Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

I'm curious as to what is happening on the left side of that image with the tallest balloon. Especially since Mario Kart is supposed to be on the right side.

I'm curious as to what is happening on the left side of that image with the tallest balloon. Especially since Mario Kart is supposed to be on the right side.

That could be the top of the Princess Peach castle:
super_nintendo_world.0.jpeg

But more likely is that it's the flag pole tower shown below:
super-nintendo-world4.jpg

So what's the entrance to Mario Kart going to be? Peach's Castle or Bowser's? It would be kind of odd and against the general design strategy of having one of those "castle" structures no lead to an attraction. Maybe Peach's Castle is just for show?

So what's the entrance to Mario Kart going to be? Peach's Castle or Bowser's? It would be kind of odd and against the general design strategy of having one of those "castle" structures no lead to an attraction. Maybe Peach's Castle is just for show?

I think the plan is for you to enter SNW out of the warp pipe and through Peaches castle.

MK entrance is probably through Bowsers. Bare in mind that this artwork was released for Japan. In Hollywood it will probably be different in layout but with similar elements.

I think the plan is for you to enter SNW out of the warp pipe and through Peaches castle.

MK entrance is probably through Bowsers. Bare in mind that this artwork was released for Japan. In Hollywood it will probably be different in layout but with similar elements.
This is correct. For this piece of concept art, which matches Japan and the canceled USF plans, you enter the land through Peach’s Castle (after entering a warp pipe and going up an escalator). The entrance to Mario Kart is through Bowsers.

This is correct. For this piece of concept art, which matches Japan and the canceled USF plans, you enter the land through Peach’s Castle (after entering a warp pipe and going up an escalator). The entrance to Mario Kart is through Bowsers.

Sounds cool.

Though I wonder how it's going to work with the escalator and if the warp pipe will feel claustrophobic?

This article just came out yesterday with Miyamoto stating SNW "will be really worth the wait."

It doesn't reveal anything we didn't already know. I just thought it was interesting on the timing of it. Perhaps Nintendo is facing some sort of heat with the land being delayed and postponed for so long since announcement, at least in the States.

Personally, if USH SNW only opens with MK and no other ride, then NO, the wait wasn't worth it for me, even if MK is amazeballs. 6 LONG YEARS to open with 1 ride, yeeesh.

I'm still holding out hope for Yoshi or DK as a companion piece to MK.

Miyamoto: Nintendo's Universal Resort Theme Parks Will Be "Really Worth The Wait" - Nintendo Life

To be fair, that comes from the Q1 Earnings from Nintendo themselves.

Just because it comes from this time, it doesn't mean that you should expect anything soon.

...I am hearing slightly something shortly after JW though; just a guess.