JW expansion in IOA it’s pretty much a dead end.
They can also add an I-Rex statue and Gyrospehere for a Photo-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.