Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah but Pandora isn’t no nearly as intricate. Its basically an alien jungle with two rides and a restaurant. This is so much more.
So Pandora was Hogsmeade and SWGE is Diagon then? ;)

Obviously Hogsmeade (especially once Hagrid opens) is better than Pandora, but the analogy isn't *too* far off. Point being, Pandora was sort of the first attempt and SWGE is them going "all-in" on 360-degree immersive theming while also making the land feel more alive.

Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I have a BOLD prediction. It’s not going to be as bad as people keep making it out to be. 1). Disneyland’s will have already opened so it’ll take the brunt of Star Wars fanatics who must see it day one and general fans who want to experience it earlier. 2). We keep hearing about how crazy the crowds will be...but I never hear anyone saying that they’ll actually be going. Now I’m not saying no one will be there, I’m just saying I think all of this talk about how crazy it’s going to be has literally convinced a good portion of the public that going around opening is not worth it. I think you’ll have some long lines, I’d probably guess Pandora level lines, maybe slightly higher, consistently for a couple of years.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...

Reactions: Andysol and SkiBum

Multiple people are implying big connections of SWGE to ep IX. How surprising would it be to Batuu to appear in it?

That way that AA shifts its weight is incredible.

Also, the AA Hondo looks older than the animated Hondo. Could time be a factor since SWGE is set during the new trilogy?

I’d actually never seen this character before today as I’m not familiar with the animated series. Is it fair to say most people coming to SWGE will be meeting him for the first time? I agree character integrity is important, but even if he looks a bit different, at least most guests won’t know lol.
I think more people will recognize him than you'd imagine, but yeah, he is still a relatively unknow character.
He appeared some times on Clone Wars and a bit more frequently on Rebels(the Star Wars cartoons). So I'd imagine people who were born on late 90s or later(to have watched the cartoons at the target age) will be more likely to recognize him(still, he is no Ashoka or Ezra, so there is always the possibility they could just not remember).

tl;dr He is not as much of a deep cut as it looks like, but most people won't be familiar with him.

:look:

It's an alien canyon with two rides, and TWO restaurants.

Umm no...did you not read any of the articles?
There are 2 restaurants, a separate bar, different food stands, 5(?) different stores, a land interactive with your phone, AA shopkeepers, Djs, etc.

It’s a much bigger world they have created then Pandora.

If these are top notch, high quality lightsaber's, then it wouldn't be. Total cost will be high if you want it full and complete, but IF (and that's a big if) it's of high quality, then it's priced appropriately. Look anywhere online right now to buy top notch lightsaber's by some third party... all of them run you hundreds of dollars.

Not disputing the cost is a lot, but if the quality is there, then it's priced appropriately... for big Star Wars fans. I'm not quite sure if this price will fly with families, but doesn't Universal charge around $100 for a Hogwarts robe and even more if you want a quidditch broom? I feel like the market is there for the cost, but maybe i'm wrong.

Yes IF the quality is there. Big if. But I can also get some really great looking hilts from the high quality online shops for less than $80. I don't see how Disney can justify 110.

Who’s in denial? I was making a prediction.

In my opinion, DHS is going to be swamped in an awful way. Disneyland typically services guests from the more immediate area (namely California and the neighboring states) whereas WDW seems to attract visitors from all over. So, I think that Disneyland and WDW will be inundated by guests who haven't been to the other park. Kind of an East Coast and West Coast thing. Plus, SW has a much greater connection to guests than Avatar. Pandora was busy because it was new and marketed heavily. SWL will be extremely busy because of the IP, guests familiarity and love for that IP, and because of the rides (basing on having awesome rides).

In my opinion, DHS is going to be swamped in an awful way. Disneyland typically services guests from the more immediate area (namely California and the neighboring states) whereas WDW seems to attract visitors from all over. So, I think that Disneyland and WDW will be inundated by guests who haven't been to the other park. Kind of an East Coast and West Coast thing. Plus, SW has a much greater connection to guests than Avatar. Pandora was busy because it was new and marketed heavily. SWL will be extremely busy because of the IP, guests familiarity and love for that IP, and because of the rides (basing on having awesome rides).

Both are going to be crowded. Disneyland will be worse because it's first and the hardcore won't want to wait.

Both are going to be crowded. Disneyland will be worse because it's first and the hardcore won't want to wait.

It can easily go either way. Sure, Disneyland will take the brunt for the hardcore visitors but this will only last a few months until it opens at DHS.

After that period is over, my money would be on DHS being more crowded.
  • DHS is a smaller park
  • Disneyland has a lot more to offer in the same park (and DCA is just across the road)
  • WDW has higher attendance compared to DL resort
  • Add in the differences between FP and FP+.

It can easily go either way. Sure, Disneyland will take the brunt for the hardcore visitors but this will only last a few months until it opens at DHS.

After that period is over, my money would be on DHS being more crowded.
  • DHS is a smaller park
  • Disneyland has a lot more to offer in the same park (and DCA is just across the road)
  • WDW has higher attendance compared to DL resort
  • Add in the differences between FP and FP+.

Maybe, but I think WDW in general is just better at handling massive crowds. Also the FP/FP+ thing is less about crowds and more about just a terrible system.

Wondering if any of the opening day features that don’t work in “reality” will be cut by park ops before it opens in Florida.

California will definitely be a test.

Also...I didn’t see any of the articles mention walk around character/droids like originally teased...

Isn’t that what a part 1 would be to a part 2? Compared to how Hogsmeade originally opened I’d say it’s an apt response. Star Wars is going against Diagon and dialing it up to 11.

I'm gonna be honest, and before getting into this I will say SWL is going to be incredible and I'm excited, but I don't see how this is leaps and bounds more impressive than Diagin Alley *yet*. It looks great, but all the food and beverage things they released yesterday was "Diagon Alley by Star Wars".

Wondering if any of the opening day features that don’t work in “reality” will be cut by park ops before it opens in Florida.

California will definitely be a test.

Also...I didn’t see any of the articles mention walk around character/droids like originally teased...

Can't have walk around droids when you don't have enough street space for guests.

Reactions: natespf and Dhdhddh
I'm gonna be honest, and before getting into this I will say SWL is going to be incredible and I'm excited, but I don't see how this is leaps and bounds more impressive than Diagin Alley *yet*. It looks great, but all the food and beverage things they released yesterday was "Diagon Alley by Star Wars".

Can't have walk around droids when you don't have enough street space for guests.

If they can figure out how to get a giant parade down an over crowded main street I think they can pull it off.

Also this...

Reactions: HPFred