Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attraction With a Female Lead - When Will It Happen?

Mike is abrasive and condescending.

But to be fair, when you say something like”media is trending in the right direction” or “proper representation”that I quoted above, that is about as cut and dry SJW as you can get.
Not everyone who passively talks about progressive viewpoints is an SJW. That's just an attempt to use SJW as an insult against liberals.

I have said several pro-business/anti-progressive things, such as the fact that I believe Universal will (and should) continue to do what is going to make them the most money.

Last edited:
Not everyone who passively talks about progressive viewpoints is an SJW. That's just an attempt to use SJW as an insult against liberals.

I have said several pro-business/anti-progressive things, such as the fact that I believe Universal will (and should) continue to do what is going to make them the most money.
Here’s the thing, does it really matter? No, it doesn’t matter what gender someone is. But why would anyone try to favor a certain group of people is what I don’t understand, and why people would do it.

I wonder if Chinese people are triggered over the fact that none of their rides in Singapore have Asian people. They don’t care. You know why? Because they don’t waste their time on nonsense like this.

Why this is celebrated by some people, I just can’t understand. No one should support this nonsense. It should be shouted down in the same vein as a blatantly racist comment.

Equality of outcome is immoral and is terrible for a society.

Here’s the thing, does it really matter? No, it doesn’t matter what gender someone is. But why would anyone try to favor a certain group of people is what I don’t understand, and why people would do it.
Businesses care.

It's funny to see how defensive everyone is getting over a very reasonable question. I could have asked another demographic related question, "what kid-friendly attractions should replace KidZone?" (as is already being discussed), and we wouldn't have a dozen people saying "Market the rides to all age groups! Stop considering age!"
Why this is celebrated by some people, I just can’t understand. No one should support this nonsense. It should be shouted down in the same vein as a blatantly racist comment.

Equality of outcome is immoral and is terrible for a society.
The entertainment industry does not represent society as a whole. They're obviously doing this for positive PR.

It's actually illegal (normally) to make hiring decisions on the basis of sex, so the law already mostly protects your viewpoint.
I wonder if Chinese people are triggered over the fact that none of their rides in Singapore have Asian people. They don’t care. You know why? Because they don’t waste their time on nonsense like this.
1) People from Singapore are called Singaporeans.
2) Singaporeans are different than Americans. Americans like my parents are more prone to watching a movie starring white Americans than a movie starring a non-American.
3) Companies/organizations (including political campaigns, like Trump) spend billions of dollars to research and market based on demographics, not because they are wasting money, but because they know what works. You might want to live in a world where we ignore all demographics, but you have to admit it's is not the world we live in.

Last edited:
It's frankly a pittance. They're committing to hiring ONE (1) female director in the next 18 months.

Think about that. That's insane.

Businesses care.

It's funny to see how defensive everyone is getting over a very reasonable question. I could have asked another demographic related question, "what kid-friendly attractions should replace KidZone?" (as is already being discussed), and we wouldn't have a dozen people saying "Market the rides to all age groups! Stop considering age!"
Apples and oranges. If the question was “should Universal look into more girl-focused IPs to increase and expand their attendance to cater towards more females”, then I can get on board with you.

But it’s not strictly business with you. Unless you want to go back on your “proper representation” statement. In particular “proper” (whatever ratio proper is for you).

It's actually illegal (normally) to make hiring decisions on the basis of sex, so the law already mostly protects your viewpoint.
And yet it’s socially acceptable to say “right on”, “about time”, etc.
And you have to be timid to say it’s Horse-dung and horrendous to suggest hiring based on sex or race. Absolutely horrendous.
I feel like people are finally waking up to the fact that equality of outcome is one of the worst things you could possibly do. But there’s still that push to make it not sound as dangerous and ludicrous as it is.

1) People from Singapore are called Singaporeans.
Correct. Although to be fair, they are almost all of Chinese descent. And they’re an incredible people- pretty much the “Manifest Destiny Americans” of China. The risk takers and adventurers and they’ve prospered immensely as a result.
Of course this has nothing to do with anything, but Singapore is not only a great place to visit with an airport that is an attraction unto itself. But they’re a great people with a great story. Authoritarian as hell, but still great. :)
Singaporeans are different than Americans. People like my parents are more prone to watching a movie starring white Americans than a movie starring a non-American.
This point I don’t understand. The primary language in Singapore is English and they mainly watch American film.
Are your parents from Singapore? Is that what you’re saying?
(Legit confused here)

Apples and oranges. If the question was “should Universal look into more girl-focused IPs to increase and expand their attendance to cater towards more females”, then I can get on board with you.
Then why don't you focus on that aspect of this conversation? You could have easily said "they could make big bucks with xyz" instead of attacking the societal implications.

Keep in mind, I'm not focused on how many women get hired, I'm specifically talking about IPs/characters. So the "equal outcomes" debate doesn't even make sense here.
This point I don’t understand. The primary language in Singapore is English and they mainly watch American film.
Are your parents from Singapore? Is that what you’re saying?
(Legit confused here)
Unless I'm mistaken, Mike was essentially suggesting that we be more like Singapore and stop caring about demographics. I'm suggesting that it's ingrained in Americans to focus on demographics, and commonly it's white Americans wanting to watch other white Americans.

Edit: fixed typos. For some reason, autocorrect is really wonky on this forum on my Android phone.

Last edited:
Yeah I am not downplaying or discrediting the argument... it's a good thought and I do think society is FINALLY seeing more female led films and franchises .. but Storm is a B.A. put some respect on her name plz. I know it's not an E-Ticket attraction, but it's her ride... her name is in the name of the ride. Plus don't they have random audio clips of her saying stuff or am I just imagining that.

Just found this thread... sounds like we need to wait for EU and someone's granddaughter for this, but, glad we're getting it! Bout time frankly lol. Not confirmed but I remember a fun night a few months ago where we seemed to uncover that Frankenstein's Granddaughter is going to be the main character in the Monsters land. Very exciting stuff!

Wasn’t Ellen the lead for Ellen’s Energy Adventure? Ray is also the lead (at least in part) of Rise of the Resistance.

Still though, it isn’t anywhere as common as it should be.
Very true with Ellen.

Rey is only in one of the pre shows to my knowledge. I feel like the only "star" on that attraction is Kylo. Even then idk if id categorize any character in that ride as the star character, truly feels more like an overall team experience. Finn has more to do with you than she does.

Very true with Ellen.

Rey is only in one of the pre shows to my knowledge. I feel like the only "star" on that attraction is Kylo. Even then idk if id categorize any character in that ride as the star character, truly feels more like an overall team experience. Finn has more to do with you than she does.
If anything, I'd say that Lt. Beck is the Lead Character of the attraction.

Interesting topic. A character I’ve always wanted to see in the park is Luna Lovegood, I wish her character would host a Wizarding World attraction. I kind of wish she made an appearance in Hagrid’s.
Oh I wish she did too! A scene with her in the queue would've really worked and added to that queue a bit.