Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that kills me is people act like hippogriff isn't a bare coaster with people screaming on it right in front of the damn castle already lol. The coaster is probably not going to intrude hogsmeade visually at all unless you're like someone said earlier, on the back porch. I dont understand the confusion because universal markets themselves on growing up and being bolder, you cant do that with family rides all over the place soooooo..... yeah, what's the problem:shrug:. Thrill is their
m o and this coaster is going to bring in crowds and it might even break records. These types of attractions separate them from kidsney, they have to have their own draw.

My guess is JPRA goes down in August for retheme reopening about the same time this coaster is ready. The Potter Coaster will be open by then to make up the capacity hit.

If it's handled in a similar way to Hollywood, and if both the coaster and Project Raptor go online at the same time..then I would assume they'd aim to close it either after Labor Day, or after HHN.

My guess is JPRA goes down in August for retheme reopening about the same time this coaster is ready. The Potter Coaster will be open by then to make up the capacity hit.
That would be kinda wild, as the Jurassic section of the park will be an awkward long lull.

I suppose some careful redirection can bring guests to Flyers, Camp Jurassic, Raptor Encounter, and then the DC in a streamlined way?

That would be kinda wild, as the Jurassic section of the park will be an awkward long lull.

I suppose some careful redirection can bring guests to Flyers, Camp Jurassic, Raptor Encounter, and then the DC in a streamlined way?
We had heard early last summer that JPRA (see posts from then) that it was to close at the end of August 2018 in Orlando also. Seems like everything got pushed back a year.

The thing that kills me is people act like hippogriff isn't a bare coaster with people screaming on it right in front of the damn castle already lol. The coaster is probably not going to intrude hogsmeade visually at all unless you're like someone said earlier, on the back porch. I dont understand the confusion because universal markets themselves on growing up and being bolder, you cant do that with family rides all over the place soooooo..... yeah, what's the problem:shrug:. Thrill is their
m o and this coaster is going to bring in crowds and it might even break records. These types of attractions separate them from kidsney, they have to have their own draw.
The type of thrilling rides I think of for a theme park like Universal are Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, The Mummy, Jurassic Park, Popeye, etc. All thrilling in their own way.

A big bare coaster with no thought of its surroundings? Six Flags. I know as I’ve been to one.

And Hippogriff isn’t a big coaster so not as big of a problem. There’s also a ton of trees around it.

The type of thrilling rides I think of for a theme park like Universal are Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, The Mummy, Jurassic Park, Popeye, etc. All thrilling in their own way.

A big bare coaster with no thought of its surroundings? Six Flags. I know as I’ve been to one.

And Hippogriff isn’t a big coaster so not as big of a problem. There’s also a ton of trees around it.
And all of those you just mentioned besides jurassic maybe, can somewhat be matched at disney, the big thrills like their coaster's which are lightly themed, mixed with their simulators gives them a little edge that disney doesn't have. People want to ride hulk and rrr when they come to orlando as well, and imo universal has disney beat when it comes to rides and people are mad about it.

Last edited:
And all of those you just mentioned besides jurrasic maybe, can somewhat be matched at disney, the big thrills like their coaster's which are lightly themed, mixed with their simulators gives them a little edge that disney doesn't have. People want to ride hulk and rrr when they come to orlando as well, and imo universal has disney beat when it comes to rides and people are mad about it.
If they have Disney beat shouldn’t they have more attendance?

If they have Disney beat shouldn’t they have more attendance?
Universal has disney beat on rides, there's much more that Disney has to offer than universal though, and plus disney is iconic they will always have more attendance i believe but that does not mean they have better rides by any means.

Universal has disney beat on rides, there's much more that Disney has to offer than universal though, and plus disney is iconic they will always have more attendance i believe but that does not mean they have better rides by any means.
giphy.gif

Especially after current expansions are done. More to offer plus plenty that are of the same quality. Though it’s really just numbers. Both of their bests are pretty equal imo. One just has more.

giphy.gif

Especially after current expansions are done. More to offer plus plenty that are of the same quality. Though it’s really just numbers. Both of their bests are pretty equal imo. One just has more.
Yeah disney is definitely catching up with ride quality, we know why :grin:

Unpopular opinion: I’m more excited for the Raptor coaster then the HP family coaster.
I honestly think the harry potter coaster is going to be something people have to see when in orlando honestly. But i also love to go fast!! I just hope it is they do market it as the fastest coaster in florida, I just like the way it sounds:grin:

I honestly think the harry potter coaster is going to be something people have to see when in orlando honestly. But i also love to go fast!! I just hope it is they do market it as the fastest coaster in florida, I just like the way it sounds:grin:

I’m just sick and tired of Potter. I grew up with the franchise. Read all the books. Saw all the films in theaters. Visited the HP lands when they first opened. I’m even around the same age as the main 3 actors. I think I can safely say I was big fan back in the day. But my enthusiasm for the franchise has worn out. I haven’t even seen either of the Fantastic Beast films and I have no interest in riding the family coaster when it first opens. I have no problem waiting. Having said that I do think the ride will be phenomenal and a game changer for Uni. I’m just older now and seeking more thrills.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.