Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 455 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few observations:
- To the left the "land next to the track" is very nicely painted and has small bolders on them. It looks great.
- Below that we see a brown colored maintenance path, very nice.
- Universal is planting a tree horizontally. (big fail, this ride is going to suck)

DyW58GAWkAE_pKy.jpg

Last edited:
A few observations:
- To the left the "land next to the track" is very nicely painted and has small bolders on them. It looks great.
- Below that we see a brown colored maintenance path, very nice.
- Universal is planting a tree horizontally. (big fail, this ride is going to suck)

DyW58GAWkAE_pKy.jpg

You never saw the Seuss palms? Now those are some sideways trees :ded:

Something we're all asking, best answer at the moment is 'Summer'.

I'd say we're going to hear something soon though, with how far along the construction is they will have a very good idea of an opening date.
This is the one project I'm not keeping up on so thank you. I'm not getting s new annual pass until after it opens probably.

Reactions: Andysol
Wow, this is all coming together very nicely. Definitely looking forward to what is now my annual fall trip!

Ride looks great. Also the spike being outside is much more thematically nerve-inducing imo. Stalling out in the air makes way more sense on a flying motorbike.

Having been on the defunct Speed: The Ride in Vegas, when you're in the front row and flying up the spike...you have a gradual "Oh crap..." moment when the end of the track get's closer and closer.

Reactions: youhow2 and Ryan
Here a better look at the brown maintenance path. We can also see planting around the small pond and what looks like rocks on the water line and the bottom of the big 3 trees to the upper right of the pond.
The switch area has stairs and something that looks like a door. Does that mean the structure will get higher? Another indication could be the temporary wooden wall part to the left of the track at the back of the coaster train.
At the lower right there are the 3 green boxes and between those boxes and the track there is something being build, it's small...
Great use of the Fluffy grotto. The track in the middle of the pic will only see a small mountain. The track who is going to the hill will get a peak into the grotto.
The grotto will have a double wall with quite a bit of space in between and screams to be a make out place to produce more Team Members. ;)
DyWxVjqWsAA8tKz.jpg

Apparently the cut to the spike building was made very early on. That leads me to believe the choice was made around the same time they realized they didn't need the brakes at the top. So, going with this not being about budget, but rather what they would rather do.

I imagine it's something unique...They seems to be writing their own cannon with this attraction

Right. Familiar visuals with unique presentations and storylines. Almost like an extension of the movies....scenes that you didn't see. It makes sense with Hagrid. He was definitely one of the characters that I feel like they didn't fully flesh out. he has a lot of associations with creatures that we only caught a glimpse of for the most part. Big kudos to Universal/Warner Bros/JK for recognizing a part of Potter World to base an attraction around. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.