Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Prop Shop Update Thread

I hope that old logo stuff sells out of there quickly so the merchandise branch will recognize the demand for throwback stuff and commission a line of 30th anniversary merch featuring that logo next year.

I've heard there's a reason why they don't do much anniversary stuff and this might be trying to prove someone wrong.

I've heard there's a reason why they don't do much anniversary stuff and this might be trying to prove someone wrong.

It's disappointing to hear it may have been a matter of policy, rather than something they've just overlooked (which was my assumption).

I hope whichever person that might be is definitely proven incorrect.

It is IOAs 20th this year after all. And USFs 30th next year.

Amazing how anniversary merch can’t stay on the shelf for HHN, but the daily ops team is so incompetent that they can’t seem to figure out a way to capitalize off of their anniversary of being open as a theme park.

It is IOAs 20th this year after all. And USFs 30th next year.

Amazing how anniversary merch can’t stay on the shelf for HHN, but the daily ops team is so incompetent that they can’t seem to figure out a way to capitalize off of their anniversary of being open as a theme park.
They've been very intentional about not letting people forget about HHN anniversaries and past year's content

Shame they don't do that too much for the regular day product....I do remember them attempting something during the 25th year though

IOA, once again, deservs more attention as a separate entitiy (special merch, recognition, etc)

They've been very intentional about not letting people forget about HHN anniversaries and past year's content

Shame they don't do that too much for the regular day product....I do remember them attempting something during the 25th year though

IOA, once again, deservs more attention as a separate entitiy (special merch, recognition, etc)
All I remember seeing were shirts with UO globe logo with a circle of text around it the read "Celebrating 25 Years". I was not impressed and was very disappointed.

Dated merchandise is always hit or miss for parks. Disney does tons of it because for so many Disney is a yearly trip so each year they have to buy something to commemorate their yearly trip. SeaWorld does the same. Both parks end up selling tons of dated merchandise cheap at the end of the year because sometimes it sells, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'd expect as Universal really becomes a primary destination in Orlando we'll see more dated/anniversary stuff showing up as more people are making Universal a yearly trip now with so many new things coming each year.

Dated merchandise is always hit or miss for parks. Disney does tons of it because for so many Disney is a yearly trip so each year they have to buy something to commemorate their yearly trip. SeaWorld does the same. Both parks end up selling tons of dated merchandise cheap at the end of the year because sometimes it sells, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'd expect as Universal really becomes a primary destination in Orlando we'll see more dated/anniversary stuff showing up as more people are making Universal a yearly trip now with so many new things coming each year.

Agreed. Although if done right, dated merch can still be cool. My only Disney World shirt that still fits me is from 2012, but the design was so cool that I couldn't help myself. (Also, I bought a youth XL, so it was cheap compared to the adult prices.)