Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 451 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that’s why I dumped it on a podcast rather than running straight to the forums. Y’all have made me afraid to bring bad news up.

Also, for what it’s worth, I’m still awaiting further confirmation. Hopefully the info is wrong. :shrug:

It sucks that you feel that way. Not everything can be positive and you shouldn't feel the need to candy coat it. If anybody is pissed at you for giving bad news, then they need to leave this forum now. We're all grateful for the info you're willing to share and you even go to the effort to portray it in a fun and concise way.

I come here for fun. Ever since F&F, the site largely hasn't been fun. It's just been a constant gnashing of teeth. Exciting things get pages upon pages of complaints. Bad things get dozens of pages upon pages of complaints. I don't care about Universal. I care that this place has become a damn miserable place.

I feel the same, granted I think the past few years haven't been great for the theme parks since Diagon Alley opened but we're now entering a new golden age and I think this coaster will mark the start of it. 2019 - 2023 is going to be a very exciting time.

I hope that they plant tall pines surrounding the spike. Shooting up into the treetops would be exhilarating.

I don't doubt for a second that it won't be. If you try to imagine what you'll see on the track, it seems like every part of the coaster will be self contained with very little visible track.

Not having the spike enclosed might actually be a good thing if the tip if visible across the forest.

You know, I'm reading everything about this ride.. and I'm still not even sure if I'll be riding or not. (not a coaster guy) :afraid:

Don't fully write yourself off quite yet! Are you able to handle any of Disney's big themed coasters? I don't think this is going to be too much more of an extreme experience (in totality) than Everest, say.

So can we talk about "Scene 4" instead of the spike? I figured we'd just be speeding up at Launch 1 and zipping super quickly through the ruins and into the hut without much time for a scene. So are we zipping super quickly past some creatures or what?

New article up with construction photos and specific scene descriptions. I also created an updated track layout (below). I listed the scenes as best I could based on what we know, as well as some newer rumors.

Harry Potter Coaster Construction Update with Scene by Scene Track Layout – Orlando ParkStop

potter-coaster-layout-2019-07.jpg

This is off topic. I collect pins based on places I've visited. Is this a "cool" HP pin for a theme park collection? I'm not a big Potter fan so I have no idea what is symbolic.
P-Golden-Snitch-Pin-1230792.JPG

Giggity.

Lol it looks funny to me only cause of the looping, but yea, I wouldn’t mind something like that.

I've added a tiny delay so it's only a little less ridiculous now.

I doubt we will have a forest that dense. I assume trees will be paced enough to allow maintenance and track replacement in the future.

It obviously won't be as dense as that but the trees surrounding the track should be thick enough to block out the other parts of the coaster and depending on where you could be viewing from, you could have up to 7 or 8 layers of trees and from a low angle.

Realistically, I don't know how visible the spike will even be once the trees are all planted but I fully expect this to look like a legit forest and given how much land Universal have used for this, I think it will look tightly packed.

Reactions: Alicia
QUESTION: If the spike is not going to have a brake, How would the track switch work? you would think that the car would have to be in a locked position before any switch of track happens. Is the switch track prior to launch? so the RV can stop at the launch area in case of switch track malfunctions. If so, I don't like cars running at that speed backwards on the launch station... anything goes wrong and there goes the coaster for a while. (remembering the major damage on Top Thrill Dragster)

Reactions: natespf
QUESTION: If the spike is not going to have a brake, How would the track switch work? you would think that the car would have to be in a locked position before any switch of track happens. Is the switch track prior to launch? so the RV can stop at the launch area in case of switch track malfunctions. If so, I don't like cars running at that speed backwards on the launch station... anything goes wrong and there goes the coaster for a while. (remembering the major damage on Top Thrill Dragster)

There's a break run on the bottom portion of track after the spike but before the track switch, if I'm remembering correctly

There's a break run on the bottom portion of track after the spike but before the track switch, if I'm remembering correctly

I think the launch can also be used as a brake?

I'm all for the no brakes on the spike, it gives a better stomach in your mouth feeling.

Something I've meaning to ask, is the launch sound on Cheetah Hunt added or is this the sound the LSM make?

Sorry to double post and I'm actually almost embarrassed to post this because of how badly done it is but here's what I think the spike could look like.

View attachment 8839
I've been giving this a lot of thought, while reading comments from both sides of the circumstance......I actually prefer the open sky to the former enclosed cavern with spiders. :thumbsup: Seems exciting & spectacular to me, with a hint of danger feeling. And the potential view and experiencing the entire forested area is awesome. I like the probable feel of it. Free as a bird....for a sec or two.

Last edited:

I'm all for the no brakes on the spike, it gives a better stomach in your mouth feeling.

Something I've meaning to ask, is the launch sound on Cheetah Hunt added or is this the sound the LSM make?

I always assumed it was added (or somehow exaggerated) to make it sound like a pouncing cat.

That's their sound...The LIMs(?) launch systems have that high pitched screech....I'm expecting that sound probably on the HP coaster

Reactions: Scott W.
I always assumed it was added (or somehow exaggerated) to make it sound like a pouncing cat.

I was thinking that, I can’t ever remember another launch coaster having that sound and Busch has modified the acoustics of their coasters before with Kumba.

That's their sound...The LIMs(?) launch systems have that high pitched screech....I'm expecting that sound probably on the HP coaster

If it does sound like that, hopefully the on board speakers will drown it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.