Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

Can someone catch me up on why the rumor shifted from reskinning Dinosaur and the surrounding area at DAK into Indy, to demolishing the stunt show and building the land at DHS?

To me, it seems much more cost effective to put this in DAK as Indiana Jones & Snakes! and use the DHS space for something else like Carsland.

That shift is just what trusted insiders have indicated has taken place (if the AK concept was ever seriously in consideration to begin with). In terms of a rationale, we can only speculate.

Can someone catch me up on why the rumor shifted from reskinning Dinosaur and the surrounding area at DAK into Indy, to demolishing the stunt show and building the land at DHS?

To me, it seems much more cost effective to put this in DAK as Indiana Jones & Snakes! and use the DHS space for something else like Carsland.
Because the DAK plan sucked.

And trusted insiders have said so. :tease:

Avatar is a big enough stretch, Indy is too far. What would be next Cars Land? I mean they are lifeforms in that cinematic universe.

Because the DAK plan sucked.

And trusted insiders have said so. :tease:

Haha...alrighty then! I’m game if it means a better Indy experience. Let’s get the ball rolling! The stunt show is the most dated, self-indulgent experience at the parks - sooner it’s removed, the better.

Catching up on this thread and missed the chat about the movies. I just rewatched them all this week. I'd rank them in this order.

1) Raiders
2) The Last Crusade
3) Crystal Skull
4) Temple of Doom

Come at me.

Catching up on this thread and missed the chat about the movies. I just rewatched them all this week. I'd rank them in this order.

1) Raiders
2) The Last Crusade
3) Crystal Skull
4) Temple of Doom

Come at me.

I agree all though I'd probably say CS and TOD are equally bad. Raiders and Last Crusade are 2 of my favorite movies of all time.

I'm calling it now - Shanghi Pirates tech for an Indy ride at DHS. Once SWGE opens they are gonna have to fastrack something to soak up crowds.

I agree all though I'd probably say CS and TOD are equally bad. Raiders and Last Crusade are 2 of my favorite movies of all time.

I'm calling it now - Shanghi Pirates tech for an Indy ride at DHS. Once SWGE opens they are gonna have to fastrack something to soak up crowds.

Temple of Doom starts off awful but gradually gets better and Crystal Skull starts off relatively well (I can take the fridge scene fine) and slowly gets worse and worse. The big difference is that Temple has a horrible supporting cast and Willie Scott is one of the most irritating characters ever on film.

Temple of Doom starts off awful but gradually gets better and Crystal Skull starts off relatively well (I can take the fridge scene fine) and slowly gets worse and worse. The big difference is that Temple has a horrible supporting cast and Willie Scott is one of the most irritating characters ever on film.

All true. But temple has an epic mine kart ride so just edges it for me - just turn the sound down so you don't hear Kate Capsure's ridiculous screaming ;)

All true. But temple has an epic mine kart ride so just edges it for me - just turn the sound down so you don't hear Kate Capsure's ridiculous screaming ;)

If Disney built the original concept of the Indiana Jones ride with the mine train coaster in it, I think that would be the most excited I could get for a new land.

It's no worse than a box that magically melts faces off and punching through a human breastplate like it was Jello in order to pull out a heart.

But it is.

I get Indy films had a lot of material like that, but the monkeys were on another level. Also, cuz Shia.

The problem with the monkeys scene for me is not really the concept of it. The problem with the monkeys scene for me is how awful it looks on a visual level. That's just a problem with CRYSTAL SKULL in general -- it's one of the worst-looking films in Steven Spielberg's filmography, and it's baffling, particularly because the DP (Janusz Kaminski) showed just a few years later with WAR HORSE that he could have approximated more of that "old-fashioned filmmaking" look. Seriously, WAR HORSE looks way more like an Indiana Jones movie should look than CRYSTAL SKULL, which is crammed with obvious digital fakery, bizarre color correction, and just-plain-hideous lighting.

1) Raiders
2) The Last Crusade
3) Crystal Skull
4) Temple of Doom

Come at me.

This is one of the hottest takes I've ever seen!

I think TEMPLE OF DOOM, particularly the utterly insane last 40ish minutes, is pure, unadulterated Spielberg, and it's wonderful.

RAIDERS will always be number 1 for me (it's one of my very favorite films of all time), but I love TEMPLE and CRUSADE pretty equally. It's pretty much an ideal trilogy, and those three movies still put almost all other action-adventures to shame.

The problem with the monkeys scene for me is not really the concept of it. The problem with the monkeys scene for me is how awful it looks on a visual level. That's just a problem with CRYSTAL SKULL in general -- it's one of the worst-looking films in Steven Spielberg's filmography, and it's baffling, particularly because the DP (Janusz Kaminski) showed just a few years later with WAR HORSE that he could have approximated more of that "old-fashioned filmmaking" look. Seriously, WAR HORSE looks way more like an Indiana Jones movie should look than CRYSTAL SKULL, which is crammed with obvious digital fakery, bizarre color correction, and just-plain-hideous lighting.

This is one of the hottest takes I've ever seen!

I think TEMPLE OF DOOM, particularly the utterly insane last 40ish minutes, is pure, unadulterated Spielberg, and it's wonderful.

RAIDERS will always be number 1 for me (it's one of my very favorite films of all time), but I love TEMPLE and CRUSADE pretty equally. It's pretty much an ideal trilogy, and those three movies still put almost all other action-adventures to shame.

The CGI reliance in Crystal is definitely one of its weakest points. It detracts from that 50s era as well and it just seemed so unnecessary.

The last 40 minutes is fantastic but the supporting cast is terrible along with the first hour or so that it really brings it down.

Indy ride at DHS....great idea....next to SW:GE....bad idea? I think DHS's biggest problem is all guests going to the left side of the park...they REALLY need something new on Sunset Blvd.

The CGI reliance in Crystal is definitely one of its weakest points. It detracts from that 50s era as well and it just seemed so unnecessary.

The last 40 minutes is fantastic but the supporting cast is terrible along with the first hour or so that it really brings it down.

I guess I just never had a problem with Willie or Short Round. With Willie, I actually appreciate - at least conceptually - that they were trying to present a radically different type of leading lady from Marion in RAIDERS.

Indy ride at DHS....great idea....next to SW:GE....bad idea? I think DHS's biggest problem is all guests going to the left side of the park...they REALLY need something new on Sunset Blvd.

Or in Animation Courtyard, simultaneously with an Indy expansion adjacent to Echo Lake.

Animation. That's where the need is. That gets people to the right side a bit more and helps out a fairly dated and underutilized area. There's really only one expansion spot on actual Sunset Blvd. That is unless they decide to demolish BatB or even Fantasmic someday. And while it may seem like blasphemy to some to demo Fantasmic, it HAS been talked about. It was where Tron was supposed to go before it got put in MK.

I love CS if only for the scene when Indiana sees Marion again out of nowhere. The look on his face is a combination of excitement, confusion and WTF that makes me giggle every time.