Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 534 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's personal and not theme park related. But Universal did not just let him go because they're dumb.

Well I think they might be silly for not realizing what they created and trying to make lightning strike twice.

Last edited:
Why has no one mentioned that Alan Gilmore gave a statement in the reveal video that directly contradicts every insider regarding the ride vehicles? He claimed that the ride experience will be completely different depending on if you're in the side car or on the motorbike. Either what he said was not accurate and the seating is the same and only the exterior is different or Universal made a foolish decision and will have a crowd control nightmare as people demand certain seating.

Why has no one mentioned that Alan Gilmore gave a statement in the reveal video that directly contradicts every insider regarding the ride vehicles? He claimed that the ride experience will be completely different depending on if you're in the side car or on the motorbike. Either what he said was not accurate and the seating is the same and only the exterior is different or Universal made a foolish decision and will have a crowd control nightmare as people demand certain seating.

3” or so of seat height is the difference.

The sidecar will put your butt closer to the track. The motorbike will give you a higher view. They will be different experiences, but only slightly.

Maybe Scene 9 based on @Alicia scene locations?
I think scene 12 is more likely, directly after the devils snare. That will be the most Forest-y part of the ride by far so it fits. Scene 9 is already cluttered with fluffy prior, then Anglia, then spike. But that’s just my guess. Centaur could be in the queue as part of today’s lesson like in the book or even scenes 2 or 3 at start of the ride for all I know. I haven’t yet heard where he will be. But 12 feels right.

So what Alan Gilmore said was completely inaccurate then. So strange they would give him that talking point. It just adds confusion and unrealistic expectations. Doesn't anyone proof the copy they hand out to talent?
I don't know til I ride but I would guess it will make a difference which side of the train you are on.

Reactions: natespf
Well why did you even mention it then lol?!?!

Big fan of yours but this is just annoying, I’m sooooooo curious now :thumbsdown:

It’s not some massive personal secret. The TLDR version is essentially he had a cult following and cult personality and they didn’t want that so they split ways. You could also argue that Matt was making UOR media his personal playground. Regardless, They wanted a team and didn’t want a personality bigger than the brand itself, which is where it was headed.

Now Matt is with Disney.

There’s your “secret”. Back to Hagrid’s and all the newsworthy info. :)

The sidecar will put your butt closer to the track. The motorbike will give you a higher view. They will be different experiences, but only slightly.

I think scene 12 is more likely, directly after the devils snare. That will be the most Forest-y part of the ride by far so it fits. Scene 9 is already cluttered with fluffy prior, then Anglia, then spike. But that’s just my guess. Centaur could be in the queue as part of today’s lesson like in the book or even scenes 2 or 3 at start of the ride for all I know. I haven’t yet heard where he will be. But 12 feels right.
Speaking of scene 12, is this a platform of some type? Perhaps suitable for a centaur standing towards the track with a bow?

Or is it for something else?

B5132B0D-1313-4571-BC7E-5C6CF88BE09C.jpeg

Reactions: Ryno27
I like the concept art, personally. It’s got a rough around the edges feel that gives me Wizarding World vibes, and I think they left the buildings to help us understand the size, as there still seems to be some people who think this is akin to Hippogriff.

The thing that worries me is the sound barrier. It’s clearly visible in the money shot of the abbey, and I really hope it’s got some paint and more trees coming to help mask it.

I heard that too and took it to mean that the 2 seating locations will feel completely different. Whether that means the seats will have different restraint systems and/or seating levels or perhaps maybe something else? Definitely conveyed that they would be different experiences though.

Speaking of scene 12, is this a platform of some type? Perhaps suitable for a centaur standing towards the track with a bow?

Or is it for something else?

View attachment 9102
Okay never mind. In recent aerials looks like that may just be an evacuation path from the track. But, still could be on the bottom floor of drop track or scene 13...

But yea, maybe @Teebin is right. Could be first outdoor section... right where the dirt is dug up maybe? Then it could be visible from the beginning and end of the ride maybe.

D1P1LeqWwAAljeJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.