Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 460 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand the disconnect here. First off, the land/location is already being added to the new films, paperbacks, and comics. It will be filled with familiar characters and spaceships from the entire universe. The concept is this is "your Star Wars story", not revisiting or rehashing the movies you've seen 100 times. There is nothing "stupid" about it. There is only your own inability to grasp why it makes so much sense.

Can we not do this in this thread?

Can we not do this in this thread?

Sorry, why bring it up in the first place...

I find the obsession on whether the "gatehouse" fits properly within the confines of the story location equally ridiculous considering we are 2 min train ride away from Diagon. There has to be SOME suspension of disbelief in order to make things logistically possible for a theme park to operate.

That’s the golden egg for theme parks. Not only do you get to see all the cool behind the scene stuff, you’re compensated for it.

This coaster has got to be at the top of the list for dream evacs.

I’ve only ever been evacuated off Tower of Terror and it was in the 5th dimension scene.
I'd love to be evacced off of JPRA or MIB.

The 360 screen for F&F is a lot bigger than I thought.. and the motion plates were visible on the ground since the vehicle had begun to move forward out of the main screen room.

Galaxy Edge is just beyond stupid to me when there is no movie location build.
See it as artistic freedom.
;)

Yea, this thread is for arguing about the misplaced locations of Gatehouses, wooden bridges, boathouses, and mysterious Gothic ruins only!

Speaking of gatehouse and this image :

I'm all jumbled up on my pathways. Am I walking, as part of the queue, into that moss covered "gatehouse" in the above picture and then once inside it will actually look like the gatehouse below from the inside?
Or, is the picture above the small entrance gate on the far left BEFORE the bridge below? And then once inside, we see a bridge?
a-model-of-hogwarts-castle-from-the-harry-potter-film-series-is-unveiled-D1ANFR.jpg

I just can't wrap my head around it logistically. If, in fact, it actually is the gatehouse (I still don't see any correlation).

Last edited:
I always applauded Universal for extending the universe and not retelling a movie beat for beat (unlike Disney mainly does). But Galaxy Edge is just beyond stupid to me when there is no movie location build.
I’m no Disney apologist, but I think GE makes perfect since to doing a land nowadays. They can take a bunch of Star Wars things and throw them together in a way that makes sense while still fitting the needs of the theme park and the attractions. Familiar characters and ships can converge there without throwing off the accuracy while giving guests something new and canon to the series. Star Wars takes place in too many different locations to really pick a film location whereas HP mostly takes place in and around the castle grounds.

I’m no Disney apologist, but I think GE makes perfect since to doing a land nowadays. They can take a bunch of Star Wars things and throw them together in a way that makes sense while still fitting the needs of the theme park and the attractions. Familiar characters and ships can converge there without throwing off the accuracy while giving guests something new and canon to the series. Star Wars takes place in too many different locations to really pick a film location whereas HP mostly takes place in and around the castle grounds.

To add to this, Star Wars as a setting is mostly in small spaces that just don’t adapt to the real world.

Harry Potter has these vast areas that translate so well. It’s probably one of the best foundations for a theme park land that I can think of. Add in merchandising and food to that as well.

First time posting in this thread but been watching it for over a year now, really excited about how this is coming along.

The new entrance to the queue building definitely looks like the gatehouse but could it be an entrance to somewhere new? FJ uses a very similar style of arch on a rock face which (I believe) isn't in any of the films or books:
8517740261_09652f23b1_b.jpg

Also re the stables in the turn after the station, anyone else think we'll stop in a semi-circle around some sort of Hagrid/creature AA for a story set up? I'm guessing this will be where we get our 'mission' before something goes inevitably wrong in the circular hut?

That is fine, you like it, I'm disappointed but that's okay.

That moss on the roof actually looks furry... I wonder what new technique they might have used?
From the look of it it's airbrushed. It gives that almost translucence and light feel. Lovely.

First time posting in this thread but been watching it for over a year now, really excited about how this is coming along.

The new entrance to the queue building definitely looks like the gatehouse but could it be an entrance to somewhere new? FJ uses a very similar style of arch on a rock face which (I believe) isn't in any of the films or books:
8517740261_09652f23b1_b.jpg

Also re the stables in the turn after the station, anyone else think we'll stop in a semi-circle around some sort of Hagrid/creature AA for a story set up? I'm guessing this will be where we get our 'mission' before something goes inevitably wrong in the circular hut?

Nice first post! I agree, the architecture is similar throughout the Hogsmeade/Hogwarts area. There could be many entrances to the tunnels under the castle and I would expect some of them to have the same structure.
I don't think we stop at the stables, the AA's (if that is what they are) would look better if we were moved past them at a pace the launched to the rock wall with the banked turn.
In any case I don't care if it is thematically correct. As @rhino4evr posted it takes a bit of suspension of belief to go from a food cart at fear factor into the wizarding world in London so I am good. I can make the leap without getting bent out of shape about it. It's gonna be a hella ride and I can't wait

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.